Reviews for At Loss
Zatnikatel chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
This is incredibly moving… one of those stories where you wish you’d written it yourself. It flows together so beautifully – it’s lyrical.
Zubeneschamali chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
*sniff* That was gorgeous. Thanks for not wallowing too much in the parallels to brothers and werewolves dying. The bit about Dean fighting Sam on the little things but leaving him to flounder on the big ones was great; it fits very well with the early part of this season. And the final scene was beautiful and a much needed missing scene that would have made this whole season go differently if it had actually happened. Well done, as always!
PADavis chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Beautiful and perceptive. Love the flashbacks and how they act with the present story. Dang - you are really really good, you know?

Phoebe
irismay42 chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Oh you got me so many times with this one! I really loved the little glimpses into what life was like for Sam without his brother - and Dean's shirt under his pillow *sniffle* - and the backwards and forwards between the boys' perspectives, both not understanding the other, both wondering what had gone wrong and why they weren't connecting any more, both wondering which of them had changed.

I liked the point you made about Dean not being able to manage more than a couple of days without Sam, while Sam somehow survived four months. When Sam said he had to make himself more like Dean in Malleus Maleficarum if he was going to survive, he went way above and beyond that - like Dean said, becoming more like their dad - while all the time Dean's become the emo one, spilling his guts while Sam keeps it all bottled up inside.

Season four Sam and Dean really aren't easy to write, but I think you did a fantastic job here, really pulling apart what has happened in their relationship and giving plausible explanations for why the boys are behaving the way they are right now.

And that last scene in the parking lot? Wow, would I have loved to have seen that on the show!
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Thanks so much for this story that shows Sam really grieving and feeling the loss of his brother. This season is slowly killing me - Dean is falling apart and Sam has become the reincarnation of John Winchester and worse.

Love the way you show how the brothers just aren't in sync any more, that they both have changed because of what they went through, that they have to re-learn how to relate to one another.

Fabulous end. What I wouldn't give to see that Sammy again. But I'm afraid we never will. :( Thanks again for sharing this with us. I'll be looking forward to your Sunday offerings. Until next time...
WindSpirit79 chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Oh my. How heart achingly sad! Poor Dean. Poor Sam. And those other brothers. Just... *sniff* Gosh, you're killing me here.
sergeantmicky chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
I really enjoyed that. We all know that both boys are feeling each other's differences since Dean came back from Hell, and this story just illustrated that even further. Although we haven't got a nice moment yet, like the one you had at the end. :) Hope we get one soon! Nice job, as always. :)
DeanCastiel chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Aw i was crying at the end... That was BEAUTIFULLY written! A true work of art. The dynamics with the brothers was really well done and they were in character. I really enjoyed this, it was simply magnificent. I also really enjoyed the ending when all they both needed was for the other to be there. Marvelous and now i must go back and read it again.

Your Awed Fan

Christine
Zaphire chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Great storie, once again you have capture moments I miss so much in the show. This past epiode was great though, wasnt it? And Sunday treats are back. YES YES YES
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
*sigh* Hopefully things will work out for our boys. Great story! :)
Musica Diabolos chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Wow, loved it! Awesome job with Sams season 4 characterization, hes so hard and mysterious at this point...its great that you found him under all that :)
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Great story, Katalin. I really liked the structure you chose, enabling you to incorporate Bobby's grief/coping as well as the brothers'.
Maz101 chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Yes, we really need this. A perfect representation.
Orange Autumn chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Agh! If only. I so wish they'd put in a scene like that! I felt like they were getting close with the last episode. Sam finally, actually looked like SAM after being saved in the nick of time from Lilith. All scared, and maybe so relieved cause Dean was there. I feel like we might be getting closer to a repaired Winchester bond, but who knows. Awesome, wonderful story. Totally made me cry. Thanks so much for sharing!
Dianne chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
That was wonderful and I hope we get to see a moment like this in Season four, which is really good, but yeah, I miss the brotherly moments. I think because we get to see the characters when they're alone on the show and the characters don't get to see each other's emotions, they forget how the other feels. If that makes sense. That's why I loved when Dean went outside to find Sam against the car crying but still not able to let go fully until Dean comes out and is with him. Thanks once again for such a great story and a great brotherly moment. OH, you're going to Kansas Con? Have fun! I'm going to Vancouver! Yay!
56 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »