Reviews for Burning desert, Frozen hope
thunderstorm-bay chapter 1 . 4/26
Amazing story. I love how you've written the boys, their relationships and the despair that they all feel (the John and Virgil relationship is exactly how I picture them).
taylorj2000 chapter 13 . 4/22
Please continue, I'd like to see what happens next.
talltwin18 chapter 13 . 4/8
I love this story so much. Read it before and cant remember if i reviewed or not but just re-read it and reminded myself how good it is. Love virgil as the main character. Really hope to read more of this story :)
Wauw! Great story, I really liked it!
LMC25 chapter 13 . 2/9
This is a master piece! Congratulations!i couldn't stop reading
FABreader chapter 12 . 12/25/2015
I'm so glad to have this story back! It's gritty and so well written that I'm transported into the story and disappointed when the chapter finished. Nice to finish on a high note after everything that happened.

Poor Virgil, but he's recovering, physically and mentally, so I don't doubt that all will be good.

I'm glad we heard more about Robbie too, I was wondering about him.

Once again, I'm glad to have you and your fabulous story back.
Silver Bee chapter 12 . 12/23/2015
I'm so pleased you're back! This is such powerful writing - poor Virgil. You capture everyone's character perfectly - John is the perfect choice for a heart to heart like this.

Hope all is well with you.
TBMom chapter 12 . 12/22/2015
Good chapter - glad for the updates once again. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 11 . 12/16/2015
Oh, thank you so much for updating this. I'm sorry that you've had personal issues, big hugs for that, but this was such a surprise and a genuine pleasure to see on the archive page. I have loved this story from the beginning, its so full of emotion and description and action and it tugs on my heartstrings everytime. It is a superb piece.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
TBMom chapter 11 . 12/15/2015
Good Story!
talltwin18 chapter 11 . 8/2/2015
Love this story! My favourirte character is Virgil and there are few stories with him as the main character. You're writing is really good! Can't wait to read more :-)
boojum chapter 11 . 6/14/2014
Still would love to see you overcome by inspiration and return to pick this story up again.
Montydog131 chapter 11 . 12/17/2012
Wow. Loved this - the feelings that you get from the brothers and their reactions to the situation is very good. Some very minor quibbles about ranks of Army and Red Cross and Church in Muslim country, but v minor compared with huge enjoyment and hope you would do a follow-up
Whirlgirl chapter 11 . 9/6/2012
Excellent chapter. Loved how they have Virgil but still the stress and tension overwhelm the joy. Poor Scott is really broken up. I was particularly moved by the image of Jeff back on the island, standing on the runway, being lashed by the wind and the weather, watching the storm clouds and BEGGING (a rare thing for Jeff) for the ships to appear and bring his children home. Kyrano standing stedfast by his side, symbolic of everyone else who looks for Virgil's safe return, was fitting. Virgil in transport, the fear, the small acceptant comfort of a dream then the realization and joy was VERY well done.
" You're safe now." Brought a tear to my eye. Looking forward to more.
Guest chapter 11 . 9/5/2012
Great chapter! Was so glad to see an update. Thank you. Will be looking forward to the next.