Reviews for Mary Sue: The bittersweet taste of Fanfiction?
ONNMT chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Kyu... Wonderful. Superb quality, and it takes a meaningful turn towards the end. Your phobia? In the end, we're only human, so it's an understandable thing to fear. In fact, I respect you, for being able to live with that.
Thank you.
AaylaKit chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
I have to disagree with WHY we hate the Mary-Sue.

We hate her because, when we choose to read fanfiction, we want to read it about the characters we know and love, although your idea of "we hate her because we cannot be as good as her" is a very very valid point. Me, whenever I see an OC, I get annoyed. Why? Because I clicked on this link to read about Star Wars or Harry Potter or Twilight or Naruto, not about who the author really wants to be. I couldn't care less about how they saw the movie and they thought (insert character's name here) looked soooo cute/hot/handsome/whatever, and they made an OC so they could feel like they were actually in a relationship even though they have no writing talent-that's not what I, or ANYONE, wants to hear about.

So I hate the Mary Sue because, no matter how perfect she is, she is NOTHING compared to the characters of the universe she is in.

On a side note, I actually have a friend who has a Mary-Sue-like name (Laura Elizabeth Kimiko Kohlnhofer), oh yeah, and Sue-like hair (it's deep brown and to her waist). Weird...very, very weird...
immedicable chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
So true. I really do know what you mean about ignoring the real-life Mary Sue. There was this girl at my high school that was so perfect. Perfectly chipper, perfectly athletic, perfect chest, and perfectly irritating. I recently saw her in a televised ad for my old dentist (I guess she had perfect teeth too). I'm getting off track anyway. I enjoyed reading that. Death to the Mary Sues! I like my characters with actual character, thank you.
Elvish-Princess99 chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
Wonderful. Truly. Sometimes of course the authors create them, because that's all they want to be. Occasionally, sadly, some sap centres the story around themselves, and invents themselves as a Mary-Sue. I recommend therapy.