Reviews for Children of Broken World - A Long Way to Eden
gijsjesfairy chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
WOW, I hope you're gonna continue thia story, cause it's so well written... Is it sequel to Strange Fruit or so what?
Kasman chapter 1 . 5/28/2002
Nice work Ashantai. Lots of drama then the rescue at the end. Well done.
smallz chapter 1 . 4/20/2002
you're a really good writer! i've actually wondered what syl's life was like after she escaped manticore, and i like your view of it. very really dark.
pemberley chapter 1 . 4/16/2002
So cute in the end, but I cried in between. I love all of your stories. Don't ever stop writing.
Baloo chapter 1 . 3/20/2002
Let me sneak in my review here... like I said in Lacrima Amare, I knew what Syl's issues were, so you probably guessed that I had already read this story. Anyway, I loved it-you've certainly developed Syl's character well. And the way that Zack made his appearance, how he never even said anything and she only figured out who he was by his reaction... that was perfect. I don't think it's hard to believe that an X-5 would put up with this sort of abusive relationship just because she's physically capable of kicking the guy's ass because remember that Max was in a similar situation and she stuck around long enough. And when she did finally leave, she only ran away, she never confronted her foster dad.
Brin chapter 1 . 3/3/2002
Good insight into the minds of the young characters. Lovin' it!
Michael chapter 1 . 3/1/2002
Wow, that's a dark story.

And here I was expecting a metaphorical thing... *l*

This is an excellent story. You've gotton the emotions across so well and it doesn't slow down at all. You're an amazing writer ashantai.

I love the way you end it, and how you described zack was just perfect.

This is one of the best stories I think I've read from you.

Keep up the AwEsome work! *l*
Lexie Jayne chapter 4 . 12/29/2001
I'd loveto see you finish this one! I'm really enjoying reading about the X5s as little kids. It actually sounds like you enjoy writing this fic :) Maybe it was because the first two chapters were very dark? But its a great fic. Can you add Jondy into it.
pari106hotmail.com chapter 4 . 12/16/2001
Oh, wow, this was awesome! Zack makes me hate him and love him at the same time! Excellent grasp of the duallity of his character. Love all the X5 interaction, and the flashbacks (as always :) Especially all the glimpses into Zack's past confrontations with Lydecker and how he stood up for his siblings. Sad about what happened with Ben. And so the downward spiral begins, huh? It will be interesting to see this story progress, and Zack deal with the X5s, particularly Ben, more and more, as well with the consequences of his decision to move Ben like he did.
Kara chapter 4 . 12/16/2001
I think you're doing a fine job with this story. I like the way you're developing the X-5s, and showing how much it hurts Zack to take his brothers and sisters out of places they love. I hope you continue the story soon. :)
eliza chapter 3 . 12/16/2001
ooh! no, haven't been to mississippi so i wouldn't know the diff, but it's relly good keep going!
moonmaggie chapter 3 . 12/16/2001
I've been waiting for someone to write a story like this! I really like where your going with this...Krit talking in a southern accent kinda scared me but all in all chapter 3 was good. You're truly talented...keep writing!
D.M.O 452 chapter 3 . 12/16/2001
This is awesome. You did a real nice job expanding the story and characters of the '09 escapees. What happened to Syl was very, very disturbing for me... but that was one topic that needed exploring. I like how you contrasted her situation with Krit's, and how Zack goes thorugh hell dealing with each of his siblings. The first chapter was the best, remarkably powerful and emotional. The second one wasn't bad at all, nice twist with the heat cycles, and Zack on the phone wiht the rape crisis center. I actually feel somewhat sorry for Zack since he has to deal with all these emotional problems and situations, and happens to be the least emotional X5 of all. He can't relate to or comprehend how Syl and krit feel.

A word of advice though... please don't do any more southern accents. It bugged the hell out of me, and the thought of Krit talking like that scares me shitless.

Definitely continue this. I've been waiting forever for someone to do something like this, and you exceed my expectations. You're a truly talented individual.
Alexa not signed in chapter 3 . 12/16/2001
That was beautiful. I'm sucker for dark/angsty fics. I especially like how you used Syl as a charcter, since she's not written about often. Very nice plot twust the heat and all. Very well written, please write more! :)
pari106hotmail.com chapter 3 . 12/16/2001
Cool chapter! Poor Krit! Poor Zack! I like the accent...I have no idea if it's correct or not ;) but it's interesting. Write chapter 4 soon!