Reviews for Trust Issues
Spitfire303 chapter 1 . 2/6/2015
This is awesome it would have been kinda cool to see what he would try to get her to trust him
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 11/7/2014
Good analysis, interesting. Thanks.
ifan13 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
I love how you read into the characters - how you look at their motives, especially in this one. The idea that Jane wants Lisbon to trust him for reasons other than exploitation shows us another facet of his character. Great job!
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
I think you should continue it :)
Neoholmesz chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
:D I'm sure glad you continued this! I agree that the trust fall thing was cute, but I felt much the same way. It was kind of sad to hear that Lisbon didn't trust Jane, when he clearly trusted her... I think they're slowly trying to resolve this in the series, but oh ever SO slowly... :(
knacky chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
this was amazing a complete insight in Jane's thoughts and it was perfect, I sure hope there will be a follow up, whats is he gonna do to make her trust him ? or maybe the real reasons why she does not trust him a sincere conversation between both of them ?
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
I adore this for two main reasons. Firstly, because you simply ROCK with Jane's POV (and I happen to know that getting Jane's voice down is hard as hell)and Secondly, because you tackled an aspect of their relationship that fascinates and vexes me no end - the matter of Lisbon's trust.

Carnalian INC and the "trust fall" scene are probably one of my favorite Jane/Lisbon moments, because she is so utterly blunt when she tells him she doesn't trust him. And because his mask is so good, we can't really tell if it hurt him. But like you point out in this, I think it does.

What truly fascinates me is whether or not Jane realizes that words and actions are connected in this conundrum - that in order for her to trust him, he must be come trustworthy. And the fact that he usually does something to sabotage it when she does start to trust.

I love that you have him go through all the reasons why he trusts her, and find out that it stings that he's the only member of the team she doesn't trust. I've played with that in my mentalist fic too.

All very intriguing, and I'm ecstatic that an author or your caliber has taken on this relationship sticking-point with them. I can't wait to read your sequel.

Oh, and I should mention that after reading "If Only", I twirled in my office chair when I saw on your profile that all your stories were for Mentalist. Seriously. I think I even squeed.

Onward I go!
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I feel so bad for Jane.

Thanks for writing.
Conall chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
That was sweet. I personally like how much he's obsessing about it. During that scence you could definitely see how much her statements dumbfounded him, so I'm glad someone wrote something of this quality based on it. It's good stuff!

-Conall
dawn2dusk chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
You know your addicted to fanfiction-when watching an episode on tv you think "this will lead to some great fanfiction; I can't wait to read it!" Great story; you really captured the charators :)
mwalter1 chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
That was my favorite scene from Russet Potatoes. Maybe Minilli needs to send the whole team on a retreat.
flyersgirl12 chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
it's funny because i thought about writing a fic about this too. very well done. i hope you consider continuing this. great read :)
tpel chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
Loved this line: "Maybe it was professional pride. After all, for years he’d made a living getting people to trust him, to believe that whatever he said, no matter how preposterous, was the truth." I, too, had considered that part of the reason Lisbon's lack of trust stung is that Jane is an expert at getting people to trust him - complete strangers, no less!

This is a really nice character analysis. I like how you show the depth and complexity of Jane and Lisbon's friendship.
221b Baker Street chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
Nicely done, Hardly-lo (sorry, can't figure a better nik than that!),

I figured that'd bug him too, and you got right into his brain. Some very good insights. Probably doesn't need a sequel - some things are better as one offs.

Keep up the good work.

Baker Street
EmmaLeigh7 chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
Ohh... interesting! Like it a lot so far! ... I say 'so far' because you are continuing it, RIGHT? RIGHT? *looks menacing*.