Reviews for How Not To Be Boring
theletterv chapter 37 . 1/16/2010
I'm trying to think of what sort of review I can manage to write. The little guideline near the "submit feedback/review" button is telling me that this is a golden opportunity, so I can't exactly throw that out the window, can I? Now seizing golden opportunity.

I've been reading your story for the past few days, simply lying around, doing very little. I appreciate how long your chapters are, and how rich with content. That means very much to me. I hadn't been properly acquainted with the whole "House, M.D" world. You could say I've watched it for a few years now, but that wouldn't be doing it any justice, because I only regarded it over the screen of my laptop because it was some sort of disgruntled attempt at family bonding. Your story, however, brought me into this world with these characters as I must say very few stories have. I feel like I know them as people, now; the television show, of course, offers rich expressions of these characters but never so in-depth as yours.

Sometimes I wanted to gouge my own eyes out because I couldn't understand why they were fighting like that - why that idiotic Wilson, or that idiotic House, wouldn't just screw their heads on right and do the right thing. But this is an accomplishment on your part. You are realistic; you grasp these characters' personalities and do not attempt to change them regardless of how we are all clinging to the hope that they would act differently, or do things the way we would. I've been terrified for House's life on so many occasions that I've been having disturbed dreams for days now. You're right about anti-depressants causing vivid, disturbing dreams - hahaha.

In watching the show I always knew I could identify best with House. It's not hard when you're a disturbed, wannabe med student. It became a common courtesy for friends and family to call me "House"; I'm not sure whether it's a term of endearment or an insult anymore. You've also proven this to me on many levels. It's almost therapeutic. Through your representations of Wilson and especially House, I've uncovered a little bit of my own self. That's more than any therapist has done. (Congratulations). Coming to terms with my faults is, well, something other stories don't really do. I still can't wrap my head around how fanfiction, as it were, can be so life-altering.

Now that I've gone on for far too long, I just want to tell you that this story is incredibly important to me, and that I will be hanging on to your every word from this moment on. You are, in simple terms, an excellent writer. You can elicit emotion of all sorts with only few words; anger, sorrow, and even glee. That takes a great talent. You have woven these people - these persons, rich and real - in a very artful way. They are stubborn and unrelenting, and they make so many agitating, debilitating mistakes. Yet, they breathe through your words.

I'm going to be annoying, and tell you to hurry and write another excellent chapter.

I admire you on many levels.

Thank you.
DrowningInTheAshes chapter 37 . 1/16/2010
YES, YES, YES, YES! Ohmigod I swear I was dying a little on the inside everytime I looked at my inbox... *sniffles* and HNTBB wasn't there. BUT THE WAIT WAS COMPLETELY WORTH IT! Without a doubt.

Ohmigod, where do I begin...

First of all, it was SO beautifully long and totally k*ckass. I sat up in my bed for a good forty to fifty minutes, listening to Backstreet Boys (don't judge me), reading it in the dark with a LED flashlight and my cat when I should have been sleeping... but who cares, really? Sleep is for weenies who aren't OBSESSED with this story.

Secondly, I was NOT expecting that! Chlamydia... OHMIgod that is so awesome (Well probably not for the people who have it or have had it... :) SO AWESOME)! It wasn't Wilson's wandering pen*s... it was HOUSE'S? Who would've thunk it? Just... gah! I love it! AB FAB DARLING!

There was so much more that I loved about this chapter; I could just go on and on and on, but I won't. I'm sure you already know how spectacular I think you are. :)

So the next cahpter is a "reveal", eh? I'M SO EXCITED!

AMAZING chapter and I cannot wait until the next. I loved it; love you!

-Megan
BrindleCal chapter 37 . 1/15/2010
Still loving it. This chapter is, like, 47 pages long and we STILL don't know what they're both not saying . . . (whimper) 3
Visitkarte chapter 36 . 1/15/2010
Oh, sorry about that: I just forgot to tell you my opinion about these two chapters, besides the stalling...

I loved the dialogues, they were just fantastic! I laughed my head of over the most of them. Mental sparring of the finest. What's my excuse for not telling you that before?

Well I read the most of it before I went to bad, and enjoyed them immensely. Only the finale of the Chapter 37 remained to be read, and that caused my twisted perception. And I agree with you (and the nurses) regarding Wilson's ability to be a good friend: He sucks at it. He left House so many times to deal on his own. betrayed him so many times, misread the suicide attempt as an 'overdose', left him practically there to die after the DBS...

I'm with House, he needs to know about Wilson's true motives.
Visitkarte chapter 37 . 1/15/2010
Yes, I am frustrated how you draw tings out. Its very un-Wilson, he reveals things way faster... Especially if he wishes House to do something. So it's not only a frustrating reed, it's also OOC for Wilson. And I can't imagine any really embarrassing reason to love or like House.
call me baka again chapter 37 . 1/13/2010
Brilliant as always. I love olivia can we have more of her please i'll bake you cookies :)
C Elise chapter 37 . 1/13/2010
A very great story ! I hope it will finish well for them
PocketxFullxOfxDreams chapter 37 . 1/12/2010
Speaking of drawn out, I was thinking about this story a few days ago, and I'm pretty sure it's the longest story I've read. Ever. Which suits me just fine, as it's so excellent.

Lot of tension in this chapter, lot of drama, and yeah, nothing much was resolved *glares* oh wait, you're forgiven, the cheating issue was resolved. Would you believe me if I said I saw it coming? Because seriously, it did occur to me at some point about may have really happened there... .

Also, why do I get the terrible feeling that maybe House isn't taking his pills? It would have been easy to spit them into a glass of milk, or hide them in the pillowcase... because that's just odd. It would also explain why his symptoms aren't improving, but why is he refusing to take them...?

Also, I can't wait until Wilson's reason comes out. And also, Wilson and House REALLY need a full decent night's sleep, minus any flashbacks, panic attacks, guilt attacks, arguments, and drug dealers. ALSO, they need to have sex. I'm pretty sure Wilson's estimate of a week was off, I'm pretty sure it's been a fair bit longer than that since they've really had sex, and it would do them good, provided Wilson can shut up during the duration of it and House can put the analyzing on hold, it'd be great for them. (Yeah, 'cept I don't think those two are capable of shutting up and taking things at face value. -.-' )

Ah... these two are so dysfunctional, but 'tiz why they're amazing together.

Wonderful chapter, darn the real world for getting in the way of fan-fic writing!

Pockets
ano chapter 37 . 1/12/2010
poor house
tricia chapter 37 . 1/12/2010
OMG, what a chapter!
Passive chapter 2 . 1/7/2010
Dude, watch House M.D down low global promom on youtube RIGHT NOW. You won't believe your eyes!

by the way, can't wait for the update!
Passive chapter 36 . 1/5/2010
You're gonna update this, right? Because if you don't, then I might just commit suicide.
Heidinanookie chapter 33 . 1/1/2010
Aw, fuck! I don't like where this is going!

And damn Wilson for not getting the STD-panel! Thought I don't consider a one-night-stand where he was drunk out of his mind "cheating". He didn't consciously chose it. It was more like seeking release with a prostitute - and even that would have been a conscious act. So: Not his fault. He got drunk because he didn'T know how to kill the pain any other way. House is perfectly able to understand that. Then Wilson did something stupid without even remembering it afterwards - and I bet THAT'S something House can relate to, too, and which he can understand in time.

I think slipping House drugs against chlamydia is so much worse than telling him what's up. He'S going to find out eventually and then Wilson has "cheated" and lied to him big time. THAT is going to be a problem he's going to have a hard time to fix, not his unconsious one-night-stand.
Heidinanookie chapter 31 . 1/1/2010
God, Wilson is such a f*ing idiot! House is right.

He always promises things to House and he never keeps his vows. No wonder House doesn't trust him. Wilson has to know by now that House is unable to understand his motives and therefore cannot appreciate his efforts but sees them as attacks against himself. Wilson needs to back off for long enough to make House understand that he isn't doing all of this for himself but for House - because he loves him. As long as House is unable to grasp that concept he won't be able to trust Wilson and forgive him for all those failed attempts to help him.

A perfect example for Wilson telling House one thing and doing the exact opposite is the situation where he tries to pry House away from the toilet he's clinging to. If he wanted to gain House's trust he'd have to let him go and just talk him out of it, maybe insert a few light touches and pats. If he's saying he won't hurt him but forces him to do something HOuse doesn't want at the same time there's not way HOuse is going to trust him. Ever. Because Wilson keeps doing that, making the same mistake again and again and again.

I really hope that weird dream makes Wilson see sense at last.

It doesn't look like it, though... Wilson promising to "make it okay" is about the worst thing he could have said to House. It only reinforces the view House has of him (and which isn't that far off the mark, if we're honest)
character-absquatulation chapter 36 . 12/30/2009
As depressing as this story gets sometimes, it truly does make me happy. Thank you for it.
356 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »