Reviews for No Fortress Is So Strong
danjana chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Can I ask who gave Dumbledore the authority to override Siris' rights as their godfather to what's best for their care? Siris is also a fool, because he should NOT have let Hagrid take his responsibility to someone that has NO rights at all, and have him

put them in someone else's hands.

That's what irritated me about the canon, Dumbledore's absolute authority over Harry's life to tell him where to live, who can talk to him over the summers, to deprive him of a life in the wizarding world that he wanted him to save...that bothered the fck out of me!
daughterofpenthesiliea chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Interesting start.
Goldenfightergirl chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
it actually sounds better. hope you update soon!
Mana's Cinder chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
You better not be thinking about giving Harry to the weasel-folk. They're raise him in an annoying way. I don't want to see Harry as a soft family oriented fellow, I want to see him calculating, and smart, not evil, but gray. Maybe a bit spell-happy when his brother is involved, since his brother has to deal with a bus-load of baddies due to his 'fame' that he only has because Dumbles lied about Harry. It'd make sense for a smart Harry to want to pay his brother back in subtle ways.

This beginning was more enjoyable than your last rewrite - I didn't much like street-Harry, he seems rather... boring.

I hope you do not perform the old stereotype of making Harry's brother hate him. It's overdone.

Update soon.
HalandLeg4ever chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
I hope it isn't insulting to say that I like this chapter a lot more. It flows extremely well, I'm looking forward to the next chapter :)
xSadistxFujix chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
From what I remember of the last story this explains a lot more. It is a lot better. Love it already!
Leaping Lion chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Interesting, wonder how different this will be from the original. Looks fascinating so far though!
Selene Appia chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
(And now I have to type everything I wrote a second time. Just wonderful! Hopefully my Internet Connection won't play another trick on me).

I just discovered your fic (not re-read it or anything) and I must say it's, so far, a refreshing change of the "James and Lily loath their own son" and "Dumbledore isn't able to tell a magical scar from a non-magical one" clich├ęs. Not that I have anything against the "Harry has a brother who is thought to be the boy-who-lived and they get sorted into Slytherin and Gryffindor respectively" plotline: I actually find the concept quite appealing. It's just the OOCness that usually goes with it that is somewhat annoying.

Plus, it's well written. What to ask more? Apart from another chapter, that is.
Magic Crystal Rose chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Great job! I hope you choose to continue the story because you have a really good and original idea. Good luck with the story. I'm eagerly awaiting an update!
TheFutureEmpress chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
When i read the first cople of chapters of the original, i was kinda bored with it, it seemed little cliche. This one however is very good. I like the whole sick!-ish harry thing and your writing skills have improved greatly in such a short time. i hope you update soon. And hopefully Harry will get better and not be as depressing as last time. like i daid, update
kubas89 chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
good start :)
Ichigo Mirai chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
this is good so far... please update whenever you can...
hollyivy7 chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Great! I see the improvements already! I'm glad the chapter is longer. Are the rest the same length?
Dolosus chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
yes! a story that finally sets up a probable explanation as to why dumbledore picked the wrong child. i have never bought that dumbledore wasn't immediately able to tell which child was the one who defeated voldemort, and here you obviously agree with me. i can't wait for you to write more. i'm very excited to see where you go with this. great first chapter!
Molly Morrison chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Wow.. I opened this up to read it because I liked the original and wanted to see what you were going to change.. this is not even the same story! I think this is much better than the original, honestly. I enjoyed the original, but the way Lily and James (especially James) treated Harry always struck me as wrong for any good parents. I mean, I know we don't know that much about them, but still.. I like to think that James could grow up a little. But the story was still enjoyable and well-written other than that bit of characterization so I read and enjoyed it. This one is on a whole other level, though! Keep up the great work, I look forward to reading more!
365 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 Next »