Reviews for Backfire
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Yay, smut to cheer me up now! :D I lovett! I liked the more bitter tone of the beginning, it really fit in with the darkness of Sweeney Todd. It's very true to his character that he would find her nightly visits very annoying, and I like how he was disgusted by her touching him (well, I don't, but it fits obviously, you know? :P). But it was even better when his plan backfired on him. ;) Haha, "...she felt the evidence press hotly against her thigh.", absolutely perfect. I realised at the beginning that he basically wanted to rape her, but I loved how he realised that having her enjoy it too was much more fulfilling than taking her against her will. And I'm glad he didn't. I mean, it makes things more angsty, but I can't see Nellie ever denying Sweeney her body, she wants it too much to do it. xD

The ending was rather sweet, what with Sweeney feeling guilt after realising that taking Nellie against her will would have made him as bad as Turpin. I love how he didn't want her in the beginning but at the end he didn't want her to leave. It was lovely that he realised that he'd have her love no matter what and that it perhaps wasn't as bad as he'd first imagined. I really enjoyed this.
Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
I just loved this!
rainbowfish22 chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
LOVE THIS. SO MUCH. I know I say that in all of my reviews, but it's true. This is awesome. :D
SweeneyToddsDaugher chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
This was a great read. I loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
I'm going to finally follow up on my promise. Happy birthday! ;)

I just love this part: "Being so close to her was completely different than having a cold hand touching him secretly. She was right in front of him and he could feel her now." How silly of him to think the two would be similar! :P You can already see his plan starting to fail... ;)

"And immediately, she knew it, or rather, she felt the evidence press hotly against her thigh." I've got two words for you: Sounds familiar... xD

I love it that when you write smut, you don't use clichéd phrases that usually distract from the story. Using your own words makes it so much better, you have no idea. (Well, maybe you do xD)

I find it interesting that Sweeney finds himself relaxing for the first time in a long time after this happens. I think that it's because he didn't let himself relax before this, and that this incident helped him to vent some of his emotions that he must have been keeping inside. Cause I'm pretty sure that, after awhile, killing people would start to get a little boring and wouldn't do much for him by means of expelling his anger.

Aw, it’s so cute that he didn’t want her to leave :D

“When the kiss came to its natural end, he looked her in the eyes for the first time. They were an endless pool of love and devotion. For once it was a relief to see this gaze and it didn’t annoy or disgust him like it usually did.” I love that. It’s so ironic that at the beginning he’s so disgusted with her always watching him, and then when she starts coming to visit him at night is even more so; but now it seems he can kind of understand her on some level. He’ll never be so glad that his plan backfired :P

Until it was mentioned, I didn’t realize that if Mrs. Lovett had objected this could almost have been rape. But at least now he realizes that Mrs. Lovett will always be there for him (no matter how he treats her), and how much she loves him.

Damn, it just hit 12:13 am, so it’s not officially your birthday anymore. Oh well. Happy belated birthday, then! ;)

-C.C :)
TardisBluePen chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
hm...methinks sweeney should make more plans, so they can backfire more often! ;D

i love this, hon! very hot, very sweenett, very convincing. i love how "angry" (i guess you could say that) in the beginning, and how much he didn't want mrs. lovett to be there. but in the end, he didn't want her to leave. it was sweet.

[“Don’t go,” he whispered, unable to explain this unexpected request any further.]

hehehe. so cute. you made me squeal out loud. :D

i do hope to see more of this soon, i think it will be awesome, and a very good story.

please update soon, i lovett!
Bizarre Dreamscapes chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
OMG, great! I wanted so much that Sweeney would choose Mrs. Lovett over Lucy, but it didn't happen in the original story. Thanx for this!
Shedemei chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
You know, I always find ideas like this implausible and unrealistic...then someone writes them beautifully and convincingly. I've considered writing something like this, except Sweeney's second plan would have succeeded and it would have been sad. I think I like your ending better.
Todd666 chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
That was excellent, love. Well done!
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Aw that was cute.

One thing, though: the past tense of "grind" is "ground". "grinded" is not a word.
R Malfoy R chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
It is not what you usually wirte but it was great, dear!

Very hot and steamy! I really liked it!

How is your computer? Did your cousin fix it?
EverTheDreamer chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Aw! Honey! I loved this! It's so good, so cute!

Good descriptions. And I loved his plans... And how epicly they failed. :)

xoxo, lyss
Lady Nuit chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Good story nice smut and love that you made it flufy and not so Fluffy at the same time.
ShadowoftheblackrOsE chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Aw. i must say his thoughts in the beginning were awful but i was glad that he finaally realised who he really was. She was adorable with her little secret admiring meetings:]]

Sorry we havent talked in so long lol. have been terribly busy and i guees you are to. HOws school? anway, hope to see more of you soon:]]

~haley
Frozenonthesea chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Wow, this is so amazing. It is such a nice compassionate story. I love it. It makes me smile. Sweenett forever. This is a really touching story. you do really good with stories like this. Thanks for a great story!