Reviews for The Good Brother
thebeautifulbicky chapter 1 . 3/1
Bromance. 3
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
This is such an adorable story!
I have been looking for other Narnia fics to read to my children, since finishing Arcacia's The Guardian. She has awakened an appetite for things Narnian and they are keen for more. I read into the West myself on her recommendation (which I LOVED btw... I did review it didn't I?), but I wanted to check out some of your short stories, as we have a whole lot of other novels that are on our "To Read" list.
This is perfect for them!
Livi (7 y old pet lover) is going to be in raptures about the kittens, and Moana (4 y old) will understand perfectly about the bed sharing parts. Keren (9), will relate well to the trials of a sick bed as she is prone to severe illnesses, and Jerusha (11 & hyperactive and also an animal lover), will understand perfectly about Peter's impatience to get up. She is also a brilliant cook now, but has
I enjoyed the little bit of Lone Island history you inserted. I LOVE history and it was kind of frustrating when we read the Dawn Treader that there was not more info on how some of the islands came to be that way. CS Lewis didn't go into as much detail in his Narnian History as Tolkien did, but I am glad that some of you have rounded out some of those details for us. ;)
...You haven't written anything about the Island where dreams come true, have you?
theEveningStars chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
The last line is soooo sweet I love this little story.
Rose Unspindle chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Summed up *d'aw* hee hee, espcially the kittens.

Anyway, if Peter wants to Knight someone so bad, why doesn't he knight Philip?
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Awwww, very sweet story! D
Kamakaze Kheri chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Anything that accompanies Into The West is a personal favourite, I think. That story was just so intriguing, and I'm glad to see that you've written a bit more with that particular story line in mind.

The bond between Peter and Edmund is so... interesting. I love reading different writer's interpretations of it because they're all quite different, but somehow the same. Your stories are always so good because you manage to keep everyone in character, which is a must.

Excellent work :)
HyDrOmAtIc chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
With "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" released last Friday, I've been in Narnia mode lately, which mean rereading every single one of your stores (and hoping to God that there will be more!). Right now, my friend and I are studying for finals and watching "Prince Caspain" with the audio comentary. On the castle invasion scene (one of the may things NOT in the book, ugh!), Anna Popplewell comments on Edmund trying to get the flashlight back and saying to Peter "I'm a little busy right now". She says somethng along the lines of "It's interesting here, when Peter asks Edmund to handle it. You see the Peter needs Edmund to be there for him, and that without Edmund, he's nothing." I thought immediately of your stories, especially this one. Which is brillant, as all your stories are :D
lovesFanFic chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
1. Awwwwww.

2. Can't wait to see Peter back on his feet. Poor kid!

3. Thanks for the shout-out to Susan and Lucy on running the kingdom.
DrEaM-BuT-DoNt-FoRgEt-To-LiVe chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
wow! i've been meaning to read your stories for a while :D when i first found your page though, there were just so many stories that i had to do eeny-meeny-miney-mo :P

i loved this one-shot! I'm so sick of 'high king peter is this magnificent, invincible, unbreakable robot'- by giving him pneumonia (which he's more susceptible to for some reason), just makes him so much more human, and shows that he's not any better than his siblings just because he's high king.

I loved your characterisations too- how peter gets worried about the kittens catching something from him; lucy's failed attempts at cooking; susan's worry because she remembers how ill peter's been before, and edmund's refusal that he has snoring issues :P

finaallyy, i'm a huge edmund fangirl lol, so yes, your descriptions of him just made me fall even more in love with him (which is rather sad)

well sorry for that long rambling review, and i can't wait to read more of your fics!
Peanut Butter etc chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
It was perfect, really. The characters, the dialogue, the plot, the everything. I especially enjoyed the bit with the kittens and how Mrs. Tibs checked Peter. Also, I'd like to give special praise for the last lines. They were darling and perfect :).

~P.B
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
This was as excellent as the rest!" x
WolvesRule612 chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
I liked it very much. The "first-hand" experience of pnemonia from Peter was very well interpreted. It takes a lot to put yourself in anothers shoes, and you did it very well. You should take up acting. 93 out of 100
Allspark chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
*flails* How adorable! I especially loved the ending! 5 stars!
Destiny JoRayne Adams chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Amazing. Another one of yours to go on my faves list. Thanks for sharing!

As Always,

Desi
Amira Tair chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
I liked this a lot! You described convincing and realistically the experience of being sick - I smiled at the long sleepless nights, it's so very true when you are sick. And as always I loved the interaction between the four siblings and the tiny bits that are so important to give consistency to your Narnian universe in itself - the reappearance of the kittens is lovely, they are so cute!- and related to the books - the story Edmund and its mention to king Gale. I also enjoy your use of archaic vocabulary and was happy to see the word 'sennight', which I learnt from your stories and is my favourite.

I am very happy to see a new story from you.