Reviews for Essence of Pleasure
HeRonFan chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
A very nice setting for their wedding. When Jack makes up his mind...Jack makes up his mind! You left to the imagination their calling and telling their friends and their excitement in the inviting. Doing so made completely centered on the setting of the beach, and their moment. However, I wonder if you had those moments in a draft and then deleted them. I'm sure they would be amusing to read.
I appreciate the contrasts you've included here: Sam's making the distinction between Jack and Pete and their reactions to things, focusing on why Sam found Jack so much more steady than Pete. The puppy dog look would make a woman have to feel motherly as opposed to an equal with her partner-and Jack is partner material all the way. ...Jack's memories of his first wedding, his rank, the setting, the crowd, his youth-contrasted with this wedding. There is not one blood relative there for him (either of them), but he has discovered family means more than that. Of note, though, is how you did not deny Jack's happiness at his first marriage which you easily could have insinuated. I'm glad you didn't. You've just painted it different. And that's how it should be. Jack is different now. This is where he is in life now. It makes me smile-as does the WoO throwback. Lovely descriptions. I could picture it all. Now...can I get a picture of Teal'c taught how to hula out of my head! : - )
SusanT chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
I have read this story before, and once again, I sighed at the end. Perfect, just perfect.
Kathryn Shadow chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Aww.

Never has avoiding things-I-probably-should-be-doing-instead-of-this been so enjoyable. :)
LaraSGCLena chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Oh yes it was perfect :) If I ever get married, I want to get married on a beach. Bare feet in the sand, the warm sun...

Yup you captered that moment just perfect.

Thanks for starting off my working day with a huge smile!
IggyMing chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Oh, so sweet! Really lovely, in-character, well written. Bravo!
Zoser chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
Sweet.
Trinity1.0 chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Brought tears to my eyes Pol.

Great job.
sg-1fanintn chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
I loved this...plain and simple. One of your best, hon! The imagery was fantastic-I could see it all in my mind's eye.

Thank you for this treat!
Lutherian chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Aw, wow. It was amazing and i loved it. Well done, it was beatifully written in character.
Starlover1990 chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Aww...so fluffy! Love it! It is really cute!:)
gater62 chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Sweet *shippy sigh* So romantic! You are fab, Pol!
Majikthize chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
"And it was perfect."

*sappy happy sigh*

That it was.

You know, for a moment there I swear I was actually on the beach right there with them. How do you do it? How do you write the reader right on in there so well like that. Gah I wish I knew how but I suspect it's an intuitive rather than learned skill. It's awesome!

Thank you for writing. :-)
AT Fan chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Aww now I am all teary eyed. Great story so in character and I can see them not fussing with a big wedding just their good friends present.
Noontide chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Gah! I loved it! Definitely one of my favorites of your works. Awesome, awesome job on this.

And sorry I haven't been reviewing things like I usually do. My internet at my apartment doesn't work, so I have to wait until I can get to the library to check things. -sigh-
jhalya chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
oh, this was beautiful! and the Window of Opportunity references warmed my heart (I love that ep, it is just too great). great shippy moment and in true J/S style. wonderful job u did, Pol:D

PS: hm, let's see...e-jello? now that's true essence of pleasure:)