Reviews for The Sound and the Fury
ifnotfornatasha chapter 1 . 5/17/2020
i realize you've last posted on here like, literally a decade ago but—i can't help but tell you this: this writing is some of the best i've read. you are the writer i want to be; you are perfect with how your motion and description intersect and mingle, how i can picture vividly the scene and the mood and the emotion and the photograph of each sentence. your metaphors make me want to cry. they're so good.
you've absolutely got jess and his reactions, his thoughts and the organization, compartmentation and pace of his head. i believe you wholly. moments that stuck with me—jess and the phone call to rory, the discomfort with lorelai, his insecurity with his place in the world and with others and his guilt over supposedly taking rory out of the world she is meant to be in because she goes to him, the bit about running his fingers through her hair and dragging her down with him, the photo album with luke, "she was supposed to take care of me."
i loved this so much. not on ffn anymore, but found you through a fic rec on tumblr and then i kept reading. this is just... honestly, so good. you nailed every piece of this that i can think to compliment you on. no complaints here. not even a typo. holy shit. kudos to this and to wherever you are now.
AJ Granger chapter 1 . 10/27/2017
I like it. Sad, but sweet that she came for him. So much in this story with the scenes with Jess remembering, the stuff between Luke and Jess, Jess and Lorelai, and even Rory and Jess. You write the characters well, especially Jess.
S.H. Briggs chapter 1 . 4/18/2017
michaychay chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
this was beautiful and heart breaking. it was simply wonderful.
LizzieBen chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
It made me cry!
She'snotthere chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
Beautiful. So well-crafted and so emotive. Lump-in-throat. Your work is unfailingly amazing. Thank you. Give us more, but, most importantly, tell us when your book of short stories/novel/prose-poems is being published...it will be, right?
MissGoalie75 chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
for someone who has just gotten back into writing...geez! that's all i can say, really. this is very very good. i read one of your stories a while ago and never thought to actually check your profile to see if you wrote anymore stories...i'm so glad i did now! you're a great writer _
aleighd chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
damn. intense, but i liked it. great to have you back :)
deletingthissoon chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
So, I definitely have to say that I love the title you used, and I love Gilmore Girls: am obsessed with it, I know a lot about it, have all seven seasons on DVD-the works, basically, haha.

I love this story, so far. It kinda feels like how Jess might have written when he was at that age, you know?
boredliteratireader chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
YOU ARE BACK! THANK U!

Amazing.

Rory coming back..loved it.

Looking forward to more from you.
bdevils76 chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
I tried to wait a few days to review in an effort to do your story justice, but decided that was impossible. You have a beautiful, inimitable style that makes me wish I could read story after story of yours. You write 'heartbreaking' so well, what with the flashback to his parent/teacher conference and the time Liz verbalized her regret in having him. At the same time, both the dialogue and his encounters with Rory were spot-on as far as an accurate characterization of Jess. Really happy to see something new from you, and hope we don't have to wait too long for more. You're one of the most talented fic writers I've ever read.
Marisa chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
As always with your work, I'm at a loss for words.

Such an amazing portrait of Jess. You hit all the subtleties perfectly - "It’s while he’s turning on the machine that she comes up to him and touches him. She cups his elbow and rubs his arm." Just beautiful.

I'm so happy that you finally updated again! Please don't make us wait much longer for the next one!
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Nice. Catch ya on the flip side.
Curley-Q chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Nice Job!
WaltzMatildah chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Wow.

Your Jess is the Jess they should have run with on the show. He has so much more depth and human complication than they ever gave him credit for. This, this is exactly why I love fan fiction so much. It totally justifies all my (waster?) hours reading and writing.

Brilliant.