Reviews for The Soldier's Return
ForeverBlonde chapter 7 . 2/4/2010
so you did decide on this ending after all i'm glad as i think this goes well :) well done :D
reading-rider chapter 7 . 2/3/2010
No need to thank me - I thank you for good story you've provided! Wow! - this chapter was very well done... I liked seeing Connor's anger. You made it very real.

I sure hope the epilogue heals some of these wounds. I think stinky old Bonvilan has hurt this family enough!

Thanks for another fun chapter - well done!
ForeverBlonde chapter 6 . 1/25/2010
this is really gd well done :)
reading-rider chapter 6 . 1/24/2010
I liked this chapter - can't wait until the truth comes out! As for being unbelievable - Airman is a pretty unlikely tale; the author (I LOVE Eoin Colfer) makes it an enjoyable and engrossing tale despite that. I like the conflict you've placed in Connor. I always felt it would be tough for him to become Connor Brokhart again. Congratulations on your longest chapter, too!
cupcakes chapter 5 . 1/23/2010
I almost forgot about this fic. Hehe.

It's a little... stiff, so to speak. No major errors or anything so far. Hopefully the jailmates will come visit. I like those kinds of surprises.

Uh... yeah.

-cupcakes )
FrenchFan chapter 5 . 1/17/2010
Nice ! I love the way you described Isabella's fear which muted into exhilaration. I also like the fact that you wrote about Connor's psychology, the fact that his time in prison changed him is very important and you did not forget about it.

And the best thing is that you did all that and still managed to keep the characters in character (well at least that's the way I feel).

Merci

FrenchFan
Crystal Legacy chapter 5 . 1/17/2010
Cool chapter,can't wait for the next one!BTW we had four days off school over here in were meant to have more but the minister of education changed his mind and sent us back to school!we weren't happy.:p
ariacle chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
Well, were I liv it doesn't snow unless its in the mountains, so I can't say I've ever experienced a snow day, but I'm sure it would be great if I did...

Oh well, THat's Australia for you.

Ari
reading-rider chapter 4 . 1/16/2010
It's great to see you posting again! I'm enjoying your story and can't wait to see where you take it and Connor's parents ever find out about his time in prison. Thanks for the fun!
FrenchFan chapter 4 . 1/14/2010
Well, since you updated the story thanks to them I can only love snow days right ?

Seriously it's a really nice story. I'll keep on waiting for updates.

As for the snow... I do like it (who doesn't) but when the road are closed because of it it sure makes life harder. We had three days of snow here in the South of France and I'm afraid we won't get much more... Three snowy days is quite a lot around here.

Anyway... Just keep on writing whenever you feel like it 'cause I'll keep on reading.

FrenchFan
Crystal legacy chapter 3 . 12/6/2009
Cool story so far! PS i am irish and i live in ireland but have never been to the saltee islands:-Pplanning a visit though!
lissakw chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
Good, writing, but a lot of discrepancies - many things you mention contradict the book.
bibliophile1 chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
neat. good ideas. some story contradictions, which is normally a minus for me, but you di warn me first and it really doesn't matter in the end. your version better fits the story you want to tell, so im fine with that. really, I have no criticisms, aside from a surprisingly (and pleasantly) low number of grammar mistakes.
Anazarel chapter 3 . 10/3/2009
pleae, continue it! the story is great!
reading-rider chapter 3 . 8/27/2009
This really is a nice story that fills in a gap in the orginal story very nicely. The only bit of constructive criticism I'd like to offer is that I find authhor's notes in the middle of the text to be very distracting. I think they're better left until the end.

Your words draw a vivid picture for your readers to be absorbed into. Abrubtly running into an author's note jerks me out of the moment you've created. (Similar to a cell phone going off during a quiet moment in a movie.) You might want to try placing them at the end and see if that works better for you.

Thanks for sharing your story with us!
56 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »