Reviews for Reasons to Hate Twilight
I figured this essay or whatever it is is worth a review. English is not my first language, so sorry for any mistakes.
I know it's a long time ago that you posted it but I just googled the words "Bella Swan Mary Sue" because I wanted to read some stuff where the author explains why Bella Swan is a Mary Sue. Because I don't like Twilight and sometimes I enjoy, you know, laugh at Twilights shittyness.
Well, I found your amazing essay. You have a great, interesting style of writing and I like your humour. I also like the content of this. Good, well-presented arguments and a fantastic opinion. I totally adree. And I like Harry Potter, too.
That's pretty much everything.
I hope you're doing well, kept your good taste in books and are happy.
Have a great day!
RandomPerson chapter 2 . 2/8
This...this is genius.
Qoheleth chapter 8 . 11/24/2018
Dear happyhouseelf:

Shouldn't this be on a blog or something rather than here? It's not really a story in its own right, is it?

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
Villainboygirl chapter 8 . 10/14/2018
YOU ARE AN ANGEL! I LOVE YOU! Write these things on Twilight...amazing!
Dreams Come True 996 chapter 6 . 9/15/2018
Gosh, I like werewolves, but the way Meyer portrayed them is sick indeed! Now I feel lucky I never read her silly books or watched their movie adaptations. Authors like J. K. Rowling are better thn Meyer, that's for sure! I mean what was sh thinking while writing this?
You did a good job with writing this fanfic/opinion/rant. Well done.
Glorificate chapter 8 . 7/8/2018
You, Lady, are a queen. The amount of respect I have have for you is nearly unparalled. Not only for organizing the anti-Twilight facts in such a comprehensive manner, but responding to some of these reviews with such grace. Reading some of these, I was almost offended on your behalf. Thank you for writing this story.
Guest chapter 3 . 3/5/2018
I liked to read it simply because it was full of drama. when bella knew what they really were they almost freaked out. I just likes the way they react when secrets are unfolding :) yeah... because i like dramas lol. so just because i likes to read twilight and its fanfic it doesnt mean i fell in love with eddie :') and i understands your reasons why you dont like twilight. I agrees with you it is not that well written and has some issues to be addressed. Which you did well :) i just want you to know there could be people like me who just like to read dramas thanks :) english is not my first language so sorry if you couldnt understand it xo
Noor Black chapter 8 . 12/24/2017
wow i really Admire you. you read all the hate and is acting cool about it
I am not a big fan og twillingt and i am not a hater. I th ink its okay but not as goood as HARRY potter!. /Oh and i am in love with both sirius black and jacob black! my baes!/

Also to the haters,
She is just stating her we jump on every person who share his/her opinion that is not like ours, then how iwll we be able to have a peacful world. How would anyone live in peace, like most wish. If we dont respect others opinions,

but one hater plus hater would make two ,And it would grow and grow ,making it the whole world. Its really important actually. it is not just aobut the book. It could have been about something else ,
i know you might say these are just little not important hings, we should not just hate others because they are different than us. We are all human and we are different so its okay to have different opinions and even different religions and beliefs.
We need to learn to accept otehrs opions , that the only way for us to live in peace
Peace! and love to everyone
A fellow human trying to spread peace! 3
Guest chapter 1 . 11/26/2017
I officially love you.
The Truth chapter 8 . 9/25/2017
Here's Twilight in a nutshell:

...

30% Bella whining about how much it sucks that all guys love her

20% Bella whining about how much her life sucks even though really she has no problems

25% Bella talking about how Edward is a special snowflake and completely ignoring his emotionally abusive and controlling behaviour

10% Everyone around Bella talking about how Bella's the special snowflake

10% Bella whining about how hard it is to be a special snowflake

5% Generic good VS evil plot

0% anything that remotely justifies the popularity of this franchise
SilverBird chapter 3 . 8/7/2017
I really hope that other people here in fanfiction community could also have this kind of self-awareness of the media and popular culture and they could more criticize books, movies and TV series they like just like the author of this "story" does. The way how so many fans reacted to this post tells some very troubling things about fandoms in general. If someone is criticizing something, everyone just goes nuts and fans just try to silence that person without even considering the possibilyty that there might be some sexist/misogynist/racist understones in stories/books/movied they love. I mean, they are just fictional stories, they are not words of god. LMAO. We can criticize them just as much as we can enjoy reading/warching them.

You have done an excellent job with these essays. Too bad here doesn't have a rating system because I would surely rate this very high. Greetings from Europe!
Booklover400 chapter 8 . 6/25/2017
Wow. That was really good. I liked how you showed each point of your argument. And how you kept your cool when writing responses to people that didn't share your point of view about twilight. Nice work!
Guest chapter 8 . 6/6/2017
You are awesome! And this is the best chapter so far. The way how all these twihards react to your post only shows how smart they are. XD

If they really are true Twilight fans, they should be able to read critical point of views as well without writing any hateful messages to those who critisize Twilight. It just shows they are immature and childlish. So well done author. The way how they reacted only proves that you are right.
Alex chapter 5 . 5/23/2017
Just a one more thing I forgot to mention; Stephenie Meyer has directly ADMITTED that Bella is her self-insert, so whats the problem? And Bella is MEANT to be “Mary Sue”. Meyer didnt give her any personality and didnt describe her so that any reader could use imagine themselves in Bellas place. She is NOT meant to be a character, she is meant to be a blank slate. Thats why Bella is so dependent and thats why she never does anything because she is just a skin for female readers to put on and enter a fantasy world of a love and excitement. The whole point of her character is to be a blank slate so that any reader can fantasize about being her. I think Meyer did a good job with creating a blank slate character.

Bella is good blank slate. She’s a thirteen year-old girl’s wish-fulfillment empowerment fantasy. She’s special, the most beautiful, most powerful new born vampire in the history of the world, and every single boy that she runs into falls in love with her immediately. She is only horrible if you think her as an actual person.
Alex chapter 1 . 5/23/2017
But the biggest question is that if Twilight is so obviously bad then why do people like it? Well, there’s a very easy answer to that.

Twilight is NOT supposed to be serious, realistic, good literature and not literary masterpiece. It followed a very basic plotline, reused cheesy language, and was a third-grade reading level equivalent. It’s a thirteen year-old wish-fulfillment fantasy with supernatural elements where overpowered people are using the power of love to overcome the evil. Yes, it has a dark edge to it, in that people die and suffer throughout the series, but the overall tone of the story is childish, immature, and simple. Its basically just overly dramatic high school drama that just happens in a world where vampires and werewolves exist. It is not a story with complicated issues, adult themes or a sobering, horrific storyline. It is not a story about vampires or werewolves. It is an old-fashioned love story in a modern setting. Nothing more, nothing less.

People like Twilight because it fulfils a basic craving that some of us have for cute guys and escapist wish-fulfilment fantasies; and I get that! I like wish-fulfilment as much as the next person, believe me. Thats why James Bond is my favourite character ever. :D

It appeals to women because it creates the fantasy that a woman can be plain, insecure, boring, dull, wishy-washy, passive, and totally unremarkable, and yet a highly desirable vampire Greek God can still come along and sweep her off her feet. If you think that it is ridiculous, remember that part of the appeal of fiction is that it lets people explore situations and experiences they don't have and don't want to have in real life.

To sum it up Twilight is a fairy tail where perfect human girl and perfect vampire fall in love and life happily ever after. No one is operating under the illusion that it’s a good, original story, or that they shouldn’t probably be reading something else. They read it because it’s there.

Once again I want to thank you for writing this essay. Its a great analysis. Good job. I just wish it could have been even longer than just eight chapters in total. I would have wanted to read more. And yeah, HATERS GONNA HATE!