Reviews for Everyone Loves a Slinky
StanaTorv chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
my slinkies always got tangled. i'm blaming my little brother lol.

great fic. very funny

:D sam
Suzie1989 chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Great oneshot, I was actually tidying out my attic the other day and I found my old multicoloured slinky! Then this story popped up in my email, weird huh.

Suzie
Lya chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
that was really really awesome!
csimesser1 chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
that was good loved it
goldpiece chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
My favorite thing to browse through at a garages sale...the mismatched tupperware lids that are like ten cents for ten. Gotta love them.

Melissa
duskbutterfly chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
LOL I love it. Booth & Brennan arguing over a slinkie - wouldn't miss it for the world.

This is so much fun to read, thankyou for sharing it!

although I'm so not going to be able to concentrate on this assignment now & i do blame you for my sudden urge to go find / buy / beg / borrow a slinkie ;)
bblove chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
lol
DarkArts27 chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
So I'm not the only one with a child-like obsession with slinky's then?

This was brilliant, I love how you can just get a small event, such as scoping out the local garage sales, and turn it into such a amazing, and wonderfully written fic. These one's of yours always make me smile, without fail, and we can all relate to these :)

I know at work, I'm shocking. I work at Kmart (part time) and we sell slinky's. I always find one out of the box and play with it for hours. You really do lose track of time when you play with a slinky. The laws of physics are quite fun to watch in action lol.

Hope you have a great weekend, and I can't wait to read more of these :)

By the way, I realised a while ago, you sent me a PM which I haven't replied to. I'm really sorry about that, and I will track it down and reply :)

~Taylor.
lizook chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Oh, this is adorable and warm and just completely them. You have their banter and their ease with one another down so well that I often feel like I'm watching a scene from the show instead of reading an awesome fic.

I loved how their fight at the first sale pretty much caused every one to stop and pay attention (seems like they have a tendency to do this sort of thing), but my real favorite part was the end scene: both them connecting to parts of their past; sharing it with one another.

"“We’re never going to get anything done ever again, are we?” Booth asked after a minute or so of the two of them watching the spinning toy intently. Brennan tore her eyes away from it and looked up at him. Smiles crept across both of their faces and, unable to control themselves, they burst into laughter." Wonderful last image that left me with a goofy smile.

As is the norm, wonderful job, hon!
Spooge13 chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Aw... :D Who DOESN'T love garage sales?
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Hey!

This was awesome and immensely entertaining. I love the image at the end of the two of them being amused by their childrens toys.

Their argument was hysterical. “You deny the Slinky because you deny fun.” - Best piece of logic I've heard in a long time. Man though, slinkies, that definitely takes me back. At our old house we had a huge wooden staircase and me and brother would spend ages with slinkies on those steps *sigh*. Where do the years go?

I can't say that I'm a huge fan of garage sales though. More like the ungodly hours at which you have to get up to go to them.

I have to ask, is the title from 'Ace Ventura'?

Again, terrific job!