Reviews for There Be Dragons
Dino-Rogue chapter 1 . 3/5
You do not like the ending? It is the loveliest! And I do believe that yes, these thoughts, transforming and evolving, are indeed Eustace's very thoughts and feelings during his dragoned state. Every single bit of this piece, I dare say.

The next Evolution of rodentkind? Haha! Oh, how I wish, Eustace! So I could tell them to get away from me... but indeed, it is made clear in the books that he has never read the sorts of books that his cousins had, and so he absolutely knows nothing, or at least not that much, of dragons, let alone any other creatures or enchantments! An ironic turn, indeed.

A marvelous job! Capturing every emotion, every wish! Awesome!
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Aw, so true. You've painted the perfect picture of Euastece's thoughts, and have mirrored them wonderfully for us. That's true, his renewing . . . it means there's always a second chance, to change and make it right. Great fic, just great!
nochance chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I thought you did Eustace quite well. I love being able to get into character's heads and that was all this was.
reneerose chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
Like how you've written what he might be thinking. But he's warming up at the end...is there another chapter in the works?
Nocte Furorem chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Nice. Good little story.
X007 chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
nice
Bri Nara chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
I must say, Eustace being a dragon was my favorite part of the book, and this just gave me the same feeling as when I was reading it (I don't have a name for it, but I'll make one eventually).

I must admit, you kept Eustace in character pretty nicely, I can imagine him saying all that.

I like the ending, it's really sweet. 3
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Aw! I LOVED the parts about Lu and Ed, how his views of them had changed to be MUCH BETTER! U How sweet! I LOVE how their relationships changed during/after his transformation! *U*

Goodness, this was really good! I LOVED the parts about Caspian, too, as well as Aslan! Also, the parts where she discounts/slanders the beliefs and ways of his parents (I STILL find it hilarious that he calls them by their first names...) were amazing! U

Rock on! U *U*

Ever-so sincerely signed,

Shizuku Tsukishima749 :D ;D :) ;)
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
A great story. Very good.
King Caspian the Seafarer chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
This is perhaps the best glance I've gotten into Eustace's mind for a long, long time. His thoughts were so in character, for you can see that he's in the middle of changing, but still thinks in some ways as he did as a brat. An interesting phase of his character development that we hardly ever get a glimpse of-and you did a terrific job with it! Well done, indeed!

Lion be with you,

KC
Elspeth.Davidson chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
nice! Some of the phasing feels a little off, like the first sentence, compared with the rest of it. Nice short though.
floppyearsthebunny chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
It took me a while to to get be cause of it's size and heavier reading, but I'm glad I did. It was very well written and in character. I loved the bit with Eustace and Lucy and Ed at the end, Great ending.

This line made me laugh. How very twelfth century and utterly outdated, as Alberta would say.
Sophia Anya Lee chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Wow ... I love the narration and the writing style, makes it seem almost like canon; and the feelings you've portrayed ... just mind-blowing.
The Owl's Pen chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
I ::really:: like this! Eustace-turned-dragon is a favorite of mine. I like how you've expressed his thoughts as he is slowly turning from the old, cranky, sceptical Eustace toward the more open-hearted Eustace. I think the end is lovely. It shows that he does need the affection of his cousins. Good job!
ilysia chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
This really is very good. And the train-of-thought is connected and makes sense and is interesting (unlike some stories written in the same form). You've done very well with Eustace here- he's on the verge of being better, but just hasn't quite reached the point at which he's changed. But it's lovely.