Reviews for How to Disappear
jenilee chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
I never thought about it 'til now but yeah, Castiel does a great Colombo. LOLOL

At the time I had decided that the whole point of this episode was to show just how much the boys have traded places. I seem to remember the boys having this discussion about saving people, hunting things in the first season but Dean being the one trying to convince Sam that he was meant to be a hunter. Of course looking back now I can see where they were separating the boys even then but at the time I was like hmm what about Sam? That’s why we have you though, to fill in the gaps and make it make sense. Great story.
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
This seemed to me to be really telling: "wishing for light to finally arrive and wondering if it ever would".

“Well, I don’t know if they meant it or not, but I think you were there to help me figure it out. Everything they put us through, man, it means we’re in this together. Hell or high water.” I really want to believe that. I'm glad Dean does. Now if Sam would just believe it too...

This was really sad, but good. I'm excited for your non-angsty fic. ;)
graceofgod chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Oh, that right there is the perfect ending. Dean so pissed off with Zacariah - but not quite daring to clock him. Sensible boy! - Sam pissed off with the angels, almost a little bit with Dean, it feels like, for not being the strong big brother anymore.

Great hun, as always! Loved the last line - so ominous, so resonant with the episode - great!

And I promise - I will finish reviewing Dark, Yet Lovely soon - things have been ten kinds of crazy lately, and I wanted to do it justice!
Avaleen chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
That was so good! You definately got Sam's character down, hope to see more.
Visionairy chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Wow, that was amazing! I think you really nailed Sam's feelings at this point. It was so true to the characters, I felt that I was watching the last scene (that should have been there).

Strangely, one of my favorite lines was, "He clenched his jaw, glaring at Castiel, who only had height on him by virtue of three stairs." I thought that was great imagery. As for the emotion, I loved all of it. "Dean hadn’t rejected the life at all, just him. That was the only thing pertaining to him, here."

And that was an amazing ending! I loved how you expressed Sam's thoughts at the end, "Castiel had said his role was pivotal. He didn’t know what that meant, but something in him told him Castiel thought Sam wasn’t meant to stand at Dean’s right shoulder. He caught his reflection in the side view mirror. He looked faded, like he was disappearing, and all he could think was that there, that’s not me." Excellent!
lelann37 chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
sam angsts better than anyone I know. great fic, thanks for sharing
Rat chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
I got the same feeling for that ep, what about Sam? He's kind of been dragged along for a lot of the ride this season, doing his own thing in the back ground. I think he is going to explode soon.