Reviews for The Last Mile
Guest chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
Poor Dean! T-T But at least he has Sam now! :D
Lexy chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I seriously don't know if it's just me but there seems to be more that could be written to add to this if you ever planned on turning this into a chapter story instead of just a one shot but like I said before that's just my opinion. It's really good though
GiveTeamFreeWillAHug chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
aw that was so sweet I think I'm gonna let one tear go.. wait nope just my throat hurts.. hold it in ok.. well done with thisstory!
Hermione's Shadow chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
that was perfect, season four and 5 were absolute torture for me to watch, I mean, I grew to love Cas even though I couldn't decide if I liked him or not in the beginning, and I loved the way Bobby became much more of a regular on the show, but watching the relationship between Sam and Dean change, that just killed me, and I didn't even have to watch it progress over two years. My friend got me hooked on the show about halfway through season 5, so I zipped through all four and a half seasons in like a week and a half. I was truly ready to give up on the show and came so close at so many different points (this episode being one of them) and I can honestly say if I had been watching normal speed, from week to week, I honestly don't think I would have stuck with it. To me, the thing that made the show so awesome were Sam and Dean's relationship. I mean, sure all the action and scary things were cool, but it was there relationship and complete unwavering love for each other that caught me hook, line, and sinker. And I get that every relationship has there ups and downs and needs to be pushed to the limit sometimes, but with Sam and Dean, it was like an endless cycle, they'd push it to the limit where I would say ok, I'm not going to watch anymore if it doesn't get a little better, and then in the last 5 minutes of the episode something would happen to give me hope and I'd watch again only to see the cycle repeat. I'm really, really hoping that next season we will see that change. Anyway, awesome story, truly, truly awesome! btw, what quote was that movie from?
sidjack chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
OMG! You are killing me, this is so great. Please stop whatever you are doing and go write for the show, cause girl, you rock.

This is so great, how sad Dean is, thinking that Sam doesn't need him anymore. So well done, you just dig into the heart of both boys and I just love it.

Go Sammy, yeah! This is really superb, I am saving this one.

sid
jensengirl4eva chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Brotherly fluff you got to love it. Great story...
TheKritty chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
Omg, I just love this little story! I so missed a brotherly moment at the end of 4x16...*sighs* And your little writing was exactly what I needed! I was like...perfect!

You captured Dean and his miserable thoughs SO well and Sam, despite the fact that he was somehow Sammy again, was really season4!Sam, more grown-up and so on. And there were moments when I just thought 'Oh crap'.

"Sam is watching him with dark eyes. They aren’t sad anymore. They are angry. Furious."

- I was like 'Wtf? That's just..wrong!'

But, hell. season4!Sam is like that. Not tired and miserable, but angry and itching for getting revenge. In this moment it's what Dean needed, someone who gives him strengh, makes him wanting to kill Lilith - or at least to make him believe that he isn't the one whou should be blamed.*sighs*

Oh and the end! It was perfect! Just like in good old times!

"A moment later,

“Righteous man, huh Dean?”

Dean’s heart feels lighter than it has in months.

“Shut up, Sammy.”"

And I SO laughed my a** off on that one *lol.

Well done! Love it!
nope nope not me chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
ohh, i love the brotherly fluff, and while everything is all angsty and sad, and we are waiting for the next season,i needed a little pick me up. so this was it I think that they shoulda added this into that episode. Dean looked so sad and lonely at the end of the episode. i just want to give him a big hug!

robyn x
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
That was bittersweet but nicely done. I haven't seen the episode fully yet (just clips) but I know enough that this felt like it fitted in after the end onscreen.

This bit made me sad, as the writers and Kripke really have driven home this point lately:

I guess nobody wants to be around me anymore, he thinks miserably. Not even Sam. He hasn’t seen Sam at all, not once since he got into this damn hospital. Gone are the days of the constant vigil by his bedside.

Personally I think the main force behind Sam's determination to finish Lilith IS a desire to protect Dean, and to get revenge for what she put his brother through. I also believe that he does still need Dean, he's just scared of losing him again. I liked that they were able to have that conversation out loud though, and that Dean felt better and stronger for it.

The banter at the end was a good touch and felt very in character. I must admit I'm not sure which movie the quote is from though, so I'm curious now! :)
Tiger chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
I'd so pleased this ep, 4*16, really ended like this, in your cool story, insted chat with heartful Cas, damn him and other angels to hell!
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
i loved it! i think the quote from the movie sounds vaguley familiar... umm... the the dark knight?
ladie red chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
“Righteous man, huh Dean?”

Dean’s heart feels lighter than it has in months.

“Shut up, Sammy.”

That right there, that is what I've been anxious to read for the past week and a bit. The return of the equilibrium. Thank you!
Realhuntress chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Really loved this just the right amount of touchy feely without over doing it. Awesome!
DarkAero chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Why do we fans have to add the angsty and emotional parts that often? Damn it... ;D

You did that really good. Thanks for that story.

It was nice to read.
Guns-N'-Rocksalt chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Aww! Such a sweet story! Nice job, keep writing!