Reviews for Finishing Last
Softly Spoken Words chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
I haven't read a story from Hojo's point of view, so this was really refreshing. Great job :)
Foofafie chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Yay! Hojos happy ending!
Flor.Lor chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
I love the perspective of this story, and how you don't make Hojo an unidimensional character. I enjoyed it very much :)
miss greenpeace chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I really like how you portrait hojo as a true character, not just some kind of flirty-sweet-dense hojo in some fics. This shows some depth of his character, ranges of human emotions we can understand and relate too and one can't help but to wish for his happiness too. Really well-thought fics from Hojo's perpective.
Vic-Mongona-is-awesome chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Poor Hojo. The first girl he loved ended up being, like, the only person to fall through a magic well.
gossip stone chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
I really liked this one-shot. One thing, though: for all the swearing that's in this, um... Yeah, it's not exactly what I'd call K. More like a T or an M, to be honest. But whatever, it's not like there was some lemon scene that just popped out of nowhere, because then it'd be *really* poorly rated.

Once again, this was interesting. Hojo was always incredibly flat an just blah, and I don't think I've ever really read a story where he had a major presence/ impact. Nicely done.
BirdHummingAlong chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
this was sweeeeeet! i always felt sorry for hojo, and it's nice to see a fanfic with some depth into his character...since he seemed like such an air head most of the anime lol. but its nice to see some thing resolved for him :)

wonderful piece of work!

-BirdHummingAlong
Kipcha chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Poor Hojo, you're completely right. You never had a snowballs chance in Hell of getting with our dear Kagome. I would agree that I never really found him all that interesting as well, but I always found Inuyasha's reactions to him hilarious XD
Marlyssa s chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
That was a very good story. the idea of an story from Hojo's POV is quite rare and it's always interesting to see how people see him.

Good work.

P-S:please try to think about "Father's House, Husband's House" , it could be excelent
coconut-forever chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
aww i love it
Mini Nicka chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Loved that
The Vampire's Liaison chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I laughed aloud at 'Slicky Mctight-pants'. And, FYI, this is not nearly as short as you make it out to be. Its a pretty good length one shot. I thought the whole piece was really cute, and a nice little cap to a part of the story never really acknowledged. And It was nice to see a little glimpse of Inuyasha and Kagome's future.
Nuying chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Nice story you wrote it very well.
oncloud8 chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
this is really... nice. Which kind of sums up Hojo himself doesn't it? And i agree that yes, he's boring and ignored for the most part, but really, he can't help it that he lives in the normal world (though how normal this world can be, i don't know) and that he doesn't have a magical sword and fangs. That line about how a nice guy can't win if he's racing with superman really brought it home for me.

I love that he gets closure and he doesn't totally give up. I think that once he gets over Kagome, he'll be pleasantly surprised just how many girls want to give a guy like him a chance.

You brought a background character under a spotlight and really let us take a closer look, making him more real. I've always appreciated introspective pieces like this.

So... great writing! :)
cherri114 chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
I really admire the way you were able to make Hojo more fleshed-out. I think that the way you wrote him doesn't seem out out of character for him, it seems like he would act that way if he had been shown in Inuyasha more.

I bet Inuyasha got a lot of stares at the zoo. xD This is a great story.