Reviews for At Loss
firstcatfish chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
This one was hard to read. I found myself mourning the loss of the old Sam right along with Dean.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Ah, they both have so much to readjust to. But they both still need each other. A lot. Just in different ways. It's so sad seeing them wanting to help and let the other help the way they want to while trying to reconcile how they've changed in the absence. The flashback scenes with Bobby really reenforce how much Sam needed Dean and Dean was a bit of an idiot for doubting that.
HBKDEANRKO chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Another awesome job! Thanks for sharing!
2gsdip chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
sad and a tear jerker. But great story. Loved it. ;)
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
T_T good outlook on this
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
A dark and edgy story for dark and edgy times. I liked the way you swapped the points of view and described the two brother's lack of perception of each other's real feelings - it really reflected that mood of continued separation in face of their reunion; which in the season ended in Sam and Ruby raising Lucifer (whereas your resolution here, had it been happened in the show might have prevented that...)
Whilom chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
The little flashbacks to the time when Dean was in Hell were very poignant. I loved the little glimpses into Sam's life, pieces before he finally lost it that the episodes didn't show us.

**Sam was pretty sure that guy was gone for good, and it hurt that Dean kept looking for him. He always seemed so troubled when he saw Sam instead.

He had no idea how much Sam wished he could be the brother Dean remembered, too.**

So sad!

Sam's breakdown at the end was what I had been waiting for ever since Dean got back from Hell. -That- was what I wanted. I missed the old Sam, but I was okay with the new one so long as he still had the old Sam's heart, or at least a part of it. And I'm guessing Dean felt the same way. Perfect emotions there. Great job.
Catasauqua chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
Sam had a tendency to slip out late at night now when he thought Dean was sleeping.

and

(Dean)tried not to freak out when he woke in a nightmare rush to an empty and silent room.

That Sam left Dean alone to deal with his nightmares bothered me more than I can ever express. To me, it may have been his most unforgivable action. Just his presence in the room would have been invaluable.

For some reason I cannot begin to understand, your story has eased the resentment I'd continued to feel towards Sam for this.

Thank You. Truly.

Cat
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
AW this was absoloutley beautfiful hun!

i loved it
Silwyna chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
Perfect describtion of the boys in S4. I love it!
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Wow! I absolutely loved this. Using the flashbacks to Bobby was a great idea, I really liked his look into Sam those months Dean was gone. You captured all three of their voices perfectly and created a great case to be the background to the larger theme of the story. This is definitely going into my favourites.

KrisEleven
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
Woo hoo for the return of Sunday fics! Best news I've had all day! :)

“You think he’s eating in Hell, Bobby? You think he gets even a second to rest?” The tone shook, struggling to contain all the emotion. “I have to get him out. I promised him.” I much prefer this version of Sam to the one who was having sex with demons while his brother was in Hell.

So sweet that Bobby found Dean's shirt under Sam's pillow, but so sad that Sam took off and left it there. Telling.

And this is a definite indication of just how much Sam's changed: “He’s turned, Dean, and he’s killed people. It’s not like we have any options here. He’s not human anymore.”

"Brother protecting brother from something he couldn’t save him from. An innocent guy doomed without any choice in the matter." Nice how you managed to create a situation that paralleled theirs in its emotional aspects, to throw a mirror on Sam and Dean.

Such a sad image-Sam standing outside crying. Glad he allowed Dean to comfort him some. It was so painful to see the boys off like this, not really clicking, both changed and not in sync, but I loved that you ended it on a hopeful note, Sam mourning Dean and Dean comforting him, being there for him.

So much of Season 4 has been painful, it's hard to read fic that delves into that at all, but nice when you can pull a brotherly moment out of it, and you managed to create a nice one here.
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Awesome story, loved it.
lili20 chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Wonderful! I wish Sam would open like that in the show. I like your stories because they always give the reader hope and this story is no different.

Fav. line: "Maybe Sam was different, and maybe Dean was. But they still needed each other. And maybe, if they tried hard enough, they could change together"
Madebyme chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Well done, this a great read! I really enjoyed the flashbacks from Bobby's perspective, they were appropriately simple but hard-hitting. Even after 4.09 I still feel like the show could delve more into Sam's hurt during this period, it still feels like a bit of unexplored territory to me!

It' so hard to see the boys so fractured and separated but here you tried to resolved some of their issues without 'fixing' all their problems and that makes for a great fic in my opinion, it doesn't change the shows direction just makes us all feel a little better. I really hope all it all gets resolved in the show, but I have a feeling we may have a long wait!

Great stuff and I'm overjoyed that the Sunday posts are back! Thanks for sharing and take care, Madebyme.x
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »