Reviews for Catching Air in a Jar
Midnight Axis chapter 12 . 12/21/2011
This has got to be one of the best Snarry stories I have ever read. The story was actually funny instead of just filled with lame jokes that you read in so many other stories. Thank you for writing this. This story made my day.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 13 . 12/1/2011
I'm curious... Who will be the first to discover Harry's self-imposed magical vow?

~ Severus hadn't the slightest idea what the old man was talking about,

How could you fall for this trap?

~ He would go. Forget being acerbic. Dumbledore would be lucky if he did not bite someone's head off.

Awaiting.

~ Apparently it was a crime to like your clothes comfortable, at least to hear Ginny tell it.

One more reason to dislike Ginevra.

~ Snape? No. Way. No way would that man ever be caught here... Why would Potter thank him, apologize, and then offer dinner as a kind of penance.

Hilarious.

~ 'After all, what's the worst that could happen?'

Ever ominous... I seem to thrive on such hilarity.

~ The last shirt he had gotten was from Albus in the eighties and was a terrible shade of neon orange

Colour changing charm?

I cannot stop laughing. I'm glad that Harry doesn't wear his suit... I am against Sake and any kind of alcohol.

Darn Albus! I really dislike those who meddle in personal, private matters.

Wordless and wandless magic... Harry, I congratulate you. And thank your tutors.

I don't like Ginny. Twins are tolerable.

Books aren't everything.

~ she could get him to buy the clothes, it was another thing to make him wear them in public.

At least some ability to think, thank you. And what's wrong with transfiguring clothes into needed shape?

~ that appealed to his house pride

What's wrong with forest green? Clothes should be practical, not showing-off. Silk can be used when strength and lightness are needed, not because of fashion.

~ I should spike his tea. Not too harmful, but at least something that should remind him that his days of manipulating a potion master have come to an end.

I don't like how Harry overthinks every word and action. Then maybe, it distracts him from saying something stupid.

So far, everything proceeds well.

~ the movie house, a museum, and the theater

A museum is my favourite. I'm sure Severus has excellent taste. Theater is second, but not even close: I prefer books; films and performances do not leave much work to human's imagination, and tend to be oversimplified.

~ fraternizing with the enemy

Severus isn't the enemy! It seems that due to the chess playing Ron can only see the world in black-and-white. [Huff!] As if it ever was black-and-white!

I am, some time, going to get

for three players a chess set,

with the colours: forest green,

dark night blue, and star silver.

Just so that it would be seen

that opinions have right to differ,

that world isn't clearly divided,

light isn't better than darkness,

white is not synonym of kindness,

prejudice will get you misguided,

turn into one whom you strived

to eradicate and to have killed,

one of fanatics who long lived

on pain of others they tortured;

prejudice isn't nice, be assured.

~ Mad that Snape had stolen Harry away from them.

[Sarcastic] Great. Just great. Snape has hypnotic powers which he used to make Harry to approach Snape and to invite him on a date.

~ Plus, he didn't think know if snakes knew how to sing. 'I'll have to ask one.'

Sounds like beginning of a beautiful story.

~ They were doing the snake equivalent of 'Harry and Severus sitting in a treeā€¦' Question answered. Snakes can sing. Not particularly well.

Hilarious.

~ The boy was just a Gryffindor

When will he know the Sorting Hat wanted to put Harry into Slytherin?

~ stink bombs

Distasteful. Pranks should be more subtle... Ginny is awful. I'm not surprised Severus doesn't like Weasley gatherings: Ron loathes Slytherins, Ginny gossips shamelessly, twins attack...

~ do you believe that you are so weak?

Traditional way to challenge somebody proud into foolish bravery...

~ Work should be fun.

Not exactly... Work should not be boring, but it shouldn't be easy and unproductive either.

~ Things will go back to the way they were.

You can hardly turn time back.

~ "Life isn't supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be gloriously complicated."

Agree.

Good luck, and thank you, for realistic peaceful happiness. And for Fred and George not being separated by death during the battle.
sixbynine chapter 12 . 9/7/2011
Thank you so much for this wonderful story! I've actually had to turn my PC on so i can leave a review for it :P (my mobile sucks for long messages...)

I have to say despite reading it for the Harry/Snape relationship I found myself drawn more and more into the Ron/Hermione story line, so often in fics, the secondary plot lines are either not there or so poorly held together they may as well not be there.

But instead you've created an entire world that fits together perfectly, although personally the Harry you have here isn't my preferred personality (it felt at times like he was sort of ...weak emotionally for me I can't imagine that a grown up Harry would be so easily trodden on even by friends, and the same for Snape..he gave into his feelings for Harry far to easily :P) but that's me personally, within the universe of this plot it works brilliantly...so good indeed i read the whole thing and loved it despite (as a general rule) preferring my Harry's and Snape's to be more fiesty XD

But most of all i loved the way that Ron and Hermione's story slotted in so nicely, it wasn't an unwelcome break from the Snarry. and it felt real, i could genuinely empathise with both of them and i could see both of those characters easily turning out like that. plus it makes a change to have the drama of the story focus on another pair rather than have some needless misunderstanding between the main pairing get blown way out of proportion XD

soo..i've rambled on for long enough! once again brilliant work!

6x9
rozalla chapter 12 . 8/29/2011
Thank you for writing this story. It's one of the best written stories I have ever read. And the plot is simply marvelous!
beedahla chapter 12 . 8/16/2011
I have to say, this is the absolute BEST Snarry fic I have ever read... and I am a pretty serious fan fiction addict. I love the relationship that you built for Harry and Severus, it was so believable! Usually, it ends up being something like "You are hot and I have liked you since school, we should have sex now, I love you lets get married". Also, all this somehow happens with in a week or so. Seriously, congratulations on such a wonderful fic. I wish there was a sequel of some sort! *WINKWINK NUDGENUDGE*
Hettiezstar chapter 12 . 7/11/2011
I ADORED THIS FIC!

It was really very cute and not too angsty and not too sappy, it was just perfect!

Very well done!

Thanks!
kas-delafere chapter 12 . 4/11/2011
Lovely!
pollyped chapter 13 . 3/28/2011
well i've read all your stories

up to date.

i so love them.

so many warm and fuzzy feelings from

them.

here's me wishing for more.

peace,

polly
miss random chapter 13 . 2/12/2011
Loved it!
mya chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
other than that this fic is rated because of naughty language
Guest chapter 12 . 1/17/2011
I've read this once before but for some reason I didn't review it (sorry!) but I am doing so now. I really like this story and your characterizations of Harry and Severus. That was about the sweetest courting I've ever read for them! I wish there was a little more description at their intimate moments but it was still really adorable. Ron, on the other hand, was pissing me off to no end so good job of keeping him canon ;P If you haven't thought about a sequel I suggest doing so because I think it would be wonderful! Make sure you get a beta though to correct those little mistakes :) Good job!
NoahTonks chapter 12 . 1/14/2011
Love this story, though I'm wondering if you have an author for the catching air in a jar quote?

Love it so much, I put it on my blog-header.

Cheers, Vaettr
TalaDentro chapter 12 . 1/4/2011
*sigh* This is just so fantastic. You have some serious talent. Excellent narrative and character work.
VellaAngelik chapter 12 . 12/30/2010
This story is completely freaking amazing!
Ceeecilliaaa chapter 12 . 12/15/2010
omg i love this story! It's so... i can't explain it. it just gets me. like, AWWW~
336 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »