Reviews for A Different Challenge
Jenna Berry365 chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
fuuny, awesome
nerdyfanchick chapter 5 . 12/27/2010
interesting... did you know that their making a "Young Justice" show now? It has Robin, Aqualad, KidFlash, Super Boy, Miss Martian and a girl who I assumed to be a sidekick to green arrow (after speedy quit) but I didnt know her name, well now I'm thinking that she is "Arrowette" seeing as she was in the original comic.

You have'nt posted since '09! It's almost 2011! wth?
bk00 chapter 5 . 6/24/2010
Need...more... This was really great and I hope you continue it eventually! This is extremely funny on every account with how everyone reacts to their fans! Really great!
RazzleDazzleRose chapter 5 . 5/25/2010
Very amusing and definately worth reading. It's a shame you didn't make more of these.
kobez2.0 chapter 5 . 3/2/2010
This is a neat little fic, I hope you update it again. I also have a question for Beast Boy, if you're taking them. (I refuse to word it like I'm actually writing to him) I've always wondered why he never turned into a humming bird to gain momentum and then fly at his enemies and turn into a rhino at the last minute? it seems like the rhino's weight hitting someone at a humming bird's (or some other fast animal) speed would do alot of damage.

Peace,

-Kobez-
Amanthya chapter 5 . 12/3/2009
I like the little jokes, and the tid-bits of info you dig up for us. It's certainly very amusing!
starry-eyed-ocean chapter 5 . 12/1/2009
I love this story! Funny and in charicter. I'll definately add it to my watch list.
shiro-wolfman-k chapter 5 . 11/14/2009
i must confess that it IS a completely different story, a little refreshing to tell you the truth.

Thank you for such a good story to read.
The-Mighty-Floyd chapter 4 . 7/19/2009
I read those last two lines, and pretty much did your classic spit take.

This is a somewhat unique and amusing story. I honestly don't believe I have ever seen this particular concept before.
Wildcard999 chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Okay, this one caught my eye. And you really ought to have mentioned what fandoms you write for a lot sooner-I would've come by earlier!

Anyway...

I noticed your sentences seem to be pretty long and have a lot of info in them. You don't need to say everything in one breath. Break it up a little bit and see if some of the info can wait for another sentence. Just because more specific info or exceptions fit perfectly with something in a sentence doesn't mean you need to dump it in right then. Too much of that shortens you fic and lengthens your sentences.

I don't recall Robin being at all interested in sharing the same breathing space with Batman, let alone conversing with the guy. Wasn't he pissed at him about something? The Batclan doesn't seem to lose grudges all that quickly, especially when no one talks about it.

He does disappear a lot though. He's a team player when his team needs him, but they're on their own when they want him.

/(Superman? The other four Titans braced themselves for a long lecture about social responsibility, the ethics of altruism, being role models to the rest of their generation, and/or patriotic duty—although Raven didn’t really feel all that close to the USA, and Starfire’s primary loyalty was to another planet—but those details weren’t likely to stop Robin when he got into full-blown lecture mode!)/

I don't think this belongs in parentheses. I see nothing parenthesial about it. That looks more like regular narration to me. Plus, I hate the parenthesis effect anyway. I don't think it belongs at all in fics, let alone being necessary.

I did lol at that. Total Superman, and Robin definitely had some of those leanings in the cartoon.

/And suppose, just for the sake of argument, that some of us hate the idea of wading through a ton of the fan mail that usually piles up in those big bins downstairs until we send the contents off to be recycled?/

I was with you until the sentence kept going after the mail piling up. I'm pretty sure that constitutes a run-on sentence, and I'm not sure Raven would pick that little piece of info to add to one of her lines. She hates talking, and really only does those run-on sentences for effect. Mostly to add on more reasons why something is such a stupid idea. I don't know that having a policy of getting the fanmail recycled is really an argument for that.

Aw man! I read Raven's reasons for not wanting to be leader, and while the logical assessment of abilities and her aversion to anything that involved paying attention to other people are perfectly IC, I was disappointed that you didn't play the I'm-evil-and-meant-to-destroy-the-world card! Come on! She didn't even want the Titans TRUSTING her, and now she's give the opporitunity to make them DEPEND on her? I would have expected to see that. Oh well, you still managed to hit everything else. Nice work.

Your writing is an odd blend of conversational writing and formal writing. Which, for me, only serves to force me back into the real world because you keep changing it up on me. I don't know about other people, but if the writing style varies too much, it knocks me back into reality.

Also, just as there are battles that are not fought, sometimes there are words that aren't said, and for the same reason. The reader doesn't have to know anymore than they have to, and the rest is just frosting. Of course, too much frosting makes you sick and then you puke and never eat that kind of cake again. Long story short, some things can go unsaid and no one would ever notice.

Fyi, Robin and Raven are KNOWN for letting things go unsaid. They are the king and queen of implied communication. I'd cut off all extraneous words and phrases when writing their lines.

I did like this chapter. It's funny and IC for the most part. It's only the dialogue I've got qualms about, actions, opinions and everything else seems perfectly IC. I still think it would be funnier if Cy had gotten himself voted leader and THEN realized he couldn't give it up for a while. But that would derail the fic. :/
titanfan45 chapter 4 . 5/14/2009
I like your approach of having the Titans address the same type of letters, it makes a lot of sense. I enjoyed this chapter and look forward to more.
Herpestidae chapter 4 . 5/14/2009
Wow. Titans getting scam mail. Excellent. I could almost imagine The issue of Playboy with Starfire in it. Wait... Is she even 18 at this point?
G. Login chapter 4 . 5/14/2009
The idea that Starfire finds the idea that being naked is so normal she sees no perpose in doing the pictures. She isn't offended she just thinks it is pointless.
Protector of Canon2 chapter 4 . 5/14/2009
This is so entertaining. Clearly, BB is having much more fun answering fan mail then anyone else.

Also, Star should totally ask Robin about the letter from the magazine. THAT would be entertaining.
Protector of Canon2 chapter 3 . 4/16/2009
I like Raven's calculations, though I might point out that they are messed up slightly by the fact that not all fans write fanmail.