Reviews for Perspective
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Oh, this is a pip of a challenge. I like the different approaches.

Here's a wholly unexpected slant-the two guys finding common ground comparing notes on their near-death experiences. Meanwhile Mark's all over the place, mood-wise, just the way you'd expect someone to be in this situation-deftly done.
Georgi1961 chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Just love it when more comes from my favorite episode (of any show any time!). I am always amazed at the subtle detail that really paints the picture, "He laid his elbows across his thighs and clasped his hands together, taking a moment to gather his thoughts." I could feel the sigh, and the tension of that moment it took for him to think about how to phrase his next I was reading it, I realized I had my eyebrows raised in anticipation of what he was going to say.

And, yeah, Mark's grasping at a "positive" would definitely be hot cookies!

Thanks so much-this scene was just so comfortable. What a nice visit...
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 4/5/2009

Truly a wonderful worth waiting for.

I love everything in it.

Yes Also agree with what was said in one of the reviews about Hardcastle knowing how to get through to Mark when he's down or something going on.

I also liked Milt's comment I'm not saying you haven't been a peach or chuckled.I'll bet,he nodded, .I'll try and watch the whining.

Now that might be too much to hope for,Hardcastle answered,his eyes you could just try to look on the bright are 're home from the 's no hedges in your immediate future.

The other comment was where Hardcastle was struck with the notion that it's really only those you're closest to who get to see you at tour thought immediantly brought a smile to his face for reasons he wouldn't admit raised a hand to cover the grin,lest the kid see it and give him hell.

I loved know that part is so don't show there worst side to everyone.

Just a great and all so true story.

I sure pictured them in this and could hear them talk even.

Can't wait for the next one.

cheride chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Oh, what a nice piece of perspective this is. Hardcastle is just the guy to honestly understand what McCormick is going through, even if that's something that they don't normally talk about. (and aren't there a lot of those topics) And he's also just the guy to get the kid back on track when there's more than the physical stuff to worry about. But, just between you and me, he's probably _not_ the guy to complain if others aren't being a peach. :-)

Thanks for giving us such an excellent answer to the challenge.
302pilot chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
I don't think there's anything in this world a fresh cookie can't fix! A lovely little slice of life with just enough understated emotion to keep it all in character. and thanks for the explanation as to why Millie used the guest room and not Sarah's suite. Perfect. Thanks for sharing!

owlcroft chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
I just love this story. It's perfect in both characterization and dialogue, with that understated humor you always show. Lots of emotion hinted at, but it's deliberately kept under wraps, which is what these guys always do.

There's not a single thing I can quibble about - even the length is just right, since you've said it all, concisely and elegantly. A beautiful job of writing. Now don't make us wait so long for the next one!