Reviews for The Song
ziggy3 chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
THis is very beautiful, mature writing. I loved it so must now go and read Two Point's story to see where you have got the inpsiration for this. It is full of longing and nostalgia without being sentimental. I do admire that.
Raynagh chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
I just found your story. How beautiful and sad. Thank you for sharing.
twopoint chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
I thought I was subscribed to author alerts for you - apparently I was not. I have remedied this and can't believe I missed you posting this gorgeous scene. I could quote and quote, but I love this paragraph most of all:

"The wonder of elven creation, and the ache it left one with, was the gift of imbuing whatever it was created with a bit of memory and emotion. Cloaks could hide the wearer if that thought was woven into the fabric. Hair could be woven to wondrous wings, though that art was lost with the sinking of Beleriand. Paintings could hold more than mere sight would tell..."

The power to leave their essence in their creations is what draws me to the elves - I see their creations as their own particular form of memory throughout their long, long lives.

This whole piece is just gorgeous.
Lillz chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
lovely and sad. very well written

xx
Jebb chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
As ever very beautifully written, so many poweful emotions and memories over such a long time period no wonder Erestor felt drawn into the tapestry as he did, and thank goodness for good friends who could draw him back to the present and allow him time to grieve and then offer him support in the future

minnie
Oleanne chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Wonderful! The wistful longings for a home lost paired with the friends of a new time. I quite enjoyed your portrayal.