Reviews for Of Kings and HappilyNeverAfters
krystalmaze chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Was so sad, and beautiful.
phai13 chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
that letter almost made me cry! it was amazingly written, and believable. very emotional :)
cmr chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
I love it! Thank you for a great read... only wish it had been longer. ;p
toobeauty chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
It just sounded as Hephaestion's last words, memories coming to him from their happy moments spent together and also the not so happy ones. It is also true that Phai was his in life and death as Alexander was his, too. History should research more about this amazing and proud general. thanks for sharing.
evave chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
It actually sounds like something somebody from that time would write.

I know that sounds elliptical, but the voice seems "true" to me.

I guess Alexander didn't take Hephaistion's advise re Glaucias eh (IF the doctor he was referring to WAS Glaucias, it could have been somebody else, I'm sure they had a platoon of doctors).

That scene in the movie got me to, Alexander's obliviousness when he walked up the stairs, people running out of the room in terror past him, looking at him, scared to death.

He seemed to "above it all" at that moment.

I bought Pressfield's book Virtues of War this weekend, and, as always, I read the epilogue first (I am a "find out who done it" kind of gal) and the narrator goes to the end himself and said "after Hephaistion died, he was never the same again" and IT was never the same again.

This just sounds real to me.