Reviews for The Legend of Zelda: Legacy of the Sages
The Pilot chapter 15 . 1/28/2012
*scene of the Missileboat rocketing down from the clouds, before a blinding flash is seen behind the fighter, followed by a gigantic fireball rising up to space* Okay! well, now that the now-homeless wind mage has been dealt with for a while, I can finally review this chapter-Ack!*flinches in surprise as Darin suddenly appears directly in front of him inside the cockpit* How the heck did you get in here?

Darin: Well, Kerian's busy right now, so I thought I'd teleport in and get a closer look at this unbelievable ship! *looks around excitedly* Speaking of that, how'd you get away from Vaati in the last review?

TP: *raises an eyebrow* Are you SURE you want to know?

Darin: *bobbing up and down with eagerness* Absolutely!

TP: Okay,*pulls out a datapad with a holo in it and shows it to Darin* here you go; But don't say I didn't warn you.

Darin: *Looks at the datapad, eyes suddenly widening as the realization of what he's looking at dawns on him, before he turns as green as Link's tunic* Ohhhhh, I'm gonna lose my lunch!*gags and starts to retch as TP swiftly pulls out a bag, holding it under the suddenly-ill fairy*

TP: Not on the Alderaanian Leather! I just got this ship detailed!*Waits patiently until Darin is finished, before opening the hatch and tossing the now-offensive bag outside* But anyhow, that's what happens to a magical villain when hit by multiple corpse-fist barrages (think Leichenfaust 44 blast from Wolfenstein 2009, only starfighter-sized). For what it's worth, I'm sorry it was so gruesome.

Darin: *groans, before settling down on the passenger seat behind TP, totally unable to speak for once as the ship continues its leisurely sky cruise*

Well now, I thought I'd throw that little skit in here for a laugh or two; something I like doing with my reviews from time to time. Hope you don't mind? Now, to the real business:

Aww, what a sweet (and embarrassing for Link) way to start the chapter! I was trying real hard not to crack up as I read it. I have to say I'm really enjoying how things continue to progress. And wow, now Link has Zelda as a possible romance interest as well! Boy, this raises some new ideas. I don't know if you ever read "Eternal Ark" by Fierce Deity (re-posted by Fierce Oni), where Link was in love with both Zelda, and an OC Gerudo named Fura, but I see similar possibilities in future chapters, if you decided to consider it. Btw, very nice twists on how Link made it past the guards, and Zelda's bodygard being a Gerudo.

And yes, you have me wondering just who that cloaked figure is, and how he fits into things...*gives a flyby salute in the Missileboat*
The Pilot chapter 14 . 1/27/2012
Have to make this one a short review, 'cause I'm dead on my feet.

This chapter was quite the gem, in that we had some dynamic action scenes, with some tender moments woven in, and topped off with a tragic end for one of the characters...chapter content doesn't get much better than that amount of variety, especially when it flows together in harmony, if you follow me? I'd say my fav. moment was Link and Rose spending time together towards the end.

Oh yes, and we have the entrance of the Wind Whelp, a.k.a. Gust Geek, Cloud Clown, Dewpoint Dipstick-OH $h!T!*Wrenches the Missileboat's control-stick to one side while engaging the SLAM Overdrive, sending the fighter into a gut-ripping evasive maneuver, barely avoiding a sudden blast of magic from a certain psychotic wind mage* Uh, this may take a while, so I'll sign off for now. Looking forward to reading the next one! *turns back to the controls as he hauls the fighter around, before launching a barrage of missiles and corpse-fist cannon blasts at the now-wet-pant-clad Wind Mage*
TwilightWakerofTime chapter 114 . 1/23/2012
...I've just lost a bit of faith in you.

Why? No, not because of the chapter (it was awesome). But because of what you said in your author's note. More specifically, because of what you said about Skyward Sword.

I sincerely hope that I misunderstood you there, because otherwise it is an insult to me and over half the rest of the Zelda fandom who think that Skyward Sword is one of the (if not THE) best game of all time. For now I'm going to assume that you were simply speaking hypothetically (like you were with Ocarina of Time), but otherwise... gods, I just don't even know what to say. I'd thought that most fans had gotten over that ridiculous notion that it was for kids after they saw more of it, but apparently not. (It's completely stupid that you'd mention preschoolers anyway, considering it's rated E10. Ghirahim would have scared the heck out of me in preschool. He's still is creepy, in fact. Best villain ever. Only Zant would have beat him... If Zant hadn't been completely thrown away at the end of TP for Ganondorf.) I highly suggest putting away that pole and trying out the game. After the whole romantic intro, it's epic. ...I mean, I even like the intro, but that's just me and my ZeLink love. You being MaLink, you might not like it...

I could go on, but I guess I won't. I'm sorry for my ranting. That comment just infuriated me. I've seen plenty of trolls who agree with you... but that's because they're TROLLS! That, or ignorant fools who only bash it because they know it's better than whatever they're obssessed with. I never thought I'd see full Zelda fan say that. Sure, I'd understand if you played the whole thing and simply didn't like it, but you haven't even given it a chance, if I'm underetanding correctly. My motto is that there's NO such thing as a bad Zelda game (excluding the CD-i, spin-offs, etc.). I don't even completely like Twilight Princess too much, but that didn't stop me from playing it over and over and over, spending hours getting those last poes and bugs and beating the three heart challenge.

...And that's also not going to stop me from enjoying this story. I noticed that you seem to have gotten a few of negative reviews lately. Please don't listen to them. Last time I reviewed your story (if you even remember that, haha) I was new to this site. I mean... you were the first story I ever reviewed. However, I've become rather involved in the Zelda fandom as of late, and I would like to think that I know what a good story is like. This is one. Even if it wasn't, anyone who puts this amount of effort into a story just because they FEEL like it really deserves some credit. I personally enjoyed the last few chapters. I thought they were very dramatic and suspenseful, and I've never minded violence too much, even if it might seem excessive to others. I adore Wolf Link (though I think him turning into a werewolf would be cool, too). Oh, and Midna! She really did make TP into everything that it is. She's the reason I replay the game. The reason it's awesome. I'm really looking forward to another chapter.

Just... don't bash Skyward Sword. I've gotten into arguments with the Skyrim fanboys. I don't need my fellow fans turning on me. O_o I'm still kind of hoping that you're going to respond and say that you were just joking. Or I misunderstood. Or maybe even say that you have a legitimate reason for disliking it, such as the controls (even if that's the best part) or the plot (which starts off slow, but ends amazingly – like, the opposite of Twilight Princess XD) or the backtracking (which I admit, could be annoying, but there's was always something new so I personally didn't mind). I could live with that... not complaints about the graphics, or whatever makes it look like it's for "preschool".

And again, sorry about this. I'm veeerrrry defensive about SS, haha. Forgive me if I sound rude. ;)
The Pilot chapter 13 . 1/22/2012
Heh heh, yeah I know, I have over a hundred chapters to read, but hey, I'm a speed reader when the need arises (not to mention this ship can make point five past lightspeed with just a small fraction of engine power), so I figure I'll be caught up in no time flat.

*grins as he turns back to cruising slowly above the night-time Hyrulean landscape, when the horrific scream from the chapter rings out from below* Okaaaaaaaaay, now THAT got my attention! *Rolls and loops the Missileboat sharply while flipping a few switches and yanking back on the throttle, deploying the ground sensors as the ship glides to a stop, nose pointing towards the ground* Now, let's see...just what could've caused someone to belt out something so loud that I could hear it all the way up he-...*catches sight of Sorceror #2 on the screen*...Ummm, hmmmmmmm...yeah, I think THAT would do it all right...seriously, that is one creepy piece of ugly down there! Now, of the seven sorcerers, which is he? I'm going to guess that he has something to do with the undead, shadows, or demonic areas of villainy?

Also, I like where things are going with Karen being brought in as possible competition to Rose. And definitely, Rose is jealous of Karen, which I do believe will cause a problem or two. On to the next chapter!
No is sorry chapter 114 . 1/22/2012
It's me, the anonymous dude. Although, anyone could say they're No. I'm sorry if I sounded rude, but it is called a review.

But yes, I'm sorry if I exploded a nerve or whatever. I won't be making an account. I'll probably still read this, just not review. XP

I absolutely hated TP. The battles and bosses sucked. That might be why I'm so negative. SS is way better in my honest opinion.

Anyway, I miss Darin. BRING HIM BACK!

Again, sorry...
Species Unknown chapter 54 . 1/22/2012
Early link
YaOfMa chapter 114 . 1/21/2012
Hello Kerian, I am back. :V

The last few Chapters had been very disappointing for me, with this bloody war theme and all... but that last bit really caught my attention again. :D

But hold on, do you mean that you will discontinue the story here and post it on DA instead or what? I dont get that part...

Anyway, keep up the nice work, and dont forget.

P.S: Skyward Sword isnt that bad... But considering your likening for TP and bloody, gore themes I guess I wouldnt make much difference...
Species Unknown chapter 21 . 1/21/2012
Two words. Sex Object
Species Unknown chapter 15 . 1/21/2012
It is mister windy
Mr. Martin chapter 114 . 1/21/2012
LOL at Sharp, I had a feeling that's where that scene was heading.

First Labrynna, now Holodrum? What are you going starting a Zelda World War?
The Pilot chapter 12 . 1/20/2012
*A shimmering portal suddenly appears in the sky over Hyrule, before the Missileboat erupts from it with an ear-shattering *BOOM*, slowing to a leisurely cruise across the land*

Hey, there! Long time no Review, no? Got caught up in a roller-coaster ride of real life - you know how that goes, right? And I was sitting here, debating on whether or not to start my Auditing homework, when the thought came to me that I haven't read or reviewed LOTS in eons. So, I hopped in the old starfighter, and here I am, once again.*grin*

Well now, let's see what Chapter 12 has to offer...*pauses to read through the chapter, before continuing*...well, quite an offering, I must say! We have tragedy, intrigue, suspense, foreshadowing, possible romance, even *gasp* Mido admitting he was a jerk to OOT Link *pauses to look and see if the sky is falling*, all packaged into this bountiful chapter. Nice touch on the Star Wars reference with Darin, and the subsequent explaination of how it happened. Looking forward to reading more in the near future, now that life has *somewhat* calmed down.
ThunderClouds7 chapter 114 . 1/20/2012
i like that you put twilight princess in! it's my favorite game! don't pay attention to what your readers say. i've got some nasty reviews (i actually kind of had to cuss the guy out cause he didn't listen when i asked politely) and it made me just want to keep writing and make the story even more awesome! your story is great so you should just do whatever the heck you want with it!
Infinity-darkmage-Zarfeeeer chapter 114 . 1/20/2012
very well done sir, i like. ( sharp huh ? is his brother named flat?)
Robert Siegfried chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
aside from the fact that this is the longest Zelda fanfiction in the world, which is awesome in its own right (yes, i did research this fact). This story is freaking loaded, even if it is 3 times longer than the entire lord of the rings trilogy, it does manage to stay very interesting throughout and i would be lying if i said i didn't enjoy it. (well, i only read the first half so far, and decided to finally write a review for it). I think that the reason this masterpiece you have created here doesn't have as many reviews right now, is because the excessive length is scaring off potential readers. i mean, lets face it, the story is three times longer than lord of the rings and i hardly had the patience for LoTR, which is an undeniable classic. people don't have as much patience for fanfiction as they do for a real story due to the fact that about 9/10 of the fanfiction you'll ever read is terrible and written by people who have no talent, so the minute someone starts reading a fanfic regardless of its quality they immediately assume it won't be up to par with the original and will begin skimming it for storyline. hope this review helps you out.

-Robert Siegfried
No chapter 113 . 1/10/2012
Seriously? I came, looking for an original Zelda story, then I saw this. I read the whole thing. It was cool, Link is on a new adventure. I liked it when there was Ocarina of Time things in it, then stuff from Twilight Princess came, and I was all "Oh hey, TP stuff. Neat." Then, stuff from OoA/S came, I was like "Oh. Huh." Now he's a freaking WOLF? I came here to read "Legacy of the Sages", not "Twilight Princess". Goodness, it was bad enough when Link started doing things that TP Link does, like rescuing Colin.

Oh lemme guess, Midna's gonna join Link, and then it's gonna be TP all over again.

Sheesh. This story has gone downhill.

_