Reviews for The Last Dance
hotchner chapter 4 . 12/3/2013
I really love the pairing and the idea behind this story. Have AJ and Ziva together and also doing a job was AWESOME. I wish you would write another Jag story like that. Thank You!
Guest chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
"AJ and Ziva decided to keep things simple – if asked they'd tell the truth about their work; well, they'd tell most of it. So, when Ardilles did ask, Ziva was ready: "I work for NCIS – Naval Criminal Investigative Service. We deal with problems regarding Navy and Marine Corps personnel. AJ is the JAG – that's the Judge Advocate General. So, I suppose you could say that I arrest the bad guys, and AJ prosecutes them." There was a murmur of appreciation around the table and Ziva's stock, already riding high, rose a little higher. AJ smiled briefly into his wine glass. She'd summed up their careers in barely two sentences and was accurate. His instinct about Ziva was right – she was exactly the person he needed for this job," - Well done, Ziva.
"all he had designs on was getting her into bed. Conversation was felt to be the appetiser, but sex was definitely the main course as far as he was concerned and when he looked again at Ziva his libido kicked up a notch. A Federal agent, used to taking orders, used to carrying a gun, used to being in charge - he couldn't resist. He wanted to take that agent and break her down, make her compliant and subservient, she'd bend to his will, do as he pleased – and thank him for it in the morning. It never crossed his mind that Ziva would be anything less than co-operative; his psyche was not hot-wired that way." - EW!
Well done, Ziva, at picking that creep Ardilles' pocket while dancing.
alix33 chapter 3 . 7/23/2013
"Trying desperately hard to reign in her overactive hormones," - "rein in her overactive hormones".
I like Ziva's coat.
"soon they are joining the queue of cars at the White House itself. "Ever been here?" asks AJ. "Just as a tourist" is Ziva's response. "I came last year – saw the White House, Capitol Building – just so that I could put the politics into perspective. Although the buildings are the outward sign of Government and its Leader, I wanted to see if I could find the personalities inside them." "Any luck?" "Yes and no. The White House is the culmination of America's moving culture. I daresay the personal quarters would give a better insight into President Hayes; but naturally that part is off limits. The Capitol Building was just as I expected. You can feel the power there. It was very impressive, but very close to the American people. It means a lot, being able to go in and see where the power is. I thoroughly enjoyed it." "Well, tonight will be different. It'll all be small talk and people on their best behaviour. We all say lots and give nothing away." She smiles "That's very cynical". "Definitely" is his response "but then I've had years of rubber chicken dinners and two-faced people talking in double-speak. You're new to American politics and it'll seem interesting. I'm just getting too old for this." - At least they can talk to one another.
"AJ looks down at Ziva, and then at his hand holding hers and a grin slips across his face. "Didn't know you knew SeAL hand signals" is his comment. "It must be universal" is her response "We use the same one at Mossad"." - That bit made me smile.
"They probably think I've brought my daughter or I'm cradle-snatching." His assumption is wrong, as he finds out a second later when he indicates Ziva should precede him to their table. His jaw almost hits the floor and an audible "Oh my God!" is heard as he realises the dress she is wearing shows off a toned, tanned back that is completely nude past her waist. The rear of the dress is extremely low – dipping down and ending just two inches above her bottom. Ziva looks over her shoulder at him and winks suggestively – all he can do in response is to stare, and keep on staring. A sudden nudge behind him brings him into the present and he steps forward, out of the way of more diners. Eyes swivel right to take in the superb sight of his date and he … who mentioned the word "date"? She's not my date, she's an NCIS agent and my current … AJ's mind is having trouble processing speech, thought or action and Ziva turns to him and whispers three words in his ear. The Admiral blushes to the tips of his ears and looks down into liquid brown eyes that are smiling with mischief. Then she seats herself and pats the chair beside her. He did hear those words, didn't he? He's not mistaken? She did actually say "low-rise thong" quietly to him? He looks sideways at her and she's smiling triumphantly to herself. And, he can't resist it … he just can't. He leans across and murmurs in her ear. Her mouth pops open in surprise, and then she throws back her head and laughs out loud. Within seconds she's clutching her sides and trying desperately to regain control as AJ's laughter joins hers." - Those paragraphs made me laugh and then smile at the end.
"Webb plonks himself down and leaves his date struggling with her chair. Webb pales when he realises who is sitting opposite him, and he practically stutters his name in introduction when he realises Ardilles is also at the table. He suddenly wishes he was home – eating a tv dinner and watching the Lakers match. He also vaguely recognises Ziva and it suddenly comes to him that a former SeAL has brought a Mossad operative to dinner at the White House! Webb's interest is piqued and, rudely ignoring his date, he stares at Ziva. She stares back, but then opens her bag slips out a small pad and pencil and scribbles a note. Signalling to a passing drinks waiter she presses the note discreetly into his hand and, after he tops up the various wine glasses on the table, slips the note to Webb. AJ is intrigued by this, but also a little annoyed – after all she did come to the dinner with him. Webb smirks at AJ but the smirk slowly disappears when he reads the note from Ziva: "If you do not stop staring at my cleavage, I shall stab you in the eye with my fork. And leave the rest of you for the Admiral to deal with." He looks up at the pretty brunette who has captivated the table with her mispronounced English and charming ways and hits guts turn to liquid. This is one woman who can do what she says she can, and she will, especially if she catches him staring at her breasts again. Ziva grins and raises her glass in a salute to Webb. AJ raises an eyebrow and Ziva leans forward and whispers the story into his ear. A large, wicked smile spreads across AJ's face and he too grins at Webb. Suddenly, Webb realises what it feels like to be a dolphin surrounded by patrolling killer whales … and he hastily grabs his wineglass and downs the contents in one fast gulp." - Take THAT, Clayton Webb!
alix33 chapter 2 . 7/23/2013
"every dress was either micro-short or cocktail length;" - I had to Google cocktail length, as I do ankle length or just above the knee when I do do dresses, which is very seldom.
"He gets in with difficulty. The Mini Cooper is not designed for a man of his height and she smirks at his obvious discomfort." - It was a very funny mental pic.
The rest of this chapter was very funny, except the ominous bit right at the end where Meredith showed up.
alix33 chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
"He gets out and walks smartly into the building, where he meets Cynthia at the elevator. She takes him inside and they're whisked to Vance's floor." - Yay! for director Vance in this fic seemingly having inherited Cynthia from Jenny Shepherd.
KYTIVAFAN chapter 4 . 1/17/2011
wow, this is a great story. too bad you didn't finish it. I will put it on alert just in case...
trout1986 chapter 4 . 6/1/2010
don't stop now
Ashes of Fire chapter 4 . 12/12/2009
I like this a lot - will you be continuing? And how about the rest of Gibbs' team?
Night Drabbles chapter 4 . 11/5/2009
Ohh continue please - it's fantastic. I would thik that Gibbs wouldn't give up without a fight to know what was going on. Wouldn't it be funny to have the Admiral and him in the elevator for a 'meeting'?
Lil-Miss-DiNozzo78 chapter 3 . 7/16/2009
I am sure you are busy, but I hope that you find time to continue this. It's really good and the Admiral and Ziva seem to have great chemistry. I really want to see what is going to happen.
cavalier8503 chapter 2 . 4/4/2009
I like this...this is really getting good, update soon please!
Imzadi chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
I'll be interested to see what happens next. I don't quite understand why Ziva is so annoyed, however.