Reviews for Sing Me To Sleep
RandomQueenA chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Who died? I have a feeling it was implied to be Raphael, because "your snores" and "your smirk" are to things Raphael is famous for. :)
Smile-I'mTheEndOfAllThatYouSee chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
This is a really good one-shot. Nice job!
Caleigho Meer chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
Bueatifully written and rarely realistic death fic. It's gut-wrenching, but wonderful. I thought the title was from the Smith's song. The fact that this seems to be a kid's lullaby is even sadder. Good job
Prophetella.livejournal dA chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
I think this is so sad and heartbreaking. It is a good story and I do have to wonder where you found the children's song. It's creepy and right on target for the fic.

*heebies*
Suit of Storms chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Wow... I'm almost at a loss for words right now, this was AMAZING! I loved it, you really captured the emotion of the situation.

I love Leo singing that song to Mikey. In the show we have seen him doing various voice imitations, I think he would have a nice voice as well :)
Michael J Angelo chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
...Dang. .w.

That was really beautiful and touching. I really loved it

You're an awesome writer. X3
Willowfly chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Oh. My. God. I can't believe I never read this when you first posted. Hell, I'm MAD at myself for not reading it.

Good Christ, woman! You had me hanging on every single word. I've always pictured Leo as having a beautiful singing voice and... man, it added so much to this fic. You see so many run-of-the-mill deathfics out there, it's tragic (Yes, a pun. I'm awful, I know.) I think that was the main reason I didn't read it before. It's so rare that a writer can make something as ugly and bleak as death so beautiful.

You did it, babe. You did it ten times over.

Even better is that you didn't ignore the ugliness, the horrible truths of death and suffering in the name of a "poetic death." Death is not a poetic thing. It's terrible and visceral and horrifying. But, you made it beautiful. You made it all those wretched things, but made it poetry.

Your characterization of Leo was wonderful. God... I don't think I'm going to be able to get the picture of Leo sweeping the foam out of Mikey's mouth out of my head for a long, long time. You've left a lasting impression, that's for sure.

The lullaby was so carefully chosen and pertaining, it broke my heart. Thank you for putting meticulous effort into that :)

Broke my freakin' heart.

Other than a few minor typos/grammatical errors, absolutely wonderful.

Brava, my friend. You've grown tremendously as an author. I hope I see you writing again soon.

Much Love For Now and Always,

Ash
MelodyWinters chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
This is very sad.. :(
Winged Monkey chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
T.T So very sad. I liked the song, did you write it?
lynzyb chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
You got me welling up. Extremely touching and emotional.
Alora05 chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
Okay, so i may be trying not to cry right now... And godamminit im trying really hard.

*sniffles*

It was so beautifully done! I love the emotion laced within the words...

Brilliant.

xx
Pink Cloud Assembly chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
-Does a jig- woohoo. I love when insperation strikes poor widdle Taunikins at 3somethinginthemorning. :D It's fun.

I remember you sent me this to look over, and all I had to do was read the title before I knew what was up xD. I love how we just come up with these ideas, and they sit and rot for months before we finally touch them... Now you know how I feel, logging in at 4AM MY time to do this crap.

Even though I know both are, and even though I beta'd this, I still love it.
tFantasyFan chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Right, so I MAY be tearing up.

And I MAY be resisting the urge to slap you for such blatant tragic skill. Worry not, I resist it well.

T_T It was beautiful. (you...rock.)
KriStALKaLEi chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
It's interesting how a lot of fans think of Leo as "the singer". I've thought it myself so I liked this particular detail of the story. I'm not going to ask who's dying because I imagine you wanted everyone to come up with their own ending. The line the dying character says reminds me a little of Mikey. There's a sign of naivete in saying that nothing was in it. It could also be Raph because also sounds like he's trying to protect his brother's feelings but still...I think it's Mikey. Leo trying to console him by singing the minutes away just seems right to me. Nice job ;)
ninjalara54VirusesMondhexefan chapter 1 . 3/28/2009