Reviews for Final Voyage
rosebudmelissa chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
Very nice story! I loved the little flashbacks and how they were integrated into the story.
hester gray chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
this is quite sweet. I love the last three lines:

"Anteus!” he bellowed. “Turn the ship around. We’re returning to Narnia!”

“Is something wrong, my king?” the captain asked, startled (as well he might be).

“No,” Caspian said, beaming. “Everything is right again. Aslan has made it all well. My son is come home.”

and, for some odd reason, I never could see Caspian with Ramandu's daughter, because I felt he didn't love her all that much. At least, not much was said about it. Even though it was never mentioned, I thought that Susan, though a world away, would be the truly perfect queen. I don't know why, I guess I am just weird like that:)
CompanionWanderer chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
In my current status of housebound 24-hour milk-supplier, I am taking the opportunity to reacquaint myself with your writing, and must apologize for not doing it sooner.

This is so lovely...I am envious at the way others can find little niches in the stories to flesh out, as I find that so inexplicably difficult myself with Narnia. Anyway, very touching, what you've created here; I love the flashbacks to Caspian's family life, the name of the ship, your characterization of Drinian, the encounter with Aslan - all beautiful. And yes, very Job-like, when Aslan goes all who-are-you-to-question-me at the end. It makes me shiver, a little, with mingled reverence and sympathy. We've all been in that place, and few of us come out of it gracefully.
Andi Horton chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
I scold myself for making me wait so long to read this, I really do! I love the vignette style writing, something about it has really been speaking to me lately- I hope not just because it reminds me of bullet points, lol! But really, I think there's something strongly reminiscent of the Chronicles themselves, these small, rich glimpses of a whole world and entire lives that lie just beyond. Like little windows, or something, that we can peek through to catch the tiniest idea of the splendour on the other side of the wall. You capture that feeling so perfectly, it was a true treat to experience.

Loved Rilian's education on the ship! Drinian putting him in place just sternly enough was perfect, for all that Caspian sees him as sentimental ;) I also loved the glimpses of the relationship between husband and wife, there was definite richness there, and you don't seem to have sacrificed depth to brevity in the slightest; a real feat, and an admirable one.

And, of course, the closing scene was the strongest, and the most evocative of all. Aslan perfect in terrible splendour, so very much the KING over all Kings, and Caspian -eventually!- remembering it. Lovely.

I am miffed at me for waiting so long to enjoy this!
Autumnia chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
I thought this was rather well-written; it didn't seem stiff at all. I like that you also showed that the crew are all young people now, but we also know what happened to Drinian. It's rather fitting that his son would also become a sailor like his father. And it was nice that you brought remnants of the Dawn Treader aboard this new boat as well.
Miniver chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
It's so good to see a story from you again. I understand your allotment of time to many other good causes (kidlet, figure skating, and all), but it's great that you managed to work on this portrait of Caspian at a rarely-seen moment in his life. And you even mentioned Eustace! You made very effective use of flashbacks, and you gave Ramandu's daughter a great deal of personality. I love Rilian taking the wheel of the ship! It reminds me of every story I've ever heard of a white-knuckled parent sitting in the passenger seat while the kid learned to drive. Drinian is a peach, and it's good to see him get the spotlight here. I (selfishly) hope you'll be able to squeeze in some time for other one-shots.
The Lion chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Very nicely written. It is an interesting story that is not often told.

I love the Job-esque bit at the end with Aslan demanding to know who Caspian thinks he is to question Aslan!