Reviews for An Apple A Day
Last Warrior 7 chapter 43 . 1/26/2012
This story is simply amazing. I was enthralled from chapter one all the way to the current chapter where I am still eagerly awaiting more. The depth of all the character, the humor, the well written action scenes, the intricate plot, it is all so great.

One thing that bothered me though is I had guessed that Fiery and Apple would fall for each other the instant that point in chapter five for so. There were many hints that Apple at least liked Fiery, and after he beat the crap out of Aden the fire gym leader, it described him standing protectively over apple. Another hint is after Apple beat Fiery in the party chapter(s) using attract, she was sad by how he didn't care to see her fight.

But then the moment I had been waiting for, Apple and Fiery are left alone in a room for over a day, I expected a part from apple's POV describing at least what was happening. but no, all that happens is one sentece describing Anita wondering what they were up to, Fiery's unusually shy attitude, and a wicked grin from apple.

If I had to guess what happed, I am guessing that she proved that she was mew either through words or she took over his mind and showed him.

I really enjoy the parts from Apple's POV, they are my absolute favorite. I really hope to see more of them in the future.

The story appears to be coming togther, I am guessing the climax is near. Liam has found out about Anita knowing something about mew, Fiery knows that She is Mew, and the un transformer was made and broken. My guess is that Jamie will turn on the Master (liam) and he will come crawling back to Anita after nearly assulting her about her and Apple. this will result in a huge battle royal in which Liam will have to choose sides, i hope he will choose Anitia. But something will go wrong in the battle and Apple will be forced to revert to her true form to save them all, even Liam, and will either be hurt or captured because of it.

This is truly a phenomenal story, I cannot wait for the next update. THis story is now my favorite out of all the stories I have read so far on fan fiction.

~Last Warrior 7
EeveeInHeat chapter 43 . 1/24/2012
I just read your whole story so far and I must say I love it, especially the parts with Griffy's tail. And there are so many plot twists it keeps my head spinning (in a good way). Keep up the good work. I'll be waiting for the nnext chapter.
Last Warrior 7 chapter 5 . 1/13/2012
{Ha, ha! Victory is mine! I am now one step closer to taking over the world! I have started by eating this Eevee's ear! Next I will eat the world, and soon I will control all! Ha, ha, ha, ha...}

That made me laugh like nothing else, it sorta reminds me of stewie the way he says vicory is mine.

The legend was a bit confusing at first, especially since the eeveelutons were chosen to guard Acceba rather than legendaries. Like I said before, GREAT chapter, this was one of my favorites so far. This story is unique and well written. I wonder if the baby eevee's will stay with her, i hope they will.
Last Warrior 7 chapter 4 . 1/13/2012
{Eww. I don't wanna get my paws dirty!}

That made me laugh, but it also serves a more important purpose. By using these conversations between her and apple, you are able to present a clear image of what apple's character is like. Right now, she seems a bit snobby and high maintenance but that will probably change as the story goes on.

"still trying to shake the mud from its coat." don't you mean her coat? minor grammar mistake

The whole part about the baby eevee and the girl is so far my favorite part about the story. I hope they do not disapear form the story, this could turn out to be cool.
Last Warrior 7 chapter 2 . 1/13/2012
Despite what you claim with the whole "wait until chapter 8 thing" This Chapter WAS Good, there is no denying it. THe names where really creative and funny. I ma glad she chose eevee, that is my favorite pokemon.
Last Warrior 7 chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
So someone is trying to capture Mew, and she gets caught in the middle of it. This is kinda cools being that a random person just saved mew but here is one problem,

was the thug just sitting there twiddling his thumbs while the girl picked up the legendary mew?
BrightMind chapter 42 . 12/26/2011
yay new chapter, it has been nearly 2 months i think, it take me a few minutes to remember all the names and important events, great prelim round,ok get to the next chap :P
ChaosAngel4us chapter 43 . 12/24/2011
Hasting's journal is so sad! Poor Mel... Maybe he'll get reunited with his dad...? All the plot development is making me excited. Didn't see Dustil breaking his leg though. Anita better come up with some pretty good lies and I also have noticed that a LOT of people hate

Mew. I'm also glad to hear you'll be updating on a more frequent basis. Good luck!
Mortimer S chapter 43 . 12/23/2011
8D I love you so much. Jamie Arkle suddenly became super awesome. I really disliked him at the beginning, even though I'm almost as power-hungry and ambitious as he is (there's not enough room for two!), but he's growing on me with his violent urges and his blunt cunning. I can't say I haven't felt like ripping pieces of people off before, so I empathize.

...Yeah. Also I liked the "Snubbull shit" comment. Good call there with the Pokemon! I'm unsatisfied though, that Liam is in any way satisfied; really, it's obvious by now that Anita is trying desperately to conceal Mew-stuff from him. xP I guess he is rather a better person than either Arkle or me though, no matter how you look at it, since he can apparently stand to be that patient. I'm curious now as to how Hastings got his DNA and studied it - is that the same thing as the twining that Rita's been doing? All of this stuff is quite cool. Also the creepy handcuffs...

The flashback was informative. :D I liked your "how-to-kill-Mew" explanation quite a bit too; it makes perfect sense. It does kind of remind me of Twilight, though thankfully in a not bad way (it's just that immortal beings often become incredibly stupid and crappy, which your rendition of Mew hasn't, of course). I totally think Hastings is a lameface now (don't worry, no fault of yours, certainly). So he gets sent to the past, meets some tribal people, knocks up their witch, and then expects not to have his life screwed over? Go Ahigetric! XD Mel is adorable though, even if he is an annoyance.

I'm confused though. If they killed Mew and it blew up, wouldn't there be some kind of horrible explosion? All the people were there though, and didn't appear to be dead... Eh, whatever.

Alright, you're right; if Anita can somehow magically sense such information as frequency and amplitude (given this is Pokemon, anything goes, as said), it is possible to calculate the exact areas of cancellation on paper and at least approximately enough in one's head. Even a human calculator (that is, those crazy children who do Number Sense in Texas) would have some trouble doing that mathematically, though, in that time frame. It's good that you mentioned Liam's visualization skills - that's really the only way to manage it in such a situation. Yay super Liam!

Eck. I still don't get Styx. The forced cleanup was funny, though. Unfortunately, I'm hating Dustin more now, and Styx's strange almost-all-knowing-ness isn't making it better. XD Of course, she's made blunders already. I'm kind of curious as to whether it's just Gym Leader political dynamics or something else weird.

Also, I read your summary again. Who's the psychotic killer? I feel like I'm missing something here. ;-; Besides that, on a completely unrelated and somewhat creepy note, I see you enjoy mathematics. :D Me too! I forever regret not becoming a human calculator just like those nutcase Number Sense kids. I could still do it now, but it feels like too much work. It would probably help me if I had less sucky arithmetic though. Okay, so since I'm not even talking about your story anymore, Morty out, I guess!~ Awesome chapter.
obsessed-beyond-reason2001 chapter 43 . 12/23/2011
-Sighs- Great, Jamie is back in the picture. That will be frustrating for Liam, I'm sure. Also, I like the little back story with Mel. It's quite enjoyable. The part where Liam and Anita go on their 'date' (thanks, Apple, for reading my mind!) was funny, and suspenseful too of course. This was a lovely thing to cheer me up after I got sick yesterday! I hate being sick...
Mortimer S chapter 42 . 12/16/2011
Your story was so incredibly awesome that, against my better judgment, I stayed up quite late last night trying to get to its current spot in one go. *-* That failed, but I thought about it all day in class. You've created quite a well woven plot, in any case. I do enjoy the Pokemon fics that deviate from the game storylines, since those tend to have very stock characterization and themes. While you still have the traveling trainers and researchers, your plot arc is much more intriguing and unpredictable.

I have to say, my favorite thing about this story was how impossible it was to decide whether Liam was the Master or not until you finally revealed it outright. You're quite the crafty writer. :D At first, it seemed obvious that he was, but then the scenes grew more ambiguous, and while the presence of the flashbacks and Liam's own expressed uncertainties were huge hints, I still ended up harboring that niggling doubt... Perhaps it is because I once read a book that managed to fool me so well into thinking that two people were one and the same that I missed every blatant bit of evidence thrown at me showing that they weren't, and was like this at the end: O_O

Hmm. It did seem rather strange to me that Jamie Arkle was captured, after all his craftiness. He's certainly a bit too arrogant for his own good, but he is intelligent and vicious enough that I would think that could've been avoided. Then again, it provides an opportunity for selling out Liam, since he discovered the Master's identity. Anyway, I am very glad that you've managed to keep Arkle from becoming a caricature; it still stands out to me, many chapters later, that he is 'not a fan of needless murder,' or something along those lines, which emphasizes his humanity, if it is a utilitarian one. Crazy killers exist, but it's almost illogical to have such a deliberate, ambitious person with one coveted goal as Arkle be a for-fun murderer at the same time, and I feel like many stories simply lump everything into 'evil' and call it a day without considering such things, so I'm pleased you've not done so with any of your characters.

I do enjoy your characterization of Liam as a complex person; you've managed to portray him very well as a child his age, despite the excessive maturity and the genius. I do wonder though, addressing this most recent chapter, if it's actually possible to calculate wave interference without actual measurements. How could Anita measure the frequency of the emissions or the angles? Even without the angles I suppose even I could map out an approximate area, but the respective frequencies do matter; although, given that this is the Pokemon universe, I'm not sure why I'm even bothering with such logistics. xD It was pretty cool; that's all I need to know.

Ahh, and now my favorite thing about your writing in general. So many people write horribly in first person and in many POVs, creating a web of confusion and too-introspective or observant characters. You've done exceptionally well in writing a smooth story that both conveys the necessary details and doesn't go overboard with sensory information, since normal people really don't notice much outside of their immediate surroundings. I try to avoid reading first person stories, but even your less-than-stellar first chapters were intriguing and well written enough to draw me in. You certainly have a gift for relatable storytelling - perhaps also known as a lack of Mary-Sues. When I first encountered the 'gifted Anita' bit, I was prepared for something like that, but I was pleasantly surprised with the realistic amount of difficulty applied to that, and with the thankfully not overpowered Mew-Eevee that Apple is. :D

Well, back to the plot. I'm amazed at how everything is tying itself together without being too contrived; that seems to be the most difficult part of story-making, past the writing process itself. I can see the Mew plot and the Celebi plot and the Melvin plot and the Team Glop'emm plot all moving towards some endpoint. Speaking of Team Glop'emm, how ever did you come up with the name? XD Considering you made it an actual acronym, it's almost ludicrously awesome. All of your names are, actually; for your characters, you some how make them distinct and memorable without being abnormal, and for your places they are quite reminiscent of the existing Pokemon universe and seem to fit right in. I did like the small cameo of the Unova Pokemon as well that you put in, as well as the fact that Acceber didn't contain any new Pokemon but stuck with the good old humongous hoard of them that we already have. And of course, I love Eevees...:P

Ach... this is getting long, so I guess I shall shut up shortly. I wish you also a good finals week! I'm certainly having fun (not) studying for mine. I'm very intrigued by the plot progression, and Styx is creeping me out a little, but I'll wait patiently and see.
ChaosAngel4us chapter 42 . 12/15/2011
Yay! Action! I knew there was a reason I disliked Celebi... I guess Mews have been causing problems for thousands of years as well. Meh, I laughed at the mental image you gave us of an unconscious Liam :) Can't wait to see how he will respond to Anita now. Also, I wish Erin would be more undertanding.
obsessed-beyond-reason2001 chapter 42 . 12/15/2011
Wow, awesome chapter. Still wondering what's going to happen with Liam, though. This story keeps me on the edge of my seat!
BrightMind chapter 41 . 10/27/2011
really enjoy the story,the first few chapter was pretty boring,however as i read i think your story just getting better and better! I love how the story was hard to predict, it is really boring to read story with all the good guy battle with all-so-evil,that's really old. Anyway it took me 2 weeks to read all the story so far, i'm really looking forward to the next update
ChaosAngel4us chapter 41 . 10/16/2011
Poor Liam. Nothing seems to be going well for him recenty, has it? Glad you updated :) I've looking forward to this chapter. Once Anita was told Erin couldn't be her partner, I had a feeling she'd end up stuck with Liam. Hm... What did Styx's slightly cryptic message mean? Can't wait to see how this all ends.
304 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »