Reviews for Rewind
subterra59 chapter 1 . 6/23
This is good, keep it up
Toa Solaric chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
This is interesting twist.
Brytte Mystere chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
Loved it.
I NEEDmore Gigamesh/Rin fanfics, like, soon.
And they being Servant/Master... Awesome, indeed!
Neathra chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
Bravo! Well Done!
Hakazu chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Good one, perhaps you should write more about this?
PML7 chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Very nice little moments. They would make good stories too. Thank you for sharing.
ArmorOfGeddon chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Interesting snippets though I would contest certain points:

Snippet 1: Gilgamesh would kill Rin for presuming to order him to make tea. He is that arrogant, and, as an Archer, he has enough Independent Action to allow him literally days to seek a new Master so he needn't fear the consequences. At best, he would congratulate her for having enough guts to amuse him, but warn her that the next time she insulted him like that her life would be forfeit. That and he probably has the best damn tea in the whole world in his Gate of Babylon (he has the best wine, so why not the best tea). It sounds hilarious on paper (and would make a great crack fic), but in reality Gilgamesh is the worst Servant she could summon in terms of personality compatibility.

Also, if Gilgamesh was killed in the 4th War then he wouldn't remember being summoned by Tokiomi. Only Saber can remember previous Grail Wars due to her special circumstances (she is technically still alive due to her legend stating that King Arthur merely slumbers until Britain needs its greatest king again). All other Servants are merely copies of the original legendary spirits, which remain in the Throne of Heroes while said copies are summoned to participate in the Grail War. A new copy is summoned every time, so even if the same Servant was summoned two wars in a row he/she wouldn't remember anything.

Snippet 4: The three major families in the Grail War (Makiri/Matou, Einzbern, and Tohsaka) only get one Master each barring unusual circumstances (in the visual novel, in the Heaven's Feel route, Zouken, Sakura and Shinji's grandfather, summons his own Assassin, but only because Caster already cheated/glitched the system by summoning Sasaki, and even then he had to kill Sasaki and use his corpse as the catalyst).

Sakura is a Matou by adoption (and because the Crest Worms inside her altered her DNA), but that is enough to qualify her as the representative of the Matou (just as being married to Irisviel, Illya's mom, made Kiritsugu an eligible representative for the Einzbern). If she was chosen then Shinji can't be a Master.

Also, while I can't confirm this, I have heard that the "No Siblings" Rule is due in part to two twin sisters cheating in a previous Grail War. They summoned the same Servant at the same time, but because the twins were similar enough in blood to confuse the Grail, they each got a seperate aspect of said hero (whether that meant they each got the same hero, but from different time periods in his/her life, or, if they each got the same hero, but in different classes, is unknown).

Finally, Sasaki can't be summoned as an Assassin unless you duplicate the exact circumstances under which Caster summoned him. He doesn't actually qualify as an Assassin and was only summoned as such because Caster glitched the system since she was a Servant summoning her own Servant. "All Assassins must be members of the Hassan Clan, because actual individual asassins aren't supposed to be famous and legendary, but the word 'assassin' comes from their very name" is one of the rules of the Holy Grail War. The only known exception (besides the Fate/Extra games) is Assassin/Jack the Ripper from the new Fate/Apocrypha novel, and only because the magus who summoned her was trying to cheat by summoning a non-Hassan Assassin from the very start.
Anon chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Awesome story, wish you'd continue some of these.
Androgynous-Heron chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
absolution stunning can you write more of this what if situations please i love it so much especcialy the assasin and gligamesh scenarios
Marching Madly Onward chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Nifty little story you've got here

Each one is tantalizing in its own way-Rin paired with Gilgamesh and Sakura with Assassin are especially interesting due to their unique personalities. Rin and Gil would mix about as well as oil and water, not to mention all the baggage there. Sakura and Assassin could form a truly remarkable sort of symbiotic relationship, with Sakura giving Assassin a reason to be proactive and Assassin helping Sakura stand up for herself. The other snippets are entertaining, too, but those really take the cake.

You have a flair for inventive ideas and a strong grasp of language. I didn't notice any grammatical gaffs or syntax errors, which crop up surprisingly often on this site. My only real critique is that these ideas feel like too much to pass up as one-offs.
Broken Kilter Express chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
What intrigues me about this is that it is labeled as humor, but that it carries an undertone that to me was far more serious, channeling the meanderings of many theories and condensing them into one firm idea. You definitely know the series better than I, as I only passed through watching it once. When I get around to it, I'll get into your other work, specifically the Nanoha catalog. I just had to start where I was familiar.
ColinatorGX chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Pretty interesting what if scenarios. Now you got me wondering.
Seseorang chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
this story is cool! I want to know what will happen next.. I'd like RinAssassin pairing too _ lease make the next chapter
Aldalena chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Ooh, lovely fic! :D I love all five scenarios, but I must say my favorites are the second and fourth ones. The second is so sweet, and I love the detail... and as for the fourth, I just know that if I was Sakura, I'd be blushing and stuttering, too... x3

Heh, and... I guess not all Archer-class Servants can make delicious tea, huh?' '
Haruki Karayuki D chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
It's really good fanfic. Anyway, i think if that scenarios really happen, it will be awsome! But i think you should continue this story... I really like this story...