Reviews for Lifting the Veil
de junco chapter 1 . 2/20
I think this is only the second time I've read this fic, but honestly, it's the one Kuroshitsuji fic that's stuck with me the most over the years. Partly because it's about Soma, my fave, whom sadly doesn't feature heavily in a lot of fics, partly because it's so well-written about Soma (again, little pool of fics doesn't guarantee a lot that're good quality), and because it's a fic about someone realizing they're in love, admittedly a weakness of mine.

This leaves me with a kind of melancholic feeling at the end, something that I don't usually go for, but in this case is an exception. I fully admit I'm a sucker for happy endings, so I suppose it's kind of depressing (though understandable) that Soma seems to deny and hide his feelings, especially if one then links this to Soma not being so touchy-feely with Agni in the manga.

At the same time, I just really love how you wrote this. It feels poetic in a nice, not overladen way, with Soma dreaming of things just outside of his reach, and how he stretches his smile to hide his disappointment from others and himself. And then the descriptions as he tricks Agni and comes to a realization regarding his feelings, they're just all so. URGH. PERFECT. And dear Agni has no idea, of course, is just worried about Soma's well-being.

I dunno, I wish I could be more verbose about why I love this so much. Just suffice to say that this is a favourite and something I will no doubt reread again over the years as I drift in and out of this fandom. Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/23/2015
An interesting view. Well done.
TitanFodder chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
aww so cute:)
PencilPop chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Eeeeee this story is amazing, I simply looooove it ) Great great one-shot!
Kittykata chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
you Could continue this if you wanted to. XD It's a lovely little story/drabble/thing :D I really enjoyed it! :D
White Maid chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
3 So cute. I loved this. X3
Epouvantable chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
I'm just getting into Agni/Soma and I must say this is one the few fics I've really enjoyed. This is lovely
alguien22792 chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Omg the way you write was so great!

This was kinda bittersweet but in a way it leave me with a light feeling~~ Awesome job P
PERMANENT DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Have I not reviewed this before? I could have sworn I had commented and favourited. Either way, I agree COMPLETELY about Soma's lack of touchiness when it comes to Agni. And this makes far too much sense. Excellent work! Made my heart ache and everything.
youkai chick supreme chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
This does make a lot of sense... Heh, go figure. Oh man, I love these two! This was an interesting concept. I thoroughly enjoyed reading.
Alug-Andaaz-Hai chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Aw, there's just not enough stories about these two, so finding this was a nice treat! It was very cute, what with the playfulness at the beginning and rather sad at the end... *sniff* Really nice.
Voltrix chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Woah! I really loved it! _ Especially Somas reaction, it was so hott xD I like your writing style as well! Very easy to read, just kind of flows, yaa know? So happy that u used logic and mentioned it not being allowed, so many people tend to ignore that! Can i hope for a 2nd chapter? This certainly has a lot of potential!

Volt Out~!

'Straight? So is spaghetti until you warm it up!'
Udyjay chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
f

so short... why so short?

this was... delicious. the part where soma actually NOTICED agni... was hot. aw man.

i wish you'd write more. There's a serious lack of anything other than Ciel around here.
Krichevskoy chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I've read this before somewhere. I can't remember. But I absolutely love it! I'm glad its on here, too! I wish you'd write more. I love this pairing so much. 3
inmemoryoftheMasterRapper chapter 1 . 5/4/2009