Reviews for One Harry Potter, Please
Kokoa Kirkland chapter 5 . 3/31
I really liked the story. Was funny!
purple potter head chapter 5 . 3/29
This was golden, I loved it!
I absolutely loved this! The way you portrayed both Harry and Draco was spot in for me. A confused Draco is simply adorable :) The way the story is told is really believable, I can actually see this happening. Thank you!
ewimonde93 chapter 5 . 1/23
I'm literally near to cry. Why should it be the end ? I mean...wow. That is incredibly...wonderful ? Magic ? I can't find the perfect word. Your story is so intense, from the beginning to the end. I'm so out of words. That so Harry and Draco all along, and this is at the same thing terrifying (because I couldn't tell how they could find a way out) and so beautiful (because the tense was there, at every moment). Oh gosh, I'm like so out of my own body. Really, I'm in trance.

I need to talk about the sexual scenes. MERLIN'S BEARD. How did you do that ? That was in the same time descripted in thr details, hot and not embarrassing at all. I just wish I was one of them, enjoying. Well, I'm not a boy, but I was by reading. That, is quite disturbing. But I wasn't myself as reading. I was Harry or Draco, depending the PoV. Scared. Stressfull. In love. And feelings, in fact. Really.

Another thing that I really appreciate is your writing style. I enjoyed every line, no kidding. Your vocabulary is so various. That is not a low category of writing or English. It's quite difficult to explain, but for the first time, I completely forgot that I wasn't reading in my mother langage. I was really in the story...but conscient that it was English. Like...aaaargh I don't have words but I think it's important. I read in English sometimes, but I can't forget that, because I concentrate on the story to understand it. Here, even if I checked some words, the barrier of the language just dispared. Yeah, that's exactly that. Here happenned what it happened some day with movies and series: I've started to really enjoy above the language and...through the language. I took pleasure with the story and with the language and the peotry beneath it. Does it make sense?

Well. I would probably talk for hours about what I love about this fiction. In fact, there is nothing I didn't like. I didn't even frown. Probably I will think about it later and tell myself 'I should've tell that!". But here I will end my review and simply, as I can't do better, I want to thank you. That was a big pleasure. I keep your author name in my "to discover more" list.

See you,
ewimonde93
SiriyBlack chapter 5 . 1/23
I actually want to know how many times that desk made it through before perishing a splintery death.
ewimonde93 chapter 3 . 1/23
Merlin's beard, I just HATE you. I wanna cry. It's almost five p.m. and I can't just stop reading. Just. Never. Felt. Something. Like. That. With. English writings.

My heart is beating so fast and my breathing is...you know, lower and quicker.

Just stop doing that !

Oh Merlin's beard, I know I will click on "next" and read chapter 4... I can't help with that. You're evil, you know that ?
ewimonde93 chapter 1 . 1/22
Oh Merlin's beard...why starting to read when I know I can't read too much tonight ? Pity myself.

Your chapter is absolutely brillant. I need to confess : that's the first English fanfiction with which one I feel so much (most of time, I read in French).

Well, where to start ?

I think writing Draco's minds is could quite get a risk; all mystery of the character is in danger. But you did it so well (is it meaning something what I'm telling? Ahah I'm not so sure.) I felt the lonely of Draco, and I felt bad for him. I recognise him no-getting-his-own-balls. I recognise him in trying-not-showing-his-feelings-and-emotions. I felt tension when he went to the office by scaring Hogan would trying to seduce Harry. Something was so tense...Merlin, I like that. And I was so sad when Harry didn't come for dinner. I didn't understand him, I was like "why are you saying you would if you don't?".

'Till you made his PoV. And so, I felt bad as ever. My throat was squeezed. I felt all the pain of Harry. I've seen Draco with his eyes. That wasn't as Draco, not-having-his-balls...that was much worst. All the I'm-keeping-my-mask Draco's behaviour was seen as hatred. That's hurting. By the way, I was near to cry, and that was close when you mentioned Dumbledore; just at this moment, my mp3's played the song of Dumbledore's death.

And then, Draco came with the paper clip. Love that idea ! By the way, it was that makes me read your fiction. A friend read it - a French translation, but I prefer read the original version if I can - and I found it funny. Even if your fic is more that just funny... Well, so he came. And one more, that was so tense. This time, I knew they shared feelings. But nothing happen !

Now, the only thing I want is reading the following chapters...but really, not good when I have a week full of exams. I need to rest a bit. Nevertheless, be sure I will read !

Thank you for sharing !
ewimonde93

PS : By the way, the "queer joke" was fun. Ahah Like that.
DarkangeABBY chapter 4 . 11/25/2016
wow paper clips have a new meaning to me now lol
DarkangeABBY chapter 2 . 11/24/2016
draco you sad sad little man
MissMJS chapter 5 . 10/30/2016
Oh good god, this was beautiful! I was enraptured! Enchanted! Fuckin obsessed the whole time I spent away from reading this (which was only a day mind you xD)
Brilliant writing!
nprise chapter 5 . 7/16/2016
This was wonderfully done.
motleygrrrl chapter 5 . 6/15/2016
I award this story 1000 points and the House Cup. And the Quidditch Cup. And the Triwizard trophy. And the Goblet of Fire just cos it's also a cup. And any other magical cups that have any sort of victorious connotations. This is my favorite story of yours! I do believe this is my all-time favorite Drarry ever. Hence all the magical cups now in your possession ]
iluvdm chapter 5 . 6/1/2016
Love love love looovvve it.. Great read.. Love the misunderstandings, the confused Draco love it all.. Thank u for such a great read..
Guest chapter 3 . 4/14/2016
AHHHHHH IM SO DONE
HARRY YOU ARE AN IDIOT
SO STUPID
HE LITERALLY WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU IT'S LOVE YOU PARANOID SHIT
MyCoffeeWarnedMeAboutIt chapter 4 . 3/23/2016
(Hm, somehow I’m not allowed to review twice the same chapter, so here, I’m reviewing here even if it’s meant for chapter 5)

After reading this again – too eager to see what I had missed the first time to wait more than two days –, I’m pretty sure you’re a psychology prodigy. Or at least, that psychology/emotions are really important to you as an author.

I noticed how you described every facial features, almost as if you were documenting the facts. It’s not a bad thing, on the contrary; you had to for the story to work. By writing clearly “He was disgusted”, the misunderstandings wouldn’t have worked as well for the readers (for me, at least). Because if you had said afterward “Nah, he was not disgusted, he was actually jealous”, I would have believed you, but the “trick” would have been a bit cheap in my opinion. The same way I find it cheap when an author writes “This character is very funny, *believe me*”, but never gives any proof of that by making the character SAY something hilarious. Instead, you talked about the eyes, the frowns, the lips, and it was up to us – and Harry/Draco – to try to figure it out. I really liked that, it’s a technique I appreciate even when the story doesn’t focus on misunderstandings or psychology. And it makes re-reading really great, because you interpret everything differently, since you know they don’t hate each other.

I also suspect you know a bit about psychology. I graduated in psychology myself before switching to social work, and you used a lot of jargon from those fields of study. I can’t believe I did not notice the first time – probably because I’m so used to see words like “double standards” or people using various listening-techniques all the time. It slipped my mind that “normal people” don’t talk like that on an every-day basis. Not that it matters or anything; I’m not making assumptions to be rewarded by a “Ahh, clever girl” (if I turn out to be right) :p As I said in my previous review, it’s just that I’m not only interested by the stories I read, but by their authors, the creative process, etc. (I love talking with authors about their work) Personally, it makes me happy when people deduce who I am through my stories (ex: “Ah, I can tell you’re very fond of video games/that you know a lot about cooking”), so I figured it applied to others as well.

Regardless of your field of study, you’re very talented with psychology (or very persuasive/cunning), and it reflects on your dialogs. I pointed in my previous review that your dialogs were realistic, like the one between Derek and Harry. Well. I don’t think they’re realistic anymore, that wasn’t the right word to express my amazement. From my experience, people don’t usually talk like your characters, at least not on the spot. It was too… deep? In my opinion, it’s the kind of speech and logic you can observe between a therapist and his client. Or between psychology students, haha. All your charecters used convoluted ways to make their point (like when Harry and Draco talked about Draco’s job in the last chapter) – something you have to do when you’re a therapist, otherwise the client might get defensive. So, no, I don’t think your dialogs are realistic anymore.

But I still think they were awesome, precisely because they were convoluted and deep! As I said, you can’t fake this kind of thing, like you can’t fake being funny – you are or you’re not. That means authors can forge that kind of dialogs (or analysis), not even if they work really hard and re-write the chapters. I think this is, among other good reasons, why I loved your story so much. Everything was just so… well-thought, psychology-wise. I already talked about the I’m-not-gay trope, but that’s just one example: it could have been handled way differently. And that “way differently” is “poorly” – which it wasn’t in your story. It could have been dumbed down or poorly developed, but it was not. As I previously said, I think it’s because you’re cautious about psychology, emotions, analysis. I could be wrong, tho. Maybe it was not planned ahead, maybe it just happened. But I don’t want to believe that, because that’d mean you’d have done it unknowingly, and that would simply be UNFAIR for the rest of us who have to plan everything and think and find a way to make it work :p

Same thing with Derek: I was nervous to know how you would handle that situation, because there was no way Harry was gonna end up with him, but at the same time, Derek was just so nice, it wouldn’t have been fair to break his heart like that. Well. Turns out he WASN’T that nice. And now that I re-read the story, it’s obvious. You had planned everything ahead. That’s why Draco remembered about his father and how girls would feel obligated to return the favour if he sent them gifts– that’s why it made sense when *Harry* came to the same conclusion at the end, it wasn’t out of the blue. I noticed the word “obligated” or its synonym (can’t remember the exact word) was in italic when Harry realised what Derek had in mind. It would not have worked out as brilliantly if you had not introduced that “Giving gifts make people feel like they owe you something” concept in the early chapters. I would not have bought it if you had simply decided at the end, with no foreshadowing, that Derek wasn’t a nice guy.

Speaking of which, I didn’t understand the second time I read the story why the Joneses where important. I’m a huge fan of “everything in a story should be linked together, should serve the plot” – something you did with the secret admirer thing and Malfoy’s dad, as I pointed previously. I thought “Huh, did she just write that to… write something? Why is it important, why this situation and not another one?”. It hit me when Harry mentioned this case in the last chapter. Y’know, when he used it to show Draco he did care about Muggles. Well, or at least that he’s not the person he thinks he is. OH MY GOD, I’m impressed! I really am! Again, I didn’t expect a 5-chapters-story to be so… so well-written. It’s ridiculous; like only lengthy stories were planned ahead, well-written, etc. Thanks for punching me in the face with your talent! I needed that, haha. I’ll be less stupid now.

OK, well, now I think I really said all I had to. I hesitated to write a second review, wondering how much of a sycophant I’d look like :p But since I’m not just repeating the same old compliments, I thought it’d be nice to let you know your hard work was noticed. Thanks again for such an amazing story!