Reviews for Faith Toleration
C.C chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Wow, great story! This is way better than how the original writers handled it!
Wildstar93 chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I haven't much seen this episode a lot, but this story here sure sounds a heck of a lot better than the actual ending. I'd like to give a two thumbs up for this good story!

Keep up the great work!
grandvizier527 chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
This was something that really, really needed to be written. If only the episode had ended this way...

I know it's been years since you wrote this, and about a year or so since I knew about this story's existence, but I still felt like I had to write a review and basically thank you just for putting this out there. Due to Brian's cynical nature and author-avatariness (i.e. his sole existence as a character is just to put out Seth Mcfarlane's views on everything), my brother grew to hate Family Guy. The funny thing is, I think that maybe I'd be a huge of fan of Family Guy, or at least find it pretty hilarious, if it didn't devote either a whole cut-away gag or a whole episode to mocking my religion (yes, I'm a Christian, too). I can understand Brian being an atheist and maybe even forgive him for being a little hostile to Christianity, but does he really have to be so intolerant to other points of view? I even heard there once was an episode where Brian actually met Jesus personally and saw Him do miracles, and even though Jesus as he is portrayed in Family Guy and Jesus as He is in the Bible are completely different, you'd think Brian would at least reconsider his unbelief for a moment upon meeting him face-to-face. But I digress.

The problem with shows like Family Guy and some other comedy shows, as well as a few stand-up comedians, is that they have set a precedent in American culture regarding comedy; according to them, the funniest jokes are the ones that are offensive. That simply isn't true. Comedy is a matter of preference sometimes, but there are still things that a lot of people can agree are funny that don't offend any of them. Also, I feel that the lines of satire and writer's agenda are coinciding in shows like Family Guy and South Park (i.e. an episode will be funny, but at the same time the writers will be trying to hammer in some sort of message based on the creator's beliefs). Satire is understandable every now and then, but do you need to have a whole shows that tackles/mocks some issue, usually political, in every episode? I just don't understand why comedians can't be universal and try to appeal to everyone, rather than just make some people laugh and others cringe.

I also like how Meg called out the supposed Christians for their own hypocrisy. The Church may have its foundation in Christ, but its members are still able to commit the same sins as an atheist-and even worse, when a Christian sins they can't claim to be ignorant of the fact.

But anyway, thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing this. I really think Meg should have stayed a Christian, or at least found a good church (surely there would be at least one in Quahog!). (Biblical) Jesus, unlike pretty much every character in Family Guy, would love Meg and not care how "ugly" she is (she's not actually ugly at all, anyway!)
Ranger24 chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
very needed
Thunderstone chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
So much better than the original ending was, thank you for writing this.
Caleigho chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
a very poignant slant on a very timely topic. Good job on keeping all in character, too.
Groovy Dudette chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Awwww...I love this. Y'know...even though a lot of people have stated that Brian is OOC here, I personally don't think he is. This is just a different and more mature way he handled the issue. His opinion on the matter has not changed (and most likely never will), but he was still able to be respectful and loving. We have seen that side to him before, why not then?

I can also see him reminding Meg that is indeed a pretty girl. Not in a "I'm attracted to you" way, but as a family member/good friend. It actually brought a small lump in my throat. Meg deserves to be told that. She has her flaws, but she is one of my favorite characters (right along with Brian himself when he isn't being a complete jerk, and Stewie who is just all out entertaining). So thank you so much for writing the "should be" ending. It was very refreshing. :)
zigzagzoom94 chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
I thought the original ending of the episode was really unsatisfying, and really enjoyed reading this. It's nice to see Meg treated like a human by other characters and Brian actually talking sense.
fan-freak121 chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
It was a very wonderful story and you are right about the characters on Family Guy treating Meg horrible. Meg is just a wonderful character and that episode is the first episode where she felt loved. Sadly however; Seth is more interested in the status qou than actually changing a character's way of life for the better. If Meg was happy with the life she lived she could have lived it the way she wanted to and while I like Brian he Stewie and Meg are my three favorite characters; I personally think what Brian said to Meg was beyond cruel. Sorry about the rant there but on a less "serious" side I really enjoyed your story and hope that you make more Family Guy stories. One thing however; you misspelled Brian's name towards the end but other than that it was very well written and I really enjoyed it.
RoseGAL chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I absolutely ADORED it! I love how Brian is nice to Meg because Meg doesn't deserved to be tortured! Just brilliant!
A Writer With Mixed Interests chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Wow. Just...wow. Words cannot DESCRIBE how WONDERFUL this story was. I truly think this was better than the ending to the original episode. Meg and Brian are my two favorite FG characters, and I almost always enjoy it when they interact. Brian's exactly right, Meg is a beautiful girl, and everyone is too hard on her. Meg did the right thing, and so did Brian. Now I hate the original ending. :P
almostinsane chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Great story1 I really wish the episode ended like this. Thanks for writing this. God bless!
Speak What We Feel chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
I LOVE this piece. I really wish Brian had the common sense or at least the decency to let Meg keep her self respect. Doesn't she at least deserve that after everything she's been through? The way this show picks on her really angers me.

Honestly even if Brian hadn't done what you wrote here, if there had at least been a more experienced Christian around to properly educate Meg and argue her point, she might not have given in so easily. This whole episode is obviously the opinion of the show's creator. It's not an intelligent debate between two different points of view, like it could've been. It's just one guy saying, "I hate religion, and you should, too," without ever giving a reason why you should feel that way. This whole episode is a very narrow-minded piece of work. It wasn't funny or witty. It was just irritating.
Kimball20 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
OMG I loved your ending of "Not all dogs go to Heaven" better. I don't think Meg is ugly or anything at all. Anybody with eyes and a brain can see she looks like Lois with brown hair and glasses.