Reviews for The Soldier's Return
bibliophile1 chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
neat. good ideas. some story contradictions, which is normally a minus for me, but you di warn me first and it really doesn't matter in the end. your version better fits the story you want to tell, so im fine with that. really, I have no criticisms, aside from a surprisingly (and pleasantly) low number of grammar mistakes.
Anazarel chapter 3 . 10/3/2009
pleae, continue it! the story is great!
reading-rider chapter 3 . 8/27/2009
This really is a nice story that fills in a gap in the orginal story very nicely. The only bit of constructive criticism I'd like to offer is that I find authhor's notes in the middle of the text to be very distracting. I think they're better left until the end.

Your words draw a vivid picture for your readers to be absorbed into. Abrubtly running into an author's note jerks me out of the moment you've created. (Similar to a cell phone going off during a quiet moment in a movie.) You might want to try placing them at the end and see if that works better for you.

Thanks for sharing your story with us!
TsumetaiYuuki chapter 2 . 8/23/2009
Nice! I loved Airman, and the Artemis Fowl series, also by Eoin Colfer. I didn't even know that there was an Airman fanfiction section. I think your story is very detailed, and I've always wondered what happened afterwards and the Broekharts and Isabella's reactions to the news. Please update as soon as you can, this is a nice start! )

CorgiFromSpace chapter 2 . 8/14/2009
After just finishing the book for a fifth time, I decided to see if there was any fanfic on it. Obviously, there is.

This is really good, and I hope you continue it soon. Really soon.

Cynical-Romantic.x chapter 2 . 7/14/2009
That was a good story, but... I don't know, I didn't think it has a satisfying ending yet. I want the family to know the truth- and I don't think they would be taken in by his version of the story. Maybe Isabella would see through it?

Good writing style though.
guess stalkers chapter 2 . 7/13/2009
Awness! I like it a lot!
vampishelf chapter 2 . 6/14/2009
reallylike this story_ so is he going to tell his parents and issabella that he was a salt- bc they could help rid the island of the torturous prison- ireaally like it- update soon
Broken hearted chapter 2 . 6/2/2009
More? Please more! I want Connor's family to find out the truth. Very good, good stlye. Can we please have more!
Leann chapter 2 . 5/28/2009
I adore this book! Keep up the good work, your interpretation of the ending is so sweet!
reading-rider chapter 2 . 5/20/2009
This was very nicely done! A few typo's but really nice dialog and good characters. It was a satisfying chapter to read and good fun for fans of the story. Please continue!
Castaway5 chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
You changed a lot, but I often imagined a more dramatic ending. Well, what are you waiting for, update!
reading-rider chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
I think it's fantastic! I can't wait to see what else you do with this. I just finished reading Airman a few weeks ago and loved it, but I've also been thinking about what conversations Conor might have had with his parents. How much would he tell them about Little Saltee? Would his father and he share their versions of the firework-laden baloons? How would the family begin to heal? Thanks for setting out to fill in the gaps!
Daze Rivers chapter 1 . 3/28/2009