Reviews for My Obsession
Cerulean Pen chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
*punches wall*

ok so I found this story a couple of weeks ago and read it and then something happened when I went to review it. I just couldn't review it. I didn't even know what to say. that it was a wonderful piece of work that gave a refreshingly organic perspective on the concept of grief. that every character was perfectly written. that its emotional impact was intense and deserved.

but I couldn't do it. I kept coming back to read it and every time I just couldn't bring myself to write a review.

I guess there's your review for you. it had such an impact on me that I found myself thinking about it throughout the day. I guess I have to say thanks for writing such an amazing story.
Jaycie Victory chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
This was excellent. I mean, truly excellent. You have this ability to totally inhabit the worlds and characters you delve into. This was heartfelt, moving... Beautiful. Never mind cake, I'm binging on your work, and loving it.
rawr52 chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
This was incredibly moving and sad. Beautiful writing. Absolutely tragic.
half-hearted heroine chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Wow! This was intense! (good intense, I mean) So detailed, and it was good that the fic gradually led up to the ending. Amazing fic!
Gray-Rain Skies chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
The minute I read "Once upon a time there was a kid that was never born" I started choking up; by the end, I was crying. And all along, I knew: someone must've died - there had to be a reason for so much cake. But I didn't even think about Elliot until the Janitor brought her up.

This was beautiful - painful, mysterious, and superb. It was as if you could feel JD's emptiness while reading, and the lack of dialogue, of reasoning things out through monologue, and of no definite moment of resolve between the characters and their personal sorrows were all perfect and beautifully portrayed. This was a wonderful oneshot, and you did a brilliant job writing it.

[[Gray-Rain Skies]]
Lauren chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Wow. That last line was haunting; how it connected not only to the cake, but also to Elliot and her death. This piece was a little confusing at first, but I think the dramatic tention near the end wouldn't have worked so well without the background in the beginning.
Halan Lore chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
I was surprised when Elliot died.
Penname0000 chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
When Carla started crying- that's when I knew. I have to tell you, honestly, I have never ever cried so much reading a piece of fanfiction. Sincerely. This is that once in a lifetime story I always wish I could snap up and write down- the one that really makes people stop and notice a good writer. You found it, you wrote it, you did a brilliant job. Hands down, my absolute favorite story on . Ever. This is one of those rare stories that blend just the right amount of callbacks with excellent writing, angst, and in-character actions. I can't give you enough kudos.

I haven't seen your other fics yet, but please, write more Scrubs.
Bells of Tomorrow chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Wow. This was excellent; truly. I absolutely loved your method of revealing what happened to put JD into the state he was. The repetitive, "Once upon a time," thing was absolutely genius. And the fact that you didn't reveal it all at once; but slowly and surely let us know what happened. And everybody was very much in character. Seriously, you had them down pat. Anyway, this was really great, and if you're ever inspired to do so again, I would definitely encourage you to write more Scrubs stories. Once again, great job here.
phantomviola chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Aww... sad. But very well written. You wrote each character very well. That actually seems like something JD would do, if Elliot died. Especially under the circumstances.
andaere chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Wow. Wow, wow, wow.

You've got "it". That talent that some lucky people (YOU) are born with that make them just a step above everyone else all the time. People try and try and try to write this well, but if they aren't born with "it", then they can't. But you can.

Did that make sense? It did when I was thinking it. xD

Anyways, this is epic. It's raw emotion in the most beautiful, pure form. I can't believe that this is your first Scrubs 'fic!

I love how the "Once upon a time"s all scattered throughout the whole story. It makes it much deeper. There are so many different layers to this story. (I just thought of a really clever pun - this story has more layers than all of JD's cakes put together! Aha! Ha! Ha! -awkward silence-)

Anyways, I love this SO MUCH. I had a feeling that Elliot died, but I didn't know that she had been pregnant as well. That is so HORRIBLE! How do you come up with these things?

But this is still amazing. And in character. Each of the character's reactions were spot-on. And the hurt/comfort makes me very very happy. :)

I love you! Thanks for writing this!
Owl Emporium chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Wow, I was right. I guessed what had happened early on...but I denied it. Kinda. NO. You. Killed. Elliot. What the frick? Lol, this was great though; so beautiful. I loved it. (:

Angelica
She'sAManiac chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Wow.

I cannot believe you are new at this.

Because that was too good for a Newbie (no offence meant, just a reference)!
SALJStella chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Great work! I love how it's like, when JD's dad died, he only ate one cake and obsessed about it for a little while, but when Elliot dies, it's so heartbreaking to him that he has to eat cake all the time, and that's a real nice hitch. And I love the whole symbolic thing: When he's thrown up, he can eat other things, and think of other things. It's awesome. Keep it up! :)
Alice.1993 chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
I feel pathetic for crying right now. :(

Amazing story, I love the way you have JD eating cake and saying it 'tastes like death.' And the way you have bits from everyone's POV thinking about his situation, I think you handled the way they would all react to it amazingly well, and very accurately.

Also it was amazing the way you never said exactly what was wrong until the very end, but I still knew after the first few paragraphs. And the irony that it was patient Elliot had treated that killed her, and that she was pregnant was just heartbreaking.

Amazing story. I really hope you keep writing.