Reviews for End of Innocence
consultingsorcererof221B chapter 6 . 4/4
Uh...it says you haven't updated this since 2009...is that a mistake or have you abandoned this story?
Lysha101 chapter 6 . 4/15/2013
please update i just got into your story
Pom Rania chapter 6 . 1/21/2011
So, I FINALLY get around to reading this one. Thoroughly enjoyable, and eagerly awaiting more.
KeaneDragon chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Great
anon chapter 6 . 5/7/2010
I hope you are still writing this, it is a great story.
moms5thchild chapter 6 . 9/23/2009
Oh, isn't it wonderful when a teen ager opens his mouth and puts his foot in. Problem is, this isn't what really happened. This was a do-gooder overreacting.

I love all the people who came to Jack and Matt's defense. Getting the cop and the priest were perfect touches. I am sure that when the social worker contacts The Lighthouse she will find that Mrs. Foster stuck her nose in where it didn't belong. I'm just glad Jack managed to stay sober long enough to get the old buzy body out.

Keep the story going, you do great work!

Mom
grit-the-teeth chapter 6 . 9/18/2009
I realy love your daredevil/Matt Murdock storys. How did you get so deep inside his head?

But for a kid that's blind for only one week or two he is doing just a little bit too easy for my taste. He is blind and that's aweful. Does he holds himself up just because of his father? By the way, you have written Jack quite well. I like him. Deperate and protective just as I would be if Matt would be my kid.

I hope you update soon.

Yours

Grit
ComicalEpiphanies chapter 6 . 9/13/2009
You posted! Thank you, thank you! You know it's great, as usual. Post again soon...
Kelana-ti chapter 5 . 9/7/2009
Man! You left it off on a cliff-hanger! D: Oh well. I've read worse cliff-hangers before. I can't wait until the next chapter!
Lalaprincess chapter 5 . 7/17/2009
Sorry I haven't reviewed recently! I didn't see that you'd updated!

Awesome story, poor Matt, though, hitting his noggin like that...

It was very interesting to hear Dave's story, and the fact that you included blindness caused by disease makes this story all the more realistic! You're doing a great job, keep up the awesome work!
moms5thchild chapter 5 . 6/9/2009
This is a very interesting chapter. By Dave instructing Matthew you have managed to instruct the reader in the what's and the wherefore of cane travel. All that and entertainment too.

Again, the writing is tight and the dialogue believable. The one point I was having trouble visualising was one street corner. I kept thinking, there is no right turn on red in NYC so what direction are they moving in. Maybe I am too confused to travel by cane in Hell's Kitchen.

O... nice cliffie at the end.

Can't wait for the next chapter.l

Mom
girlwithoutfear chapter 4 . 6/7/2009
Thanks for the reviews! Aunt Grace is not canon; she's a character that ofcatsandwomen invented. Ofcatsandwomen, moms5thchild, and I decided Aunt Grace was a good person to have in Matt's life in "our" universe, which tends to happen in Matt's younger years. We've done some beta reading for each other, and hope to do some collaborations in the future with DD stories.

Matt went from a regular fifteen year old kid to a blind wunderkind who could do "anything better than any sighted man" in the space of one page in the original Stan Lee comic. There had to be more people than Jack in Matt's life before Jack's tragic demise, which in canon happened after Matt went to college, not when he was still a teenager, like in the movie.

There is a wealth of stories to be told about Matt in high school and college before he put on the tights and became a vigilante. I believe he has a very good sense of humor, that has all but disappeared lately in the comics. I hope to delve into some of this in my stories.

I'm glad you have been enjoying reading them, as much as I have enjoyed writing them. Daredevil/Matt Murdock is such an underrated fandom, considering the complexities of the character.
Lalaprincess chapter 4 . 6/6/2009
Awesome chapter!

And I love Aunt Grace, did you make her up or is she canon?

And Dave was funny! 'That Estelle is so old and grumpy that she makes Methuselah look like a frat boy'! That made me laugh my head off.

I hope you update soon!
Lalaprincess chapter 3 . 6/6/2009
Krissy called back! *cheers* That was so funny when his Dad was teasing him about it though...his ears must have matched his hair, eh?

The slip up with the social worker makes me think of one of my many slips of the tongue, like saying my mom beat me...at least Matt's could easily be explained away...'

Great chapter, you write well!
Lalaprincess chapter 2 . 6/6/2009
Loved the part where he interacts with his friends!

And the part with the knife. I think it shows the father/son relationship nicely, with his dad wanting to protect him, but Matt needing to learn to do things on his own.