Reviews for Asking Jesus For Shoes
Lilith Luciferia chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Very entertaining. The characterizations are essentially perfect, the narration and dialogue are amusing, and the story raises a rather interesting question as well. I also have a notorious fondness for religious satire, so I enjoyed this piece thoroughly. Nicely done; keep writing.
UNDERLANDERfromtheOVERLAND chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
*dies laughing*
Sikar chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
I actually wasn't going to review this. I'm Orthodox Christian, and there was this little fella on my shoulder yelling at me while I was reading that I should leave it alone. Of course, I listen to that fella (the one with the halo over his head...you know him?) sometimes, but not all the time.

Okay, first of all, this story is very, very funny, and although the narrative style - "So we're in the 20th century because..." - struck me as a little Valley Girl at first, I soon fell in love with it. It simply works within the confines of your story, and serves to bring us toward a Q's-eye point of view. And ultimately, I think the piece achieves what every piece of fiction aims at: it tells us an interesting story. The eye does not pause with boredom between the right end of a line and the left end of the next one. Mission accomplished.

As for offense...well, I personally am not offended. I mean, Jesus going on a bender after the Crusades is pretty funny, okay? As for the stuff on gay marriage and whatnot...well, I found it to be a bit preachy (if you can dig it moving in the opposite direction!), but then I think you're mostly attacking fundamentalist Protestantism (the real grease in the wheels of some of those issues), and I'm okay with that. In the Orthodox tradition, we do not allow homosexual union within our confines, but nor do we attempt to condemn it outside them. Gay marriage - in America or elsewhere - is, as far as I know, quite outside our purview. Live and let live, I guess.

Overall, good story! I'm glad I read it, and I look forward to reading future work of yours.
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
i not sure what to say about this story, i belive that it would offend people, but the truth was Jesus said love your neighbor and love your god, yet people use his name to kill, i agree he would be piss
One Winged Royko chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
This is rich, do you support a Picard / Q pairing?
Peter Rabid chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
You know I could really just see Jesus himself telling off those people in the church. I'm not religious at all, but I think if Jesus is real, he would be really upset about how many Christians use his name as an excuse to go to war, hate gays, etc. Having Q do it just makes it all the more funny! XP
Tatsu-ZZmage chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Now that hit the spot. I wish that would happen, I really do.
Thursdaynext chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
if Q turned up at my sunday mass and said all the things I'd been thinking about religion whilst impersonating my fellow church goers savior, I think I'd die laughing, too bad this story got to me first.
Flash Foreward chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Haha, this is brilliant. And so very Q. great work!
beeminionjeran chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
:D Very fun, very Q.

This is hilarious. Don't deny it Jean-Luc!
Eternalswirl chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Oh my god this is hilarious! Exactly the sort of thing piccard would dispise and Q would love- brilliant, couldya write another Q story, hes my fav charectar lolz!
Contorted chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
L.

O.

L.

That was almost the funniest thing I've read all day!
Yva J chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
This is absolutely one of the most brilliant stories I have ever read on this site! I can see where you were trying to hit the whole hypocrisy issue as opposed to just opposing the whole religious issues. I also think that you managed that without any problems, because while I laughed, it also offered me some food for thought.

Not much else to say. This was a really great read! Thanks for the laugh.
Woemcat chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
i thought this was pretty funny.
CNJ chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Great story! Funny also! I'd think Jean Luc would be actually cracking up, appalled as he'd be by Q's antics.

It's also a good social commentary; I love it. Yes, way too many self-advertised "Christians" focus on the very wrong things and basically use their religion as an excuse for bigotry and hatred.

Very good story; I loved it!
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »