Reviews for Birds of a Feather
abc-deleted-abc chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Good plot! (I've read the whole story on SIYE, but decided to review in fanfiction for some reason...)

I want to see where you go with this situation. Hope you update soon...
Comet Moon chapter 6 . 10/17/2009
Nice

Seems Ginny's growing years should be interesting.

I have the feeling they won't meet till the Goblet.

Wonder what would happen if Ginny's name came out of it and was Fleur's rival?

Could happen if she was the archtech of defeating both Voldy's attempt to steal the stone (Which shouldn't have changed with the plot alteration). as well as defeating the diary (Again, Lucy wanted to hurt Arthur). Then he could have the idea of using her blood.

Whatcha think?

Interesting mating ritual's there. Wonder if they also apply in England. Laws and all.

Great chapter. Look forward to more

Birthday is 7 November, and hope to have my first chapter up then. Though if it will be Harry Potter )H/G of course. Is there another ship?) or Kim Possible.

Wee shall see

Have a good month

Ja ne

Jim
Musafreen chapter 6 . 10/17/2009
I like it, especially the Delacour parts. Well-written and all. Apologies about the incoherence.

Musafreen
LexLogikk chapter 6 . 10/16/2009
Aw... he's going to Beauxbatons? What about Hogwarts? How is he going to meet Ginny, Ron, and Hermione?

Hehe, I loved how Fleur got "The Talk." That was funny to read. Her mom was a lot more blunt than my mom was, though. xDD

I can't wait for the next chapter. Just don't take like five bajillion months to get a new chapter up(:
SassyFrassKerr chapter 6 . 10/16/2009
Great update! I especially loved the part with the monkeys, and how much Fleur loved them.
bethchilds34 chapter 6 . 10/16/2009
wow! luving the fic still! so how is harry going to meet ginny if she goes to hogwarts? gonna be interesting! cant wait to read more! update soon! great job! Megan
hushpuppy22 chapter 5 . 10/16/2009
I re-read the story last night after the new chapter came out and noticed that I had previously neglected to leave a review for this chapter. Sorry about that...

This is a fine chapter but much of Bill and Charlie's background seem extraneous. You spent quite a bit of time covering their time in school but to what end? If there's not a specific reason for developing them, then you might consider editing the details from the story.

I honestly feel bad for Ron having to share his birthday. That was the sole thing he had to himself and it's been taken away because hiding Ginny's identity is more important than he. I don't remember any of your stuff bashing Ron but it's the favorite pastime of fanfic writers so I need to appeal to you: please don't make Ron an ooc jerk in this story. In canon he's an overlooked kid who doesn't get the limelight, not the anti-christ. If there's Ron-bashing I'll have to stop reading and it'll break my heart.

Something that seems fishy is how the Weasleys dealt with Madeline's presence. Did they put ads in the papers? Did they contact the authorities? No on both counts. Rather they quietly "asked around" and then when they conveniently didn't hear anything, they magically changed her looks and identity. They didn't make real attempts to find her parents and are now engaging in subterfuge to hide her identity as adopted. Maybe their efforts to hide her adoption have less to do with old-school pureblood prejudices and more to do with guilt and an awareness that her real family did not abandon her in the woods. It does fit with the "desperate for a girl" couple you've constructed but I'd hope Molly and Arthur would be less selfish, especially since they already had a whopping 6 kids and no reason to think they would have a girl after *generations* of no female Weasley births.

I'd like to see someone confront the Weasleys later on regarding their actions because they need to apologize to the Delacours (no matter how good of parents the Weasleys are to Ginny).
hushpuppy22 chapter 6 . 10/16/2009
Thank you so much for the new (and wonderfully long) chapter to this story. This chapter worked to develop your theory of veela powers and how mating (or not) plays into the veela's life. Will we get Harry's version or would it be any different from Fleur's?

It's difficult to abstain from trying to fit canon Harry & Ginny and James & Lily relationships into the veela mating rules. It doesn't work very well with James because he wasn't immune to Lily's appeal. Maybe his actions disregarded any allure and were the result of him being so used to getting what he wanted in life that he didn't understand how to go about courting the girl he had such strong feelings for? Of course, Harry/Ginny could work if you could explain how Harry could ignore Ginny for 5 years. Incredible will-power? Repressed attraction? Repressed veela powers that only exhibited themselves after his growth spurt/maturation the summer he reached 16? Not that having you explain away any inconsistencies with canon would develop this story. It's just my over-active imagination running away with itself...

Thank you again for updating this story. It's interesting, well written and quite original with the switch of both Harry and Ginny's parents. I look forward, anxiously, to the next chapter of this story.
lulilafly chapter 6 . 10/16/2009
hello

I am french and I love your history but French names sound too complicated (I've never met a antoinette of my life and probably never)

names are simple example for girls: marie, mélanie, julie, stéphanie, anne, cloé, léa, lucile(my real name).

And for boys: alexandre, julien, sébastien, grégorie, lucas, pierre, quentin, ciryl

just for example if you need more names for your fic

I love the system each chapter for its harry and genny

I hope for more soon
Belladonna16 chapter 6 . 10/16/2009
Quite Enjoyable so far - I rather love the ins and outs of Fluer and Harry's sister/brother relationship (Harry makes a precociously cute little brother!)
Cat Stjerne chapter 6 . 10/16/2009
Great story! I absolutely adore Fleur and Harrys relationship. Fleur is one of my favourite characters :)

Looking forward to next chapter :P Keep up the good work :)
bethchilds34 chapter 4 . 10/15/2009
wow! great job with this! luving the story and cant wait to read more!
xfictionfanx chapter 6 . 10/15/2009
i was hoping you didn't forget about this story !

great chapter!

i can't wait to find out what happens next...

update soon please !
benperez31 chapter 6 . 10/15/2009
Thanks for making an update. I was wondering whether this story was abandoned. I'm glad you're continuing it because it's a great and well written one, just like your other stories. I can't wait for the next chapter and see how Ginny and Harry do in their first years. I also can't wait for when they first meet. Will they be a Mated pair? Will Ginny's Veela powers come up? Will they be able to see that she is part Veela? Update soon please.
Passionismywriting chapter 6 . 10/15/2009
to make it up to us I hope the nex chapter comes out very soon. I really like this story! How far apart in age is harry and fleur? can't wait till the next one. peace
521 | « Prev Page 1 .. 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 .. Last Next »