Reviews for The Soldier's Return
The ghoul in pyjamas chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
Umm,m eally really good story, but chapter 1 is just a copy of eoin colfers work, just more detailled.

A couple of mistakes were made, you got Conors age wrong, and Declan and Isabella both knew he was Conor when you said they didn't. Declan would not have fought alongside him if he did not, because he would have rewmoved that threat to the queen then turned his back on his lifeless son to deal with bonvilain. But, all in all, an EPIC AS story!
Castaway5 chapter 7 . 2/24/2010
Awesome story, totally distracted me from finishing my bio report. All nighters are fun! Not. I can't wait for the last bit!
FrenchFan chapter 7 . 2/4/2010
Nice ! You've got to love Linus ! I really liked the way you wrote Conor's feeling while (or rather after) he finally told his story. It's a shame we don't get to know exactly what the others are thinking... I mean we have what Conor thinks they are thinking (pity) but not what they really are...

I don't know if it makes any sense...

I think I simply asking you to continue the story 'cause i like it

But I guess I'll try to convince you after the epilogue.

I'm glad my reviews kept you smiling, you deserve it (after all your story keeps ME smiling, there are so few of them about this book).

ForeverBlonde chapter 7 . 2/4/2010
so you did decide on this ending after all i'm glad as i think this goes well :) well done :D
reading-rider chapter 7 . 2/3/2010
No need to thank me - I thank you for good story you've provided! Wow! - this chapter was very well done... I liked seeing Connor's anger. You made it very real.

I sure hope the epilogue heals some of these wounds. I think stinky old Bonvilan has hurt this family enough!

Thanks for another fun chapter - well done!
ForeverBlonde chapter 6 . 1/25/2010
this is really gd well done :)
reading-rider chapter 6 . 1/24/2010
I liked this chapter - can't wait until the truth comes out! As for being unbelievable - Airman is a pretty unlikely tale; the author (I LOVE Eoin Colfer) makes it an enjoyable and engrossing tale despite that. I like the conflict you've placed in Connor. I always felt it would be tough for him to become Connor Brokhart again. Congratulations on your longest chapter, too!
cupcakes chapter 5 . 1/23/2010
I almost forgot about this fic. Hehe.

It's a little... stiff, so to speak. No major errors or anything so far. Hopefully the jailmates will come visit. I like those kinds of surprises.

Uh... yeah.

-cupcakes )
FrenchFan chapter 5 . 1/17/2010
Nice ! I love the way you described Isabella's fear which muted into exhilaration. I also like the fact that you wrote about Connor's psychology, the fact that his time in prison changed him is very important and you did not forget about it.

And the best thing is that you did all that and still managed to keep the characters in character (well at least that's the way I feel).

Crystal Legacy chapter 5 . 1/17/2010
Cool chapter,can't wait for the next one!BTW we had four days off school over here in were meant to have more but the minister of education changed his mind and sent us back to school!we weren't happy.:p
ariacle chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
Well, were I liv it doesn't snow unless its in the mountains, so I can't say I've ever experienced a snow day, but I'm sure it would be great if I did...

Oh well, THat's Australia for you.

reading-rider chapter 4 . 1/16/2010
It's great to see you posting again! I'm enjoying your story and can't wait to see where you take it and Connor's parents ever find out about his time in prison. Thanks for the fun!
FrenchFan chapter 4 . 1/14/2010
Well, since you updated the story thanks to them I can only love snow days right ?

Seriously it's a really nice story. I'll keep on waiting for updates.

As for the snow... I do like it (who doesn't) but when the road are closed because of it it sure makes life harder. We had three days of snow here in the South of France and I'm afraid we won't get much more... Three snowy days is quite a lot around here.

Anyway... Just keep on writing whenever you feel like it 'cause I'll keep on reading.

Crystal legacy chapter 3 . 12/6/2009
Cool story so far! PS i am irish and i live in ireland but have never been to the saltee islands:-Pplanning a visit though!
lissakw chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Good, writing, but a lot of discrepancies - many things you mention contradict the book.
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »