Reviews for Essence of Pleasure
narellew68 chapter 1 . 3/16
GAH ... you're killin' me ... just so very beautiful. xo
ShoeQueen chapter 1 . 2/1
OMG, are you kidding me? This was so lovely and beautifully written, I want to weep. I have the FEELS! I could absolutely envision every word of this. I love that you did a call back to WoO with the kiss. Sigh.
HeRonFan chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
A very nice setting for their wedding. When Jack makes up his mind...Jack makes up his mind! You left to the imagination their calling and telling their friends and their excitement in the inviting. Doing so made completely centered on the setting of the beach, and their moment. However, I wonder if you had those moments in a draft and then deleted them. I'm sure they would be amusing to read.
I appreciate the contrasts you've included here: Sam's making the distinction between Jack and Pete and their reactions to things, focusing on why Sam found Jack so much more steady than Pete. The puppy dog look would make a woman have to feel motherly as opposed to an equal with her partner-and Jack is partner material all the way. ...Jack's memories of his first wedding, his rank, the setting, the crowd, his youth-contrasted with this wedding. There is not one blood relative there for him (either of them), but he has discovered family means more than that. Of note, though, is how you did not deny Jack's happiness at his first marriage which you easily could have insinuated. I'm glad you didn't. You've just painted it different. And that's how it should be. Jack is different now. This is where he is in life now. It makes me smile-as does the WoO throwback. Lovely descriptions. I could picture it all. Now...can I get a picture of Teal'c taught how to hula out of my head! : - )
SusanT chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
I have read this story before, and once again, I sighed at the end. Perfect, just perfect.
Kathryn Shadow chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Aww.

Never has avoiding things-I-probably-should-be-doing-instead-of-this been so enjoyable. :)
LaraSGCLena chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Oh yes it was perfect :) If I ever get married, I want to get married on a beach. Bare feet in the sand, the warm sun...

Yup you captered that moment just perfect.

Thanks for starting off my working day with a huge smile!
IggyMing chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Oh, so sweet! Really lovely, in-character, well written. Bravo!
Zoser chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
Sweet.
Trinity1.0 chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Brought tears to my eyes Pol.

Great job.
sg-1fanintn chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
I loved this...plain and simple. One of your best, hon! The imagery was fantastic-I could see it all in my mind's eye.

Thank you for this treat!
Lutherian chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Aw, wow. It was amazing and i loved it. Well done, it was beatifully written in character.
Starlover1990 chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Aww...so fluffy! Love it! It is really cute!:)
gater62 chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Sweet *shippy sigh* So romantic! You are fab, Pol!
Majikthize chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
"And it was perfect."

*sappy happy sigh*

That it was.

You know, for a moment there I swear I was actually on the beach right there with them. How do you do it? How do you write the reader right on in there so well like that. Gah I wish I knew how but I suspect it's an intuitive rather than learned skill. It's awesome!

Thank you for writing. :-)
AT Fan chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Aww now I am all teary eyed. Great story so in character and I can see them not fussing with a big wedding just their good friends present.