Reviews for Catching Air in a Jar
niccoyne12 chapter 12 . 6/7/2009
I think I have a new favourite Snarry fic! This is amazing! I don't usually go for AU fics, but you may have converted me. I loved this. I am adding the story and it's awesome author to my favourites and I am now going to go through the rest of your stuff! Well done!

Your's in Fiction,

Nicole

x
MillieIsabella chapter 3 . 6/5/2009
This is great... They are so cute, and uncomfortable :)
Llaeldryn chapter 12 . 6/4/2009
Great story~ Love it~ :D
elfwarrior87 chapter 11 . 6/4/2009
What a lovely chapter. So many emotions going through that were played out wonderfully. I loved Harry's advise was simply to go home and say sorry. That's usually the hardest part. Keep it up.
fibs chapter 12 . 6/3/2009
what a wonderful story...I really really love it

I could not stop reading when I start it this afternoon

you save my day
Im not on this site anymore chapter 12 . 6/1/2009
That was stunning! You did a wonderful job.
Elescave chapter 3 . 6/1/2009
I noticed several flaws in grammar, expression and orthography in the first chapters already, but this time some really bothered me. It almost seems as if you haven't proofread before posting (no offense meant). Honestly, I know it can be annoying when someone just points out (potential) mistakes, but take it as a token of good will that I'm reading commenting, will you? I just mean to help.

*Severus’s face contorted into one of discussed. disgust

*“The place is known for his noodle dishes.” its noddle dishes

*“A number sixteen please.” What are you trying to say? I guess this 'a' is supposed to indicate that Snape wants dish #16 once/for one person. The situational context supplies that information already. The way you expressed it does not make sense; I would recommend to simply delete 'A'.

*“So…um. How is the business going?” Harry had no idea what else to say and he knew that he was rambling and making small talk again. I have been wondering about that before already (in an earlier chapter) - rambling, as far as I understand it (!), implies saying a lot of meaningless things that are off the point. How can you be rambling when you're merely uttering half a dozen words and there's no conversation topic set yet, anyway?

There are some issues with tenses (simple past where past perfect should be used; an often seen mistake in fanfiction in general); a good beta might help there.
Amme Moto chapter 12 . 5/31/2009
You are my new idol.

I actually started this fic on Friday, but I had to leave off on chapter 6 because I had to go to A-Kon in Dallas, and I only just got back today. I must say I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fic. It's so completely funny and awesome. You managed to make a humorous Snape that was still in character, which I've only seen pulled off one other time. It was just excellent.

I'm definitely faving this, and I'm putting you on my watch. You're one of my favorites now!

~Amme Moto

P.S. I rarely review, let alone review something with so many awesome words in it. I just loved this so much that it seemed like disrespect not to review.
Hericus C chapter 12 . 5/30/2009
Delightful as always. Your 'the moral of the story...' is always insightful and well written with the fic, and Sev and Harry are marvelous. Will look forward to your next work.
hss15 chapter 12 . 5/30/2009
Loved every word especially the meaning behind the title. Harry and Snape are so cute together. Thanks for sharing
TEDeosil chapter 12 . 5/30/2009
There were many moments where I was so pleasantly amused by everyone's antics - snort-chuckling, actual grinning at the computer screen moments.

Harry's character was incredibly light-hearted and sweet, like he was doing everything he had always wanted to do but never had the chance to growing up but at the same time, there was a gentleness to it I endeared to. And Severus! Oh, this philosophical and yet snipey persona really melded well with your take on Harry. Plus the little scenes of jealousies, glimmers of doubt - the spontaneity of his romantic acts! Coupled together with Ron and Hermione's marital issue, it was a wonderful, wonderful story.

Thank you for writing and sharing it with us~ It was a truly, sweetly endearing read.
crazybibliophile chapter 12 . 5/30/2009
Perfect. Just absolutely perfectly perfect. I can't think of a way you possibly could have written a better ending, it's just... perfect.

I love it. :)
spinstitcher chapter 12 . 5/30/2009
oh I love it, that's so sweet. Sev/Harry is one of my favourite pairings and this is probably one of my favourite Sev/Harry fics. :D
Calistabelle chapter 12 . 5/29/2009
Would it be really odd as I described this story as 'yum'? I mean, aside from the obligatory spelling and grammar mistakes here and there (every story has them - any author who doesn't have a story with at least one or two of the damn things should be ashamed) this is a true diamond in the rough - I won't ask where you came up with the name 'Chu's Chow'.

I love the fact that Harry and Severus' relationship is so simple and that it's the ordinary little things that catch them off guard during it. I adore the scene when Sev goes to Dumbledore for relationship advice - priceless!

I also like the balance between H&S's - let's face it - cotton candy sweet relationship and the struggles Ron and Hermione are going through. It's a great contrast that give the story a sense of realism that if it was just fluff it wouldn't have. I also like the fact that there isn't any Ron or Hermione bashing. Yes, they both act like idiots, but they're just being human. I'm sick and tired of fics where they're both betrayed as complete twats - if you'll excuse my language.

Anyways, sorry for the great long review, I just mean to say that I loved this story.

Much love

Cal

x
ShadowMPerkinson chapter 12 . 5/29/2009
I loved your story! I mean it! I started to read it and couldn't stop until I was done! 5 Star rating! lol
336 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »