Reviews for Handshake
Faia Sakura chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
*gasp* A fic on the handshake! You got the meaning quite right! It's explained in the subbed anime that's the reason for using the left hand. The beginning scene with Peony and Jade is sweet, and you wrote out Jade's thought nicely.

Faia Sakura
MG05 chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
I only noticed that in the anime. BTW, where'd you get that idea? From the anime?
ShadowSage2 chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Yes, you are indeed correct - the left handed handshake is a symbol of laying aside one's shield to embrace camaraderie. I think I've also heard something about the left hand being closer to the heart, but that doesn't sound particularly Jade-like. I like the way you came up with Jade's knowledge of it...very sweet.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
I noticed that too! I kind of thought it was because he remembered that Luke was actually left handed, but I like your explanation better.

Well written. Good read.
Natsuuro chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
I noticed it too! yay! Very nicely done! I liked it a lot. Very cute.
Rayestar Ikina chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
Oh, please ignore that second reviewer. So narrow-minded. Anyway, I had actually read this a couple of days ago, and I thought it was pretty insightful. I remembered Jade switching hands, but I thought it was some random fluke, especially since I'm not a Scout and wouldn't read something like that. But guess what? Have you watched the anime version? There was a note at the beginning of the last episode concerning just that, and it was exactly what Jade did after the battle with Van. _ Good job.

Rayestar
AshestoLight chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
That's really neat, and I never noticed it in the game! I like your interpretation of what it meant. It's subtleties like this that add depth to characters. I'm gonna watch for this the next time I finish the game.
lugfv chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
it's because Luke's left-handed stupid
yunike08 chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
I Likee!

It's Great! I've always wondered about that. Many of us assumed it to just be just an ordinary, meaningless handshake. Boy, you've even convinced my to give a comment. I'm quite new at this...

Vanila: SO BE GRATEFUL!