Reviews for The Temptation of Hope
Guest chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
you should do a fanfic of what would happen if aragorn had said yes
Darkover chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Dear Raksha: I enjoyed reading this story. You have a good command of both dialogue and characterization. Your descriptiveness is good, too. "His heart is like a fist, to trap and to hold." A very good description of Denethor! I should also like to read the fan fic you mentioned, "Hands of the King." If you would tell me where it is available, I would be grateful. Thank you for writing and posting this story. Sincerely, Darkover
Emily chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Ha, love the way you started this fic out:

The night was fair beneath the rising stars, the sea breeze pleasant, the keep of Dol Amroth bedecked for Mettarë, and Prince Adrahil had just offered me his daughter.

All is peaceful and calm and lovely, and then out of nowhere- BAM!- marry my daughter, will you?

Yikes. : )

Thank you, Aragorn, for doing the right thing, even though, predictably, we knew you would. : )
Jassmine de Blanc chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Lovely! Absolutely lovely! :) The idea of the plot was believable, and the writing - flawless as usual! Even when assumin the first person narrative style, you did it wonderfully, and managed to capture Aragorn's voice very well - his point of view is believable, as is the whole situation. I also loved it that you showed that there WAS love between Denethor and Finduilas... I always imagined there was, too! :)
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
An excelent story about something that may well have happened. Poor Finduilas,as we know what happens to her.I love Aragorn's fidelidy even when he seems to have so little chance of winning his true love.
Gaslight chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Excellent - I love the Thorongil vs. Denethor story and this is a great entry in that whole sub-genre (tiny as it is!).
Aelaer chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Wonderful! I have contemplated about a union between the two, but never had I thought Adhrahil the supporter of the union, but rather Imrahil or Finduilas herself. A wonderful one-shot.
Ocne chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
A fine story, Raksha. Aragorn's voice sounds true. Good job at showing, even if in hints, so well so many layers to him.
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Wow, great little fic! I like how you show that Aragorn was devoted to Arwen, but was still practical enough to think of other options.
Mirach chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Very interesting, very insightful, very... I don't know, just beautiful! I love the first sentence and the contrast of its tune and content. And all the sentences after that, too. Oh, Aragorn is so lonely here, but always choosing the right path, despite of the temptation. Thank you!
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Really, really good. I always find the relationship between "Thorongil" and the House of Hurin fascinating. Aragorn is beautifully characterised.

Sarah x
Ellynn chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Excellent story! :) I enjoyed reading this. Aragorn is portrayed perfectly. ;)