Reviews for Aftershock
Satir3 chapter 12 . 12/10/2009
Oh my God! I feel so horrible for Vera. She's been through hell and beyond. I'm guessing that if she's not fatally hurt, she's going to complete the ten little indians poem herself by hanging herself. I am glad that Evelyn has more of a role in this story as Vera's savor. Poor Vera seems to have gone completely insane... and I don't blame her. I just hope that Lombard get's his just desserts, because honestly, I'm on her side and I think that he did rape her. And tricking her into thinking that he raped her a second time is just low. Oh, this is getting great!
Satir3 chapter 11 . 12/10/2009
In this chapter, I felt so horrible for Vera. I was so embarrassed for her. I'm so glad Evelyn stepped into the picture and stopped Lombard's vicious act. Not much else to say besides it was a very moving chapter and very well written. Probably the most suspenseful chapter in the whole damn story! I'm continuing on...
Satir3 chapter 10 . 12/10/2009
Oh, so wait... did he or did he NOT rape her? Because it seems like he's going for it at this point. Ugh, Vera... she fell for the trap. Hell, I fell for the trap. I was shocked to see Lombard in Warren's place lol. It made my mouth drop open. I feel bad for Vera, but I'm not too sure as to what to think about the situation. I am on the edge of my seat, wondering which one of the two is innocent and which one of the two is guilty. And it's obvious that now, Philip is going to be convicted of a new rape crime. This is going great so far! I am continuing on!
Satir3 chapter 9 . 12/10/2009
First off, great chapter. Secondly, I enjoy the way that you tie your stories together. Don't think I didn't remember that Warren was from No One Mourns The Wicked: Vera Claythorne. I like how now he is going to be in this story. Will that cause some further romance/drama? I don't know what Vera is going to do. Third, I really hope she keeps the baby, because the baby has done nothing to anyone and aborting it would be the second most horrible thing she did wrong. Doesn't she feel bad for what she did before? Vera, you are being a complete brat. Just... keep the damn baby!
Satir3 chapter 8 . 12/10/2009
Oh wow. I wonder what Lombard is going to do, considering he thought of an idea in the snap of a finger. I am liking this story so far. It doesn't fail to keep me entertained and in a way, it reminds me of a Law and Order episode from the early 1900's lol. Anyway, I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back on track with this story, but here I am, reading away )
Star the Foxhound chapter 33 . 7/13/2009
OMG, I enjoyed reading that even though I wish that Lombard hadn't died. But the way you wrote it was very good. I enjoyed the part with the tril too. You are a very skilled writer.
Star the Foxhound chapter 27 . 7/3/2009
That certainly interupts the trail, but I like it. This chapter was well done and I'm looking forward to reading more about the trial. :D
Star the Foxhound chapter 26 . 7/3/2009
I liked this chapter, especcially the way that Lombard got to hear Vera's true feelings and how he didn't react in a negative way. I'm looking forward to reading more.
Satir3 chapter 7 . 6/23/2009
My only question is how could Lombard use the pregnancy against her in court? Anyway, I am going to be bluntly honest. Usually, drama stories make me tired and sleepy (but drama films don't). This story is a drama story... and shockingly I am still awake and at the edge of my seat. You are the only person who could write drama and keep me awake to finish it because it is so interesting and amazing. I loved how Lombard was almost stalking Vera and her sister lol. I hope Vera doesn't get an abortion! I am totally against it and that is probably the only reasoning why I hope that she doesn't get one lol. Anyway, I will continue later. Right now, I have to go brush my teeth and shower. )
Satir3 chapter 6 . 6/23/2009
I loved this chapter mainly because it confirmed by suspicions. I knew that she was pregnant. It only made sense and now, it adds more mystery to the case since it means that Lombard did indeed rape her. I feel so sad for Vera but at the same time, I think she needs companionship that her mother and sister can't really give to her. I am loving this fanfic so far. No, I have definitely not given up on this either. I'm just really really busy with life and my own fanfictions. Anyway, I will continue on :)
Satir3 chapter 5 . 6/23/2009
Even though I thought that this chapter was very good, it wasn't as good as the other chapters I've read so far. But it did open my eyes to something. I think that Vera and Lombard might, dare I say it, get back together. I also think that Vera might be pregenant. If she is, then I wonder what will happen to the baby! I feel bad for Lombard but at the same time, I am not too sure if he really raped Vera (you are doing an amazing job with the mystery so far, Jane Poirot!) I will continue onward.
Satir3 chapter 4 . 6/4/2009
This chapter had a sort of "homely" type feel to it. I liked how Vera's family was by her side. And you're completely right. I'm unsure as to whether it was Vera or Lombard who was telling the truth (which if you're basing it on the Russian version, then I think Vera's is correct, but I'm not too sure because I didn't fully watch it :(

Anyway, I like how you have Evelyn in this story hehe. Anyway, I'll try reading more tomorrow. I'm tired (not from the story, don't worry ).
Satir3 chapter 3 . 6/4/2009
I liked this chapter. This is a very dramatic story, but I love your dramatic stories! What ever happened to the NOMTW series? I kinda fell in love with that series and you took it away from me :'(

Anyway, this scene was a pretty good one. I liked the flashback, showing how the judge lived (YIKES) and Vera immediately accusing Lombard of the crime he committed. I, honestly, hate Vera because of her own crime and I hope that Lombard wins, although he's committed two crimes. Wow for Lombard's mother haha. Isn't she the woman you wrote about in NOMTW? Did they ever mention her name in the original novel? Oh well hehe. Anyway, I'm continuing on!
Christie Fan chapter 20 . 5/31/2009
Although the plot you came up with is interesting and original, I'm not a fan of letting the last two victims live, and then examining what happens to them. (I personally think they both deserved what they got- Lombard showed no remorse, and Vera was just plain evil: even if her crime was one "for love", it was still a crime.)

The Verdict: Well-written, but an unnecessary alternate ending.
Satir3 chapter 2 . 5/7/2009
Aww, this chapter was very disturbing, yet sad and emotional. I love your style of writing. It's very dark. Poor Vera. I thought that the flashbacks were done perfectly and the effect from the memories getting at her were very depressing and painfully sad to read. I loved this chapter so far. I can't wait to read more!