Reviews for The Case of the Hidden Epidemic
LittleChomper chapter 12 . 9/6
kaito being adorable when he's care is the best!
Fireflower19 chapter 15 . 6/15
This story is a true gem! The characters are strong and personalities tangible. I can't stop squealing over how developed and interesting the plot is. This story is justice to all things Detective Conan, and the writing that went into this is astounding. Thank you both for writing this masterpiece! I will surely read all things Conan that you write.
This was very good. Very good. I've read a lot of fanfiction, but this was well thought out and... Surprisingly, well researched. Even down to the honorifics.

A couple of small spelling or grammatical errors, but nothing near what I always expect. The only other thing is I think you could've made reading Hattori a little easier while still staying true to his accent.
Kameo1 chapter 15 . 2/2
Your story is amazing! The progression of the mystery and the amazing mix of characterization and emotions made it feel both plot and character compatible! The description of Shinichi's situation was described perfectly and the real tragedy that Gosho created was highlighted. And Ran's reaction was a true masterpiece, a cocktail of anger, sadness, frustration, and sympathy filled her character perfectly! Thank you so much for writing this amazing story :)
kiddikatxd chapter 15 . 10/23/2015
This story is incredible.
The story was well thought through, your writing style is great to read and your characterisations... MAN I think I barely read something so on point.
I loved how you put an actual story together with the whole 'Ran-finds-out-about-Conan/Shinichi'-thingy and you made it fit perfectly to the characters. And I'm also impressed by your work with Heiji and in general the speaking pattern of every single character. I've never seen so much effort put into fiction and I'll applaude you for that.
Great great GREAT work done on this one and I can't wait to read your sequels.

Kneoria chapter 15 . 10/22/2015
This is awesome! I love it! Its so interesting!
MayContainHyjinks chapter 15 . 9/2/2015
I'm baaack

THAT WAS AWESOME! Have some internet cake and cookies! hahaha You guys did an epic job making the story sound like something that would have legitimately happened in the anime/cannon. (I watched the anime, never got around to the manga)

Big thanks for getting Ran in on the Conan loop. It drove me slightly nuts (as I look back) that Ran was so close to figuring it out but (to my knowledge) never did.

Between the Kaitou Kid and Sonoko you kept the laughs right on coming. No matter what was going, when those either one of those two turned up I knew that a chuckle was incoming XD

Now, off to the sequel!
majishan chapter 15 . 8/3/2015
very well written and a good insight of the characters thought process
Boogum chapter 15 . 6/11/2015
Ahhhh, this story was all things wonderful! I'm a little gushy and fangirly right now (not to mention half-asleep), so this is going to be a pathetic review compared to what this fic deserves. That said:

1: Your characterisation was amazing! I've been reading a lot of DC fics, and yours is one of the few that actually makes me feel like I'm seeing canon characters. So thank you for that! I especially enjoyed your portrayal of Kid and Ran.

2: IT HAS PLOT! So many stories just sort of drift around, but this had real substance, and that makes me oh-so-happy. There wasn't needless drama, and everything just fit. I also thought you did great building up the mystery.

3: YOU FEATURED KID! I'm repeating this again, because I'm a shameless Kid fangirl and will always appreciate a well-written version of my Kid-Sama. The chapter where he 'stalked' Conan and Mistuhiko was just perfect.

In short, I loved this fic. Instant favourite.
Boogum chapter 1 . 6/10/2015
Oooooh, the intrigue. I shall read this story.
Atemue chapter 15 . 5/27/2015
This story was certainly very well written. There was a good potion of mystery, suspense, humour and romance, just as we're used in the Conan mangas. Your idea how Ran found out was great, especially because at the beginning I feared that she would simply not remember when she woke up from her poisoning , but you certainly turned the whole thing around and created the unexpected. A lot of this story also had an unusual amount of depression from Shinichi's side, but it was obviously a main factor of this story and needed. Nonetheless even with the heavy topic you still were able to add the humour here and there and that made everyone very much in character. In fact it was very reasonable for Shinichi to finally have his break down, with everything that happened. First the children had warmed up to so much get hurt one after another, while in between there is the old conflict of him hurting Ran even if he did not want to and the revelation that the latest events have the organisation behind.

The chapter where Ran revealed that she remembered her talk with Shinichi and Conan finally giving in and not denying anything was certainly my favourite chapter. I loved both of their reactions. Of course Ran would be angry underneath but with what she learned before and also with when she saw how much Shinichi was hurting, it was naturally that the anger had been kept at bay and she was more interested in soothing him. It was a sweet, supportive scene, perfectly fitting for a character like Ran. Not to mention from that point of truth it was very interesting to watch how interaction changed between them.

I also liked that you gave Ran more talent at lying than Heiji. I remember some scenes in the manga where she had difficulties with coming up with stories, but on the other hand I'm of the opinion that she must have some talent for acting, after all she played the main part of the school play before and even if it was just a school play, I can't image they would simply hand out roles to people who are hopeless. Shinichi of course didn't count, because that was Sonoko playing spontaneous matchmaker. Anyway, your decision to allow Ran to come up with a story for the latest events and to calm down Kazuha was a wonderful direction and I loved it. She also only called Conan Shinichi in her panic once, thankfully into an empty apartment, but later she remembered to call him Conan all the time, which I approve. One less worry for Shinichi, he certainly has to worry more about Heiji's blunders than Ran's.

Oh and one thing I couldn't resist mentioning. The suspense for Conan's abduction was very high, and added a good bonus by making him untraceable without that psycho knowing he was doing it. The idea of making him bleed out Conan out was certainly interesting and unique for a Conan story, though I had to grin when I realised what was going on because that idea was also used in a Sherlock Holmes episode with Basil Rathbone where Moriarty made him bleed out just like that as well and since those films are far older than any fanfic is, you might realise where my amusement comes from. ;)

I'm going to read the sequel now, I'm looking very much forward to what you had in mind now that our favourite Phantom Thief gets involved. Once more, respect for this amazing story. This is certainly one of the best Conan stories I've been able to find so far.

Usagi-Atemu-Tom /_\
Lance Rowllen chapter 12 . 5/9/2015
No, I'm sorry but Kudo would never reveal his secret to Ran under any circumstance. It almost happened once but that was because hundreds of people were in danger. And many more hard and stressful events happened later as well were it would seem that he would crack but he didn't. So what would make you think that he would now. Ran being in trouble isn't enough. Movie #4, #13, #11, etc, and countless episodes show her getting in more danger than this. She needs to forget about Conan being Shinichi.
Icyicy00 chapter 4 . 4/4/2015
It took me way too long to figure out who it was, way, way too long. Conan would be disappointed in me :')
Nekocin chapter 15 . 3/28/2015
A very exciting read. Thank you for sharing this.
Jennosaur chapter 15 . 2/14/2015
I really love this. Your plot and writing style are sooo amazing. One of the best DC fics on this website! And you guys have great grammar... That's def a plus :) Keep up the good work!