Reviews for A Perfect Fit
Mirella54 chapter 9 . 3/13/2011
I already wrote to you when I first read your story (which I printed and turned into a book with a great cover: I have it right here, in front of me, on the shelf, above my desk)I have re-read it just now: and, like I said back then, I repeat it now: this is the BEST story I have ever read. SO well written,you wrote a TRUE novel. Congratulations again,too bad you stopped...GRAZIE for the happy moments your story keeps on giving me. Mirella - Italy -
Flag chapter 9 . 1/27/2010
I don't really 'do' fanfiction anymore, and I was never heavily into Without a Trace fiction. It's been a long time since I've read anything, even in my favourite fandoms, and it's been even longer since I've bothered to review anything.

I couldn't not review this though! This was fantastic! Let me say that again- FANTASTIC! Glued me right to the screen, and I read the whole dang thing in one go- there were a few typos here and there, but the things that actually mattered were PERFECT- in character, interesting and unpredictable plot, terrific dialogue! I am SO impressed! It's hard to find interesting things in this fandom, especially now that the show has been cancelled... I had to flip through pages and pages to find this, but I am SO glad I did!

You worked amazingly well with the characters, despite their, er, lack of character development in the show. So often people don't have a real grasp of the character, and it shows- you showed that you do, and I am SO happy!

I'm sorry this isn't a very constructive review- maybe once I get my head out of the clouds I'll send you something a little better- but I just HAD to tell you how great this was and how thankful I am that I found it! THANK YOU for an evening of free entertainment!
amyblair chapter 9 . 6/10/2009
Ah, MAZ -

I'm just getting here to finish up and I think you did marvelous! You should be very, very proud of yourself - I heard so much of your charm in this and I think that always sells a story as YOURS! and you accomplished that so well.

Mercy Hospital - that's where I work! I imagined I was there!

I liked how you said Jack was relieved to have the team here, but somehow it was just an added weight. Been there, we all have and you said it beautifully.

Loved the 'they stared in and yes, they were shocked.'

I really like the tally of everything that was broken on Danny and how Martin just wanted them to stopstopstop!

I actually felt myself grimace and reach a hand up to wipe at my face when you said, 'He felt the spray as he spat out the words.'

I liked as Danny is lying there with everyone talking around him that we are hearing his thoughts.

I dug the shout out, although unnecessary. It was nice to be on the receiving end.

On a side note, I read Gaelic's first chapter of her new story. I think she plans on having it out on Friday of this week. It's a long one - I think I saw 18,0 words!

See you on the flipside!
Mirella54 chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
GREAT GREAT GREAT ! So well well written ! I can see Jack shoving Morrison against the wall . I can see the fire in his eyes and I can feel Martin's rage . But now I feel empty, because this great story is over . A sequel ? Any story like this, centered on Danny pairing with Martin ( and the team we used to know) will be so so so welcome!

Please do not stop writing ! Grazie ! Thanks for making me dream . Mirella
Zonya chapter 9 . 6/3/2009
Congrats for this story, it's great. Sad it's finished but there are always sequels to write, right? :-) Or new ones, I don't care; if Danny is the main character I'll be happy. Good work!
amyblair chapter 8 . 5/31/2009
Well, damn, I hadn't heard that they axed the show. Damn.

Love the description of the girls roused out of bed, number one priority... no time for make up

By the way, I like this kid's name is Twist. Kind of reminds me of an Oliver Twist gone bad. And it is hard to not feel bad for the kids, I like that you mentioned that. Really like the interactions between Viv and Twist. Nicely, nicely done!

My hubs has an iPhone and loves it! He would follow anyone into a dark alley to get himself another one for cheap! Really like poor Danny as he stats realizing this is not good - and I dig your line black and silent and wrong.

Really like your descript of the Danny's body when he was discovered - ├╝ber good! I thought the urgency to get Danny out was palpable - Really a great, great chapter!
SeptemberDelight chapter 8 . 5/26/2009
Great suspension, absolutely loved it!
Mirella54 chapter 8 . 5/26/2009
WOW ! I was breathless ! And after wat cancellation I need your fictions and other fictions more and more ! I DO hope writers like you ( I will join soon on fanfic ) will keep on writing, above all about Martin and Danny's friendship. What can I say about this piece ? Great ! breathless, I could see Danny's body and FEEL Martin's fear, your description made this feeling alive and so real, their sincere strong bond coming out from every word, every memories ( what I like most ). I am going to re-read it again so as to enjoy every word of it. Hoping to have some GREAT moment of Danny in hospital with Martin and his mother-on-earth Viv. Please update soon ! The first thing I do in the morning before going to work is...looking for your fic...sorry story. Thanks for making me dream. Ciao. Mirella
amyblair chapter 7 . 5/17/2009
That was a really cool chapter. I like the wave of this - starts out almost in quiet desperation and then the action just jacked everything up! There was a different air in this chapter than the others, I liked that we didn't see what was going on with Danny. We know he's in dire straights and so do his team members.

I thought your remembrances of him were lovely, still bringing him into the chapter, even though he isn't physically.

I'm looking forward to the next and I'm interested to see what will happen when they finally find him... hopefully alive.
Mirella54 chapter 7 . 5/14/2009
IT WAS ! IT WAS ! IT WAS !

Few people were and are able to describe Danny-Martin friendship like you do. The tension was great and I can feel it inside of me.

I hope you will give us a great scene between Danny and Martin when they find him...alive.

Update soon please ! I check every day ! Your faithful reader from Italy. Mirella

BRAVA !
amyblair chapter 6 . 4/24/2009
Loved the description of Morrison and his 'slick delivery'. Totally dug that Jack was thinking he was a "Pompous bastard!"

You play the tension so well. The reader can feel it - just like we are right there watching it unfold.

I even like your abbreviations like "biog". I always like it when people like KH use those things. She often will say 'the vic' instead of 'the victim'. Always a clever little placement.

I like the name Manuel Calderon. It rolls off the tongue.

I really liked how you brought up the soldier and his wife and the remembrance of 'Danny on the inside, the rest of us just waiting and hoping...' and then the too-little-too-late "I'm real sorry."

Young master Twist - LOVE it!

Adored the line 'Martin's words hung in the whirring quiet as Morrison's face blanched with barely contained fury.' Oh...

This is great! I'm looking forward to the next chapter and hoping that Danny is still hanging in there!

And I did get your review reply. Thanks!
lorcris chapter 6 . 4/23/2009
Good chapter, update soon to know what happen. I hope they find Danny soon!.
Mirella54 chapter 6 . 4/23/2009
what a masterpiece ! Martin so furious and angry. the others so united . The increasing tension...

I have to read it again because I was too eager to reach the end that I skipped the lines.

Everything is perfect and so so so well written.

Congratulations ! Brava ! Looking for next chapter !
amyblair chapter 5 . 4/17/2009
First, I had to laugh at your a/n.

It's sad to admit that you crave the reviews, isn't it? Embarrassingly, I know where you're coming from. Sigh.

Off the bat, I love the mystery in the first part of this. You write it very discreet, very cooly. I LOVED the 'Danny thought he was laughing but maybe he was just shaking.' Y-ouch.

Really liked the honest Danny has about Rafi - 'couldn't stay clean'. So many people would just make something up, but no - he goes with the truth.

I like that being without a gun would be like being undressed.

Really thought you stated the alcoholic fact very matter of fact. And I like how you say being clean was more dangerous than being a user. True!

MAZ, I'm really liking this. Looking forward to you getting back from your fortnight and continuing on...
amyblair chapter 4 . 4/17/2009
Your description of Danny in the metal "prison" with the bone sticking out "couldn't miss that." is GREAT. I felt the pain, the frustration, the weakening the desperation.

Hey! I work at Mercy Hospital!

I love the Danny/Rafi exchange. From the beginning with "When did we start doing this again" to the ruffling of the hair.

Loved the 'He was under no illusions here.'

Yep, there's no going back now.