Reviews for Bound
Rosiline chapter 36 . 10/20/2009
really great story!
Sannnaf chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
I have a bad feeling about Anwen...I hope she isn't a Mary-Sue. Guess I'll keep reading.
ArgentRoseSableWolf chapter 36 . 10/3/2009
Just wanted to drop a review after finishing the story. I usually avoid Marauder-Era stories, because it's not where my interests in HP fanfiction lie. I'm glad I made an exception here, because I very much enjoyed this story.

Your characters were excellent. The interrelations were textured, layered, and beautifully woven into the whole story. The plot is consistently interesting, and rarely suffers from any lag. The original types and uses of magic are well thought out and fit into the whole very well.

Now, the criticism. :)

There were only two problems that I saw with the story overall. First, Anwen is just a bit too perfect. She's very powerful, very intelligent, always understanding, and almost always right. On the very few occasions she's in the wrong, Sirius is equally wrong, which diminishes her culpability. Any one of these is OK, but put together it starts to push her into Mary-Sue territory.

Secondly, the conflict between Voldemort and the Order was almost non-existent. There is no sign that the Order is actually doing anything, and the fights we see just show the characters trying to escape, not to injure or even capture their opponents. Again, it comes off as a bit unreal. With the Order being attacked they way it was, there should have been some sign that they were prepared to meet force with force. This is one of the problems I have with canon as well, Rowlings attitude that the 'good guys' can't be proactive.

All in all, it was an excellent read. I will probably not read the sequel, but that's simply because you've indicated a Harry/Ginny pairing, and I can't read those after the debacles that were Half-Baked Plot and Dully Horrific. Of the three main females in his life (Hermione, Ginny, and Luna), the obsessed fangirl is the least likely partner in my opinion.

Good luck in your future work, you're a great writer.

Wolf
Panda Blitz chapter 36 . 9/30/2009
I couldn't put my laptop done until I finished it! I love it! Really emotional story! and really well written!
CHRISTINA H chapter 31 . 9/4/2009
I like it. 50/30 and the end was sentemental. I compleetly forgot about the wood spoon thing, until the last two paragraphs.
CHRISTINA H chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
...

Hey Mutt, I really really really love your story! It is so beautiful! It is just as good as the one on livejournal! I know you said we would never find the other two copies of it. . . Anyways still great, You rock, hope your september is awsome.

Review Starts here: It is good, very good. 20 out of a posible 5
Matt chapter 36 . 8/3/2009
A great job with this. Your character has some dangerously Mary-Sue-ish tendencies but she never fuly walks across this line. All of your characters and the events in which they are placed fit nicely and there is a generally appropriate amount of angst (though ch26-27 almost got over the line). I will read the follow-on story but will freely admit to strong opposition to the H/G ship due to JKR's horrid work on the G part of things. So, if you don't get any reviews from me on that...you'll know why.

Thanks for a great read.
Matt chapter 4 . 8/2/2009
I'm just catching up with this cycle and really like what I've seen so far. it isn't ... fully canon but you've handled your characterizations of the major players very well and this OC is very believable. I look forward to continuing to read this fic and thank you for the effort that you've put in on it.

Matt
Mythal Rising chapter 36 . 7/28/2009
I really Really like this. I think you made it really original, and I also love the sequel (I'll reveiw that in a second.) Everything is really well written, and it draws the reader in. Good job!
O-25 chapter 27 . 7/10/2009
*looks at the broken TV* Well... err... Sorry?
O-25 chapter 26 . 7/10/2009
RAH! *throws a 46" tv at the author* HOW DARE YOU? *rants about sirius and how he dosn't deserve this*
O-25 chapter 16 . 7/10/2009
Oh christ... I really need to put a shotgun slug through Sirus's brothers... and or set him on fire.
mekareami chapter 36 . 6/25/2009
I have enjoyed your story and thank you for writing. The wedding was a bit drawn out for my tastes and felt kind of like twilight in the descriptions but you clearly had put alot of thought into what you wanted to convey. I hope you continue in the genre and thank you for writing :)
Origina1ity chapter 35 . 6/19/2009
Amazing! I love Sirius. Love reading stories where he lived. And this is one of the best that i have read.
jayhawkbabe chapter 36 . 6/19/2009
Oh my gosh, I can't believe that this story is over. I can't wait to read the next story you are working on. I loved this story and will have to reread it, it was just that good! You have such a great writing talent and I will be waiting anxiously for your new story. Thank you again for this wonderful story and good luck with the new one! Have a wonderful weekend!
108 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »