Reviews for The Long St Crispin's Day
Funky In Fishnet chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Such an awesome origin story. It's so packed with details and feels completely vivid and authentic. Thank you so much for sharing it and long may you continue to write about the Men from UNCLE!
Uncle Charlie chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Loved the tennis game action in this story. I was afriad the bouncing back and forth would jar the flow - silly girl. should know there was nothing to worry about. Enjoyed the balance between the boys and appreciated the attention to details - as always
Lothithil chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Marvelous story! A delightful read from start to flourish!

You write dialogue for Solo and Kuryakin very well. *applause*
Niece of the Prophet Zarquon chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
It is so great to have a story that seems to be dedicated to UNCLE. To dangerous men trying to make the world a slightly better place. The origens of UNCLE are always so mysterious the only hint I came across was a remark by Waverly in the brillient novel 'The Dagger Affair' that he had been involved since the founding.

I really enjoyed your psychological assessment of Napoleon.
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
A complex, carefully and well constructed story, nicely balanced between the birth of UNCLE - and in particular, the type of men who gave it birth - and those who continue its mission despite the costs.

As always, your command of detail is impressive and your characterization spot on.

It was intriguing to see Napolean faced with a woman he couldn't charm into getting what he wants. I found it interesting that he directed his anger at Dr. Crane (and was that a Cheers/Frasier reference?) rather than the person who ordered the assessment: Waverly. She couldn't possibly understand why he does what he does, but Waverly can, supposedly does, and ordered the assessment anyway.

As for NobelPrize's review, I'd suggest that if NobelPrize doesn't like the Illya depictions, then NobelPrize should put finger to keyboard and try writing it himself/herself. No disrespect, but don't expect other writers to produce your personal interpretation of a character. If you can't find what you like, then it's up to do to create it.
mbracha chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
I'd read this a while ago as the first in the series you posted on another site. I admire your imagination and ability to construct a plausible world and history that explains the existence of U.N.C.L.E. and Napoleon's and Illya's place in it. Their psychology as depicted in this story feels very real and moving. I like how you have Illya able to evade the psychologist's questions with deliberate obfuscation while appearing to answer them, while Napoleon has to resort to attempts to physically avoid her, and when he doesn't, to nastiness. The question of how to prove oneself sane enough to do something only an insane person would want to do is worth exploring, and you do it well.

Favorite line: "I can't imagine why, for if the research you cited earlier is correct, I should think the answer would be obvious."
NobelPrize chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
Well, I actually dared hope I was going to get a little decent Illya at last, but I remain, as ever here, disappointed and a little bored.