Reviews for Second Wind
HIdragon chapter 11 . 6/20/2010
I'm at loss. the greatest story i've read. This fanfiction was worthy. I have never read something like this. and you know I liked it. this.. story, was very.. strong. yes, and top-notch. Perhaps you are a writer? this fic puts some books to shame. Its also a sign of your ability to write.

- Adds to favorites

and then subscribe. which is a very rare thing, i don't subscribe unless its worthy

- I haven't actually read the whole manga. or whatever. if i did, i can't really remember. And I do not care, because this was a superb story. I will not go into psychological things and what not, or detail. the story just felt right, you ended it correctly, seems like a happy ending.

I will remember this fanfic as a top one,. No, i don't in-depth review, just keep up the great work.

an excellent story,
staidwaters chapter 11 . 4/26/2010
awesome. Thank you for the read.
puregarnet chapter 11 . 3/20/2010
Love it. Beautiful ending. I think you had forgotten to put the complete sign to the story.
Portgas D. Nikky chapter 11 . 3/3/2010
I albsoultely love this fanfiction! You had me hanging on every chapter!

One of the best Detective Conan fanfictions with secrets being revealed and shrunken Ran I've ever read!

Perhaps one day we'll get a snippit of a one-shot that will tye up all the psudo loose ends.

-Nikky
MidTiti chapter 11 . 2/14/2010
I really really enjoyed this story ! The characters are skillfully written and the lot feels right. The supernatural bits fall neatly in place... Especially the twinning dreams. That one's a strange idea, but an interesting one.

Thanks for the great work !
Preemtive Karma chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
All the death threats against Conan...Funnier than they probably should be! You rock!
Taco chapter 11 . 11/15/2009
.Goodness...

That' !
A Bibliophile chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
Unseen eyes in the middle of the night make me think of Kaitou Kid. And ballerinas, but that's a different story.
Digeridoodler chapter 11 . 3/15/2009
*sniffle* ... it was so beautiful C: I read all of this in, what, 2-3 days? Ah and it was so touching and suspenceful! Great job and keep up the good work! I'll be rumaging your other works too (I loved Conversation Amongst Ghosts too! Takagi-chan)
Aku-dono chapter 11 . 1/3/2009
I just re-read this again, now heading to re-read Windfall, and while I still love it to bits, there's one thing that annoys me greatly:

It makes me feel inadequate. I feel like I'm a barroom singer trying to sing on the same stage as Celine Dion. Your writing voice, the way you line up words to create images is wonderful, dazzling... it makes me incredibly jealous. Curse you for that ;)

Of course, it also makes me want to listen to a lot more of it.

(Yes, that was a somewhat colorful and completely shameless request for moar.)
SwiftWidget chapter 11 . 12/6/2008
*Claps slowly and smiles* That was incredible. One can always tell when someone is a great writer. If the writer can make the characters "real," if the writer can make the readers feelings pour out - laughing or crying - they're great. Their are some other things, but they're hard discribe. You're a great writer. This story is awe inspiring and I could only hope to write as good a story. _
DetectiveConanKid chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
My apologies for posting a second review, but I decided, after a while, that my review was far too gushy and praisey for my tastes, especially when there is no reason not to go into detail about what I liked about the story- and make a response to Amanga's criticism of the story, by pointing out a plothole, that seems rather exaggerated.

First of all- the story. The plot makes sense, Conan decides that it's time to own up to Ran about his true identity. The reveal itself is somewhat cheesy and mundane, but not enough that it's annoyingly so. It's entertaining in it's own right, and relatively realistic.

The characters are pretty much perfect. You more or less have the archetypes nailed, and the way that these characters interact with eachother is solid. Not really much to say about it; it's pretty much exactly how I would picture it in my personal fanon. I like how you managed to work in all the main characters, Kogoro, Haibara, the "Detective Boys", etc. In fact, none of the appearances seem particularly contrived, and it all flows well.

The writing is solid, with your description often being immersive and really drawing me in. No real typos/grammatical errors that I saw, although one scene feels like it should have come later in the narrative- the Mystery Coaster ride, with Ran expressing no surprise at Conan's interactions with the operator, but it's not a major complaint.

The main plot twist is believable enough, and seems in character for both Haibara and Ran, in a sense. With all this talk about everything ending that night, I was certain that something was going to happen, however even then the plot twist still caught me off guard somewhat.

I have no real compaints about this piece, the entire story is entertaining, the characters are in character, the writing is solid, with one minor blip, and the plot flows smoothly and has an interesting twist at the end. Although I feel that the score might be exaggerated, it's still somewhat fitting.

9.8/10

Amanga: You're forgetting something in your criticism- the pill was designed to kill, but in fact had a completely different effect. Although it's possible, if it was a routine poison, that finding an antidote using the chemical composition would be simple, but this is far from routine. Let's ignore the fact that Haibara might not have the technology neccesary to examine the pill, etc. It feels that your flaw just falls short in several ways.
Flip a Coin chapter 11 . 10/4/2008
Absolutely lovely. This story is amazing. (with a few minor altercations and adaptations, it could be it's very own story *that i could write fanfiction for* .
Lluvia-the-Wolfgirl chapter 4 . 9/5/2008
Love all your stories!
Jamie chapter 11 . 6/28/2008
Awesomeness Awesomeness Awesomnes I love your stories!keep up the good work! Wish you and everyone in your family well, and that the plunnies keep a bitin'!
224 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »