Reviews for Stories
minderbinder chapter 36 . 5/18/2010
Poor Ianto! Thoroughly riveting story!
minderbinder chapter 26 . 5/18/2010
"It's called the Everything Killer."

Nice.
minderbinder chapter 18 . 5/18/2010
Nice villain monologue, by the way.
minderbinder chapter 8 . 5/18/2010
Hmmm. I was just thinking that John was going to come to trouble, and was completely blindsided by the turn at this chapter's end.

Well done! This story is definitely a page turner, or arrow clicker, as the case may be.
minderbinder chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
I read this. Then, I re-read it. I read it again. Then lastly, I read it.

The conversation is written so well! Is it ever revealed what he did (does, will do, is doing)to the Mona Lisa? Even if it isn't, I get a huge kick from the idea of a mischievous Doctor!

The prologue is beautiful. I was absolutely hooked by the second paragraph. And then there's this...

"What's my real name, you ask? Well, it's been so long I don't really remember it, "

And suddenly all I can think is...

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name..."
timano chapter 36 . 8/20/2009
An excellent finish to this story! (I'd have finished reading it last night, but my Internet went out.) I enjoyed reading about the characters, and the storyline was well-crafted and original. 10 out of 10 stars!
timano chapter 28 . 8/19/2009
I know you've written more to this story, and I'll get to it-I just wanted to mention how much this chapter reminded me of the final episodes of THE WAR GAMES-the part where the TARDIS materializes underwater, and the Time Lords let water get past the automatic defense systems.

I'm enjoying this story!
Chocky chapter 36 . 7/26/2009
O.k, so I was planning to just read another 3-4 chapters and just review, but my addiction took over and I have read the rest from Chapter 22 to Chapter 36. I have actually tried so many times to actually capture how I enjoyed this wondrous work but I found my words to fall flat compared to it.

This story so well weaved, with crescendo and turbulence and fury, which ends so quickly with such a short note. It left me going wow at the end. As I have tried to review this work, I found my self lost in the story finding other little nit bits making it even harder to comment on what I enjoyed. And then I look up and find myself five chapters away from what I want to comment on.

You have captured the emotion and the drama so well. The little banters with each other. I wish I could give you a recording of all my thoughts, so you can see how I laugh at end lines of chapters and hungrily click the next button for more.

I can’t wait to read the next story, but I must pace myself, otherwise I’m going to end up in the same quandary. (Eat slower, in smaller bits dear).

Thank you for this story. Can’t wait till I have time for the next one.
Chocky chapter 21 . 7/15/2009
Yes again I have been away for so long... So sorry for those are wondering if the ending all worth it and found a mid chapter review in the middle, please skip over this and find the grand applause. For me personally I think I am applauding already even though I do not know the ending. (Mind you if all goes to plan this should be in the middle not the end... Linear Time, how I wish to break free of your grasp… )

For those who are reading these reviews this is from Chapter 18 to Chapter 21. I find the stories too delicious to comment as a single chapter. As can be seen I have enough trouble keeping up to date... Hopefully the author can forgive me. And those who are reading along please note I have seen Torchwood CoE (Children of Earth not Common Era; - but so many strange parallels… but I digress...) and you may want to stop now till you have soak in that story first, I do not divulge details, but I am aware it may affect my viewing of the characters in the light of this marvellous piece of work.

Splash and so quickly I remember the story...

The promise of evil, for me was the theme of these few chapters. Glimpses of it’s alluring but callous face. These chapters for me was like the feeling of falling from a great height, wondering if the water below is will really break your fall, or just break you instead.

But despite the speed, the ripping wind, you glimpse sparkles of light. And one of those was Ianto.

Ianto, quiet, unassuming, content with the now, despite the darkness.

“I like my world just the way it is,”

With any other character, even the Doctor, you would question it, but Ianto despite the pain he has endured because of said Author has put him through, you believe it. You believe his quiet manner that erupts into this magnificent deliverance. He seems to have a peace that both the Doctor and Jack have lost. Maybe his shortness of life affords him this tranquillity, maybe it is just his ignorance. It is not due to his lack of desire to travel to the deep or his patience to find it. True, he has had his breakdown, but he has come from it whole. Or, can he hide better in the shadows better than the Doctor and Jack?

Then you meet Wil in Chapter 19. Head literally in her hands. Mending from her wounds. Wondering what has spiral out of control. And then finding the universe has... the whooshing sound in her ears, as she slowly relises this is going to really hurt...

Then the noise gets louder as the Jack tries to retreat, tries to shut down, to not think about the landing below. That description of Dark Matter by the Doctor... and the thought of Gray disappearing in and out... just turn the volume louder… What if you can't control him? You lock him in a box but like a bad temptation still gets out. Is Gray there but not? It reminds me of Anubis from Stargate. A Spirit that has decided to torment the physical world, with the spiritual world powerless? decisionless? to stop him. How do stop the whispers in the night?

And then there is John... For me this was most impacting chapter of the four. Although in some ways a "classic" the build up the preceding chapters really run home this runaway evil. This evil that cannot be contained. That, it unrelenting, unrepentant and has no compassion. This evil will not stop kindly when our heroes need to gasp for air.

Part of me is struggling to resist reading all of it now… but I want to review it at the same time, so I will rest for now while I can still take a breath.
boxerboo chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
The first three paragraphs of this story are among the most interesting I have ever read in a fanfic.

Perceptive, profound, insightful and brave.
niver chapter 36 . 6/4/2009
Really amazing story.
Alcibie chapter 36 . 6/1/2009
I adored this epilogue and the quotes! Wow, they are fabulous and fitting and perfect..

I love the Doctor in this..the way he starts laughing and goes off on his Arthur Miller tangent..that's so him and also this line..I adore

Whoever is coming with me, let’s get rolling!”

And his comments about Torchwood because he really has got a point!

I hardly need say it but John and Wil were perfect, as was John's "living the Story" line.

And the last line was a work of art...Ianto...that's just so...exactly...what would happen

Although I really hate that word "complete" attached to your stories, I'm not quite as sad as usual because I know (and not meaning to be happy about such terrible creatures) we have to find out what's going to happen with the Aedui and how John and Wil get on now and where Jack and the Doctor go next and...

(that's enough nagging for now!)

A BRILLIANT Story in every way!
Alcibie chapter 35 . 6/1/2009
Hi!

I have, of course, read to the end. On seeing the word "complete", I couldn't wait and read and review chapter by chapter but I'll try to review that way!

Grasshopper is my hero!

“I had to compress him a bit.”

But I wonder about the ratio, Teacher

There are so many memorable lines in this beautiful piece of interaction..it's just perfect...a really, perfect piece of writing to "compliment" what comes before and after.

Jack needs a new coat?

Yes, yes, I know. The truth shall set you free and all that rubbish. Well, sometimes, Grasshopper, the truth just hurts. That’s all, it simply hurts.”

This is so poignant and beautifully put and who could disagree with it?

Beautiful, I could read it over and over!
Noofle chapter 36 . 6/1/2009
Superb story, as always. It always amazes me that you can find quotes that tie in with your stories. Magnificent. And will Gwen be helping Ianto clear up the mess? It seems a bit cruel to make Mr. Jones do it all by himself.

Will there be another sequel, to add to your ever growing list in this set of stories? I would very much like to find out what's going to happen next, and if the Aedui are ever going to be defeated. I'm already sitting here in anticipation!
Noofle chapter 35 . 6/1/2009
Grasshopper saves the day?

How big is a level five hazmat container, and just how much was Gray compressed to fit him in there? I dread to think...