Reviews for Sleep
Guest chapter 1 . 11/17/2014
Make me cry...
Kitsune1818 chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
So very interesting. I always thought, of the three Winchesters, Dean is the one who have it hardest; watching his father back, taking care of Sammy (Sammy is always first, no matter what), he saw his life turn ashes in a fire along with his mother and his childhood was drowned in a bottle of alcohol by his father (John loved his sons, but he made many mistakes...) This piece of work shows a part of Dean that wishes, really wishes for a safety that his reality will never allow. I loved it, and how Cas,maybe feeling pity for the sad little human, concedes his wish.
Washington-Jones chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Cas is super nice !
pesky.lil.critter chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Man, you do sad so well. Pain and beauty and... something I can't quite put my finger on. (I'm not just referring to this fic. I've read some of your later work as well.)

Totally putting you on my author alert. Reading this stuff is like getting a nice strong hit of my daily dose of fictional heartache. Feels much better than real heartache!

Love, Annabeth
Mstngsali1 chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
Interesting way of ending the story. Dean just wants to not be afraid. Beautifully written. :D
anon chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
Yeah, when your brother would rather have a fake family than you is when you officially know you've screwed up your job royally as a sibling.
Alana84 chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
Oh, that was so sad but great nonetheless, I liked it! Dean finally go his wish in the end! Well done!
MetallicTaste chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Very nice! I like how you twisted the story XD.
krimson chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Ouch! That was sad, but very on point. Not only does the universe like to beat Dean down, but it also seems to enjoy teasing him with "might have beens". Heaven was taking a helluva risk (pardon the pun) offering Dean a choice between normalcy and destiny. Of course, Dean never really had a choice, that's pretty much the definition of destiny. It was just a setup to make it seem like one. Great story!
babikakes chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Heartbreaking. Dean just wants to not hurt anymore.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
great
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
that was good! i liked it! but yet dean was meant for a greater purpose as castiel so plainly states. i think we all want our boys to be happy. i know i do.
krissy7490 chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Oh my word! *sniffle* My poor Dean! And my poor Cas! Of course Cas wants to make Dean happy and why wouldn't Dean what the nice, safe life where he was loved and happy? Excellent story!
sylia91 chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
You can't really fault Dean for wanting something for himself once instead of always sacrificing without recognition and doomed to a tragic fate despite always he has done. Interesting that in the show Dean has never wished anything for himself. WIAWNSB only had him wishing his mother didn't die for John and Sam to have Jess. He traded his soul for his duty and love for Sam. Nothing selfish, nothing for himself.
starry-oblivion chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Interesting AU. I personally think that Dean's not quite broken enough to accept a safe illusion, but it was still well-written and made me think... mostly about how Dean is the perfect example of a tragic hero.

Thanks for writing this.