Reviews for Intoxicating Eyes
rebmul8 chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
id like to see this continued its really good
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Hey there!

[he also did it to watch Satan City's beloved daughter] I like this idea. It's sweet, but not overly so.

[He knew Videl. Hugging wasn't exactly her thing.] This is... I have a sudden burst of respect for you as an author for including that in the 'fic. Even though Gohan /wants/ to hug her, he knows better. Very nice and perfectly in character.

Even though I don't love Hercule Satan, I have to say that I have a certain level of respect for the man. It's pretty clear (at least in the anime) that he drinks... Well, a lot. But I don't think he would intentionally hurt his daughter. I think he is selfish- evident during the tournament when he wouldn't go to his daughter when she really did need him- but I don't think it's something that he does on purpose. His image is one he's had to keep together not only for his sake, but for hers, too.

The saddest part about this story is that she still doesn't know the rest of the truth- that her father isn't really the world champion.

Anyway, I have wondered about Videl's mother. Maybe she wasn't any better than Hercule. Maybe she was worse. It's hard to say since Videl hardly mentions her. But maybe Videl wasn't close to her at all.

Anyway, this was an interesting take on things. An enjoyable read. Poor Videl- I think her situation is pretty sad in canon already.

Take care!

Cheers,

-Manna
Itachi's aprentice chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Great work.

It irritates me when people portray Mr. Satan that way. I thought I'd take a different outlook on that and instead say that it was Videl's mother that screwed up. :P

Am actually witting a story and is also Videl mother that screwed.

Hopefully it will be done in two weeks if I don't get lazy.
PhoenixRe chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
A nice GohanxVidel oneshot. I agree with you that Satan is generally a good guy, a little goofy and easy for his brains to take flight, but a good guy. Though I never really thought about his wife. This is the first time I read something with about her (except the one with Baba and Gohan's wish but that was awesome)
micheal chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
nice VidelXGohan story
agreywriter15 chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
This is so cute!
illegiblewriter chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
An excellent fic, well-written, simple and sweet. I agree, I actually kinda like Mr. Satan, and I thought that you put a unique spin on why he wouldn't be together with Videl's mother anymore. The dab of romance was just right, not too much considering the serious circumstances. All in all, very well done, I loved it!

illegiblewriter
LinkOOT chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Nice title. It goes with the story really well and I do agree with you about Mr Satan in some cases. It all comes down to how the author portrays the situation. Like your scenario works were as other's Ive read don't work quite as well.
swk3000 chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
I have to agree with you that Mr. Saten isn't all bad. Personally, I've never seen the actual episodes dealing with the Cell Games, though I have a general idea of what happened. As far as I know, there is no explanation for how Mr. Satan manages to convince the world that he was the one who beat Cell, especially since there seems to have been a camera crew there. My personal theory is that he convinced (or even bribed) the camera crew to say that he beat Cell. I think that this was done, partly as a thank-you for them saving his life, but probably mostly because Gohan had just lost his father. Grief is hard enough without having to deal with the prying public, after all.

Of course, I have no idea of any of this is true, and I don't feel like watching episodes or reading manga to find out, but the idea appeals to me.
Feball3001 chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
I liked your story, it was well writen. I liked how Videl's mother was still alive with two kids.
Demonkid chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
hmm, pretty good. Yes, Hercules has shown to be incredible compassionate and even logical given some precarious situations that he has gotten himself into but he is also an arrogant, deceitful idiot.

But that is his character, the good balanced by the bad.

Not a fan of Hercule myself but I don't exactly hate the guy, hate a lot of his choices he made but he was a beacon of light no matter how he got it... he did good with it. Well when it was truly needed.

Videl's mom, I have never heard anything about her in the canon DBZ. I have read a great deal of stories where she is portrayed as perfect and others where she is a strict overbearing perfectionist and some where she is just like you mentioned in this story.

Matter of perception.

In all honesty, I think Videl's mom is either dead or left them as Videl said even since mom left... her dad had been like this.

I don't know what it means by left but in my opinion I am thinking its death since I doubt Videl would handle that type of betrayal or not show it.
Silver Warrior chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
an interesting little story. poor Videl. I sorta agree on her dad, though as long as its well-writen I can go either way.

btw, are you EVER gonna update Cursed? I actually reread it just last Saturday. I'm anxiously waiting to see new chapters.